Which game is more buggy - KOTOR I or KOTOR II?

What game was more buggy?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What game was more buggy?

• Knights Of The Old Republic I
    • Knights Of The Old Republic II

Since both games were most buggy I thought I should do a poll to see what do you think, which game from the two in the series has more bugs.

Please answer the poll of what game was more buggy before you downloaded the patch (or a patch), i.e - just when you got the game.

I didn't buy KotOR I untill after a couple of patches were already out, so I downloaded the patches for it before I ever played it. Still, I encountered quite a few bugs.

KotOR II definitely has been buggy. I'm not very far into the game, and already I've had as many problems as I did with KotOR. But it's unfair for me to compare the unpatched KotOR II with the patched KotOR I.

KoTOR, when it was first released it had the famous I845/I850 bug which made the game unplayable for large segments of purchasers. Slowdown/studder/jumps/crashes. The game shipped like this, just "how" I sure don't know since that chipset covered a massive segment of the market a few years ago.

The only two solutions to this were: Overclocking your machine by a few mhz which I found and posted on the BW boards. Second was to wait for a patch.

I had no problems at all with KoTOR 1. I've reached a point where KoTOR II is no longer playable. 100% crash at the same point, every time.

EXACTLY the same for me!!!

though i had an nVidia back then... but that shouldn't be the problem cause today i borowed a friends nVidia but still cant make KOTOR2 play (1/3 loading problem)

KOTORII by far. I could atleast play KOTOR without it crashing right away.

The Sith Lords.

There are massive performance problems as well as potentially game stopping glitches and bugs -- Telos Swoop racing anyone? Crashes to Desktop? Etc, etc.

The only problem I had with KOTOR I out of the box was the streaming audio problem that seemed to eat up to many CPU cycles (even if you had a separate sound card), but the game was (still) much more polished and stable than TSL is.

I've had none of the major bugs/glitches people complained about in KOTOR II. It played relatively smoothly with a few crashes, but nothing serious enough to make it unplayable. KOTOR 1 was also like this, so I'd say they are about the same unpatched.

KoTOR, when it was first released it had the famous I845/I850 bug which made the game unplayable for large segments of purchasers. Slowdown/studder/jumps/crashes. The game shipped like this, just "how" I sure don't know since that chipset covered a massive segment of the market a few years ago.

The only two solutions to this were:  Overclocking your machine by a few mhz which I found and posted on the BW boards.  Second was to wait for a patch.

I had no problems at all with KotOR 1 and my 845 chipset back then....

Well... I remember a lot of bugs in KOTOR I, but I was still able to play it and the patch was released pretty fast, anyway to almost everyone it was playable, no as KOTOR II, which is not playable to a LOT of people who are very pissed off for paying there money and can't play it and see lucasarts doesn't really care either.

Conclusion: DON'T BUY THE GAME OR IF YOU HAVE THE GAME DON'T PLAY IT YET BECAUSE OF THE MANY BUGS IT HOLDS, WAIT FOR A PATCH FIRST!

Don't be fools like me get to the last planet and experience a bug which you can't avoid of and you can't continue in the game because of it, so now I can't play, annoying lucasarts. :)

KotOR 1 had more issues initially, but the patches quickly began to fix it, It was perfect by patch 1.02, but (for me) 1.03 totally trashed it.

IMO, KotOR 1, was more unplayable initially, and I even get MORE FPS in K2, and I think it even looks 3 times better, on my PC anyway. So I suppose if your PC isn't exactly like mine then you wouldn't know what I am talking about.

considering that when Kotor I came out, i couldn't play it at all until 1.03 patch was released, so i think Kotor I was more buggy at release.

since i can play Kotor II without a problem (besides the major slowdown on all ATI and Nvidia Cards) it isn't as buggy.

but it does need bug fixing.

I never had any problems with Kotor 1 out of the box, I guess I was lucky.  Kotor 2 on the other hand is more buggy then a bee hive.

For me it's just the opposite...

I had tons of troubles with KotOR1 and none with KotOr2

I'm getting to the point where I am just going to give up. I've lost my entire party, I randomly die even if I have full health, conversation bugs plague every conversation and I occasionally get sent into never-never land where I can't move at all (clipping issues I'm assuming). I can understand a few scripting bugs here and there but there is just no excuse.

I never patched Kotor 1 ... and only had a lightsaber turning bulky green glitch. Everything else I never noticed any problems at all!

GeForcefx 5200

Amd AthlonXP

Kotor 2 on the other hand... I only get scripting errors. Where conversations loop awkwardly (ie lady quits pazzak forever but bug allows you to loop to a challenge)

Other then small script bugs and some design shortcommings like lack of npc speech... I got no problems with the game.

ALSO: I read about the BUG where your party turns all evil if you play as good... so Ive been playing as a Dark Jedi.

In my personal opinion KOTOR II or course, i can't continue playing and they are delaying with this damn patch, come on already, it's a shame to miss such a good games because of bugs, haven't you learned anything from KOTOR I?

KotOR II for sure, I could play KotOR I without any problems, even without any patch...

In KotOR II I just can't get past a god damn turbolift to enter the fuel mining depot during the first mission, game keeps locking up on loading screens or CTD's at random during the game and after days of torture getting the game to actually play with sound....

So my conclusion is: KotOR II is by far the buggiest game I've ever encountered in my entire life, and I'm not exaggerating...