Suggestions for KOTOR3

Though I'm not one of those people who are completely against the consistent bashing of Sith Lords.. mainly because I feel that if people can't get a 25% refund for receiving 75% of a classic game then bitching here is their only recourse..

But aside from that I was thinking back to the bioware forums where guys made a huge list of suggestions for what they wanted added to the KOTOR system for two. And to Obsidian's credit they really put an effort into adding a lot of the things that the fans asked for ie, taking turns in Pazaak or trying to add a master-apprentice tone to 2... so with that in mind I figured I'd start a thread with things I'd like to see added and subtracted to make 3 a better game than 2.

~ Restoring swoop racing. Swoop rasing was the only game play part of things that I think bioware took a step back in. It just wasn't as smooth as the first game and the jump button didn't add as much as I thought it would.

~ I read somewhere that Chris Avelonne said that if they do 3 that he'd like it to be set way after 2 and stand alone. I think that'd be a good thing. Sure I'd like to address Revan going off to fight his war, but not in a direct way where you're a new character following Revan and the exile into battle. Which leads to my next point...

~ Make it smaller in scope. The whole concept of super weapons has been amazingly over done in SW's (KOTOR1 annoyed me with that) and the whole "I have to save the entire galaxy" thing was one part I didn't enjoy about 2. My suggestion would be to do a basic story of a jedi and his apprentice on an important mission and the strange cast of characters they meet along the way. Which leads to.....

~ I appreciate that Obsidian addressed an issue a lot of guys asked for on the bioware forum, but the master-apprentice concept in Sith Lords fell flat with me. I didn't like the concept of so many people in your party being able to become jedi, but I'll get to that later. If anything I'd like the new game to be about a Padawan approaching the point of knighthood and his master.. yes that'd nearly mean having two main characters.

~ I hated the concept of turning people into jedi. I know it was done because in the first game peopel tended to only use their jedi, but 2 wasn't as hard as 1 so you needed less power and I think that the special abilities of people like Atton, Mira etc really made them fun to take around with you for me. Not to mentiont hat Obsidian did a great job of making guns as valuable/powerful as melee weapons

~ Address Revan, but don't make the game about him. I think that took away from the Exile as he was still second place in his own game. Maybe add a manipulative undertone of the forgotten Sith empire sending a sneaky agent to weaken thggns so that they can easily destroy the Republic, but I'd make this game more about the padawan growing into his own as a jedi and less about waht Revan did and how he effected the Padawan.

~ Fix the save throws, shield strength and possibly restore the level cap and whatever else it takes for the third game not to be embarassingly easy the way 2 was.

~ Beta test the game!!! Its no way that things like speed and force armor not working should have happened.

~ Give the enemies you face some brains. In the original when you went again say Malak's apprentice, you actually had to worry about him using his force powers against you. I can't really think of any point in Sith Lords where an enemy actually attempts to use a force power.

~ Dump the random loot system. I don't even get why this was tried, but it was a big failure since it lacked any logic. You kill a droid and he drops a lightsaber or robes.. "Huh?" .. you kill a homeless guy and he has a lightsaber and jedi robes.. where is the logic?

Well, what do you guys think should be added, subtracted to make 3 a better product?

I would agree with your suggestions for the most part. However, I disagree about not being able to all your companions into jedi. It was the PC's CHOICE to turn them into Jedi, therefore you could select & train who you felt most suited to weild the force - I liked that.

- To be honest I only wish the training of other N/PC's in the force was more gradual. e.g first they attempt to levitate a hydro-spanner or somthing, then they learn about the Jedi history and the better you teach them (through dialouge options) the greater their WIS or CHA.. or whatever. I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at. The whole insta-jedi thing was silly.

- My suggestions for KOTOR III character would be a 15-19 year old who is the son/daugter of Bastilla but does not know it. The father could be either Carth or Reven depending on your gender choice of Reven in KOTOR I. Either way this character would strong in the force and like the exile is yet to chose their role in the galaxy. It could have some interesting tie-ins with people like Dustil Onasi (if Carth was your father) you could be his half-brother/sister. Or if people hated Carth (which they do) Bastilla could have force baby like Schmi Skywalker.

I would kill for a plot like that!

- I would also like more intense lightsaber boss duals. I know it's an RPG but spamming someones health away just seems anti-climatic. All saber forms should be animated, made visual, so you can counter your opponents tecnique. Maybe even interaction with objects so you could make a power coupling fall on someones head or somthing.

Come on! lets keep adding.. somone *might* actually read our suggestions.

Oh, and one more thing about the random loot system you mentioned. YES, you are correct. What you said has merit, however would you cut off your arm if you touched some dog****?

They should improve it, categorise the loot system so droids drop random droid stuff and tramps drop random trampy stuff, see?

Well some suggestions sohlud be for the Kotor and Kotor II characters returning with a new set of characters in Kotor III to aide the older characters in defeating or aiding the true sith as I get the feeling that Kotor III might be a very big story because of the previous stories in the previous Kotors because there is so many possiblites in Kotors that it ain't funny....wonder why it's so popular.