Kotor Patch

Yea... I wont get angry if they dont but it would be nice of them if they did. I dont know about you but I really dont want to pay 50 bucks to get it on PC just so i can have the patch. Plus I dont want to have to build (practicly anyway) a new computer just to play a game... I already had to do that with The Sims 2 :devil:"

Only the guys at Obsidian know how viable an Xbox patch for this particular game is.

As far as having a poll on whether there should be one, I can't see how the question can even meaningfully be asked of the fanbase.

If an Xbox version of the patch is technically and logistically viable, everyone will agree that there being one is a good thing, and the question is irrelevant. No one doesn't want the game to improve.

If an Xbox version of the patch is not technically and logistically viable, there's nothing for it, and the question is also irrelevant.

So what's the point?

Should they YES!!! can they I don't think so since there is no DLC support for TSL and without it I am not sure if even if they were to release it on a CD that loads onto the XBoxs HD that the game would even recognize it/ load it during game play. The only real way to impliment a patch would be to re-release the game and that would prove to be suicide for OE since it would make them look incompitent in the eyes of the industry and I sure that they wouldn't want that... not too mention how it would look to the gamers that would more than likely have to re-purchase the game again.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Microsoft do not allowing games other than their own 'special cases (halo and halo 2) to be patched via X-Box Live...

Yes true! but saying that the DLC coding wasn't removed they could have included a patch with the standard DLC, which wouldn't realy go against M$'s standard practice would it? but then agian this is all really a mute point since the coding was removed prior to the games release.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Microsoft do not allowing games other than their own 'special cases (halo and halo 2) to be patched via X-Box Live...

Yes true! but saying that the DLC coding wasn't removed they could have included a patch with the standard DLC, which wouldn't realy go against M$'s standard practice would it? but then agian this is all really a mute point since the coding was removed prior to the games release.

Star wars battlefronts was recently patched via xbox live content, with numerous fixes and a extra map, so saying that microsoft doesnt allow patching is just plain wrong. ps, battlefronts is still a horrible live game though, so dont get your hopes up

As far as having a poll on whether there should be one, I can't see how the question can even meaningfully be asked of the fanbase.

If an Xbox version of the patch is technically and logistically viable, everyone will agree that there being one is a good thing, and the question is irrelevant.  No one doesn't want the game to improve.

If an Xbox version of the patch is not technically and logistically viable, there's nothing for it, and the question is also irrelevant. 

So what's the point?

Precisely.

newlogo.gif

You all need to accept that we bought the XBOX version of a game and that due to the fact of it being a console title with no XBOX Live setup that a patch will never see the light of day.

Even if they made a new version of the game would it really be worth it to trade in your current copy for 1/4 what you paid for it and then buy the new version?

I just see it as a minor nuisance and have moved on to Republic Commando, I blame LA for not extending time to finish KotOR II but, what can I do about it, flaming the boards here is not really going to help, and besides the game isn't really as bad as everyone says. If it were the way some people have been posting that they will "boycot" LA products, then why was there a line at EB games and Gamestop the release day of Republic Commando?

(Lucky me I got the 1st copy that my Gamestop got)

All in all, all your immature posts demanding things from the companies is not going to get you anywhere?

In closing I will state the fact of yes I was one of the ones that was kinda mad when I saw missing storylines and uncompleted quests. But I realized, I have seen it several times before, and before you know it you will find another game to write about, flaming the heck out of the boards and what not. So this too shall pass and then all will be better when everyone realizes KotOR II is not the only game in the world that has had such problems. o:):) :cool:

If an Xbox version of the patch is technically and logistically viable, everyone will agree that there being one is a good thing, and the question is irrelevant.  No one doesn't want the game to improve.

So what's the point?

Precisely.

I think the question that Xbox owners want answered is "is an Xbox patch possible?

No it is not possible because, as has already been stated above, the game is not Live enabled.

The real question should be, "Are they going to release an expansion for K2 for the Xbox, since it is not Live enabled?"

But we already know the answer to that question is no, which was already stated by Chris Avellone. You never say never but it won't happen at least for the foreseeable future.

They could release the patch on cd instead of over the Live network. Technically its not a problem its just a matter of LA funding such a patch  :thumbsup:

Yeah, and imagine what the cost of something like that would be. The only reasonable way to do the CD distrobution would be to include it on a Demo Disc that comes free with a gaming magazine or something like that. Either way it would most likely cost LA way too much to be an economical solution to a customer service problem.

A lot of people seem to think that K2 on Xbox can support a content patch distributed by CD. Others have said that it is impossible, due to lack of the DLC programming I guess. They say that since K2 is not live enabled, it does not have the ability to accept ANY type of patch, even if said patch is on a CD. So, what is it? Yes or no?