New KOTOR 2 Patch

EDITED -

Sorry, that is a good question - the patch, at the time of this post, should NOT invalidate save games.

There is a potential problem that if you have already played through an area where the fix occurs and saved it without the patch, the patch may not fix that problem (as expected). But at worst, the end result would be playing the game as if unpatched, it wouldn't make the save game unplayable. I'm not sure how many bugs are like this (I doubt there will be many), I'm sure it'll be listed on the patch fixes.

Again, take this with a grain of salt - this information is only current at the time of this post, and it's still being tested.

Written by one of Obsidian Developers.

He also said that the release time of the patch is unknown.

So basicly anyone who is experiencing a loading problem (like me) will not be able to fix it, damn!

and there is more, if you are in a buggy area in your save game and you can't advance and you have a save game only in this place, then you too will have to start things all over again, really great!

I hope that someday LucasArts and Obsidian will realize that they should not be in a rush to release the game, otherwise it will be suck, a shame they didn't realize it from KOTOR I.

Nobody here CAN know the answer you are searching for. Look into the forum title "Self Help". Everyone is just a user. No one has a clue. An educated guess is the best you can get and it would still be a guess. Make http://www.obsidianent.com/ your browser homepage, so that it's the first page you see when starting it. At least I'm sure it will be presented there as soon as it's available.

Let's hope they're developing it...

Considering the half ass attempt at the release version ( and the sheer amount of bugs/glitches to fix ) i'd be amazed if it was released anytime soon, at the end of the day they've already got your money that you spent on the game in their back sack so why rush anything ?! And in all reality the only users of this particular forum are people having problems, so anyone considering buying it won't be aware of the many problems the game has. ( All they see, like me, are the glowing reviews the game keeps getting )

the announcementthat the patch is in the Q&A testing phase has been made several days now... still no patch available!

i visit www.obsidianent.com twice a day but no luck yet....

can't they just give us the patch and we'll do the Q&A?!!! It can't get any worse anyway! I can't play the game right now...

the announcementthat the patch is in the Q&A testing phase has been made several days now... still no patch available!

can't they just give us the patch and we'll do the Q&A?!!! It can't get any worse anyway! I can't play the game right now...

Haha ya they should do that since that's what they basically did with the game itself. We did their beta testing ;)

I hope they offer it as a stand-alone download in addition to download through the game interface.

I've only got a 56K modem at home...doing 20MB downloads is a pain.

But I've got T1 access from work and a 4GB USB drive to store stuff on.

bump and bump again until the last moment in my life if they don't release some f***ing patch.

Chris's just post this thread today...

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=31125

The patch is on the way, but still being tested. We won't have a list of all the fixes until it's ready to be downloaded, unfortunately.

I don't have an ETA on it yet, but it shouldn't be too much longer.

Anyway, What's this ETA?

Haha ya they should do that since that's what they basically did with the game itself. We did their beta testing :(

I send them an angry E-mail from a few computers (from a few different email domains), saying that they should release a temporary patch or something because a lot of people can't play the game and I told them that they don't care from us anymore after we paid good money and now they don't care.

I think you people should email them too, the more emails they get the more rush there will be at LucasArts

I send them an angry E-mail from a few computers (from a few different email domains), saying that they should release a temporary patch or something because a lot of people can't play the game and I told them that they don't care from us anymore after we paid good money and now they don't care.

I think you people should email them too, the more emails they get the more rush there will be at LucasArts

I do encourage emailing LucasArts, but please do so politely and coherently. We want them to realize the magnitude of the disappointment they've caused to intelligent, well-paying customers, not angry children. If we treat them with respect, there is a greater chance that we will receive treatment in kind.

I do encourage emailing LucasArts, but please do so politely and coherently. We want them to realize the magnitude of the disappointment they've caused to intelligent, well-paying customers, not angry children. If we treat them with respect, there is a greater chance that we will receive treatment in kind.

That is correct although all of us are a little bit pissed off about it, and it is possible to say to them 'we paid good money for it' or something like that, make them feel blame or something, anyway it's true that the one reading the email may not be involved in the developing, i just said that if a lot of emails will get to them, he might show it to someone who does, I mean... lucasarts is one of the best companys I know and I don't think they will ignore us.

That is correct although all of us are a little bit pissed off about it, and it is possible to say to them 'we paid good money for it' or something like that, make them feel blame or something, anyway it's true that the one reading the email may not be involved in the developing, i just said that if a lot of emails will get to them, he might show it to someone who does, I mean... lucasarts is one of the best companys I know and I don't think they will ignore us.

Oh my god... if there was a way to show actual, hearty laughter in rubbishy txt!

Didn't the irony punch you quite hard in the face even as you wrote that?

Oh my god... if there was a way to show actual, hearty laughter in rubbishy txt!

Didn't the irony punch you quite hard in the face even as you wrote that?

What is ironic about that?

You really prefer the same rush job that was done on the game be done on the patch as well?

Wasn't it LA rushing this game out the door early and untested in the first place that ended-up with all of the bugs?

I opt for the path of patience. They've stated that a patch is being tested, and that should be enough to make many of you whiners relax.

Many of us paid good money for the game as well. Getting angry and typing obscene messages to people at the company will not make anyone happy.

If being angry makes you feel better, perhaps you should try playing a game of Postal 2 while you wait for the patch. It would be a great opportunity to vent your anger, as well as laugh a little.

In the meantime, let's give Obsidian some breathing room. And be thankful that they weren't forced to release it back when the XBOX version was released (the original release date for this version). That would really be unacceptable (can you say wireframes?).

A proper patch would be better-received than an incomplete patch that resolves nothing. :o