Influencing when DS?

Now I'm playing a DS female and I'm having some difficulties with influence. I want those characters turned to Jedis, but most of them just don't approve of my evil deeds. Give me some advice on this, do I have to do LS acts, or is there better ways?

Also, I've tried using the Nar shaddaa speeder bug, but It doesn't work, I just don't get those options again. Maybe it's fixed.

Any Ideas?

Now I'm playing a DS female and I'm having some difficulties with influence. I want those characters turned to Jedis, but most of them just don't approve of my evil deeds. Give me some advice on this, do I have to do LS acts, or is there better ways?

Also, I've tried using the Nar shaddaa speeder bug, but It doesn't work, I just don't get those options again. Maybe it's fixed.

Any Ideas?

Be a jerk and lose influence whenever possible. I just turned Bao-Dur and Atton on Nar Shaddaa. That planet (or moon) is perfect for losing influence all over the place. So right now, my PC has dark side mastery and those two are about 75% in the blue.

I'm not sure of the logic behind it but if you're consistent in either winning or losing, you can train them.

Any Ideas?

Be a jerk and lose influence whenever possible. I just turned Bao-Dur and Atton on Nar Shaddaa. That planet (or moon) is perfect for losing influence all over the place. So right now, my PC has dark side mastery and those two are about 75% in the blue.

I'm not sure of the logic behind it but if you're consistent in either winning or losing, you can train them.

Really? How does this work? You just lose influence and then you just get a conversation option?

Really? How does this work? You just lose influence and then you just get a conversation option?

Yep. I don't know why it works but if you lose enough influence, you start getting all those "Influence:Success" notes you would get had you gained enough influence. I suppose they coded it that way so that you could train your NPCs without too much harm to your alignment.

Yep. I don't know why it works but if you lose enough influence, you start getting all those "Influence:Success" notes you would get had you gained enough influence. I suppose they coded it that way so that you could train your NPCs without too much harm to your alignment.

Someone said that if you have kreia in your party she makes the third party member to uh "gain influence" when you do bad deeds.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Well I have played the game for a short time and have played a great deal and I think I have discovered a way to get influence with everyone and keep everyones influence.. then drag everyone into evilness. Ok this is how it should work. First off do be nice to eveyone and really talk to everyone and just agree with eveyone in what they say then when once you have gained influence with eveyone then start doing bad stuff. Also if you want to be evil do NOT take the goody-to-shoe characters along with you instead take the baddy-to-shoes along instead that way you can keep all your influences with the goody-to-shoes (eg Goody-to-shoes- Bao-Dur,Diciple,Handmaiden,Mira? T3??etc) (Baddy-to-shoes-HK,GO-TO,Atton,Visas Marr,Kreia??,Mandalore???) leave them on the Ebon Hawk so you can keep there influences and don't loose influences with them but before you can do this just keep talking to everyone until you gain influence with everyone and once you do that! then just take all the bady-to-shoes with you around on the planets and start to do real bad stuff then i believe eventually now that you have influences with everyone you should see that everyone angliment is the same as yours.

I know with Bao-dur he has to be in your party for a while to convert him into a jedi Ok i think i know a way to drag him into a dark jedi first respect him and gain his trust and get influence with him by doing good-to-shoe stuff but once you convert him into a jedi...volaa!...now! start to beef him up a little then take him back to the ebon hawk and use other characters.....to gain influence....tak along bady-to-shoes for a while and once you become evil enough soon you shouls start to see their angliment like yours..... :-

I am going to try this down the drack.....

Hope this advice helps you all out

Cheero

Bastilla Skywalker

Wait, are you saying that you can't train your people to be sith if you go DS and go out of your way to influence them ?

Because so far, I'm doing every effort to be a jerk and still keep up my influence with everyone to turn them all to the dark side. It's not always easy, in fact it's almost as though the game tends to pull them slightly to the light each time you reload, maybe it's because some characters can only have a limited DS alignement.

But now, if you're telling me that they won't want to train as sith even though I have alot of DS influence over them, I need to know while I'm not too far in the game. You'd think that if they were swayed to evil they'd be consistent and want to train as sith, but nooooo.

You know, this is what I hate about a game like this, or any RPG where you have the "evil" option: you sure do have the option to play it evil, but the fact remains that the game is really designed to be played by a "good" or at least neutral character, therefore, it's always much harder to play it evil, and as such, there are many things you can't do.

Hey, don't take my word for it, just look at the penalties for being a goodie two shoes: you won't make friends with Goto (who cares, you already got another expert droid), you won't hear HK's full story (but you still get a competent fighter) and you won't get alot of influence with Canderous (but he hasn't got much of anything to say anyway, plus he's not really a gameplay element if you ask me).

So don't you be telling me this game is tailored for you to be DS.

BTW, who's the disciple ? I finished the game once, bumped into him down in the jedi enclave, but nothing else happened, he couldn't join me because all the spaces were filled in the selection window.

So what with this disciple, can he join your team ? if so, that means you don't get one of the other characters.

BTW, who's the disciple ? I finished the game once, bumped into him down in the jedi enclave, but nothing else happened, he couldn't join me because all the spaces were filled in the selection window.

So what with this disciple, can he join your team ? if so, that means you don't get one of the other characters.

You only get him if you play as female.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

You can gain DS points and influence Bao-dur by killing the Czerka salvager in the underground base at Telos and at N.S. by force persuading the two muggers to jump into the pit. Handmaiden you can leave her on ship and fight her at level 10,14, and 18. Don't remember whether you need more influence or not. I turned Handmaiden, Atton, and Bao-dur into Sith as I recall. By end of game they were all tending Dark and Visas had virtual mastery. We glowed bright red at each other.

You can either be their friend (IE do things that they agree with) Or you can totally dominate them, do everything they disagree with and grind their will away.

What you cant do is play the middle ground or you never go far enough one way or the other. So trying to make up for something(gain positive influence after you have lost a lot) is usually a bad move.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yep. Interestingly enough, the scripts that decide whether you can turn them into Jedi or not have this condition that requires their influence to be above 90, or below 10.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.