Characters that can't appear after KOTOR 1

Hey all, was just wondering what your thoughts are on the characters that returned in KOTOR 2 (and the ones that didn't) based on the events that occured in KOTOR 1.

It's been awhile since I've played KOTOR 1 and I'm not quite sure how many of your NPCs you can kill but anyway here's the list I think:

Canderous

HK-47

T3-M3

Bastila (possible)

Carth (possible)

Juhani (possible)

Jolee (possible)

Mission (possible)

Zalbar (possible)

Can't remember about the rest (please correct me if I'm wrong).

So since you can kill most of them, you wouldn't expect the likes of Bastila or Carth to appear in KOTOR 2 (which they do) but then again I guess they made a compromise with what Revan actually did in KOTOR 1 and after.

With this in mind, do you think it'll be likely that in a KOTOR 3, considering in KOTOR 2 they assume that you didn't kill KOTOR 1 characters, that you could get a reprisal of any of the above roles?

Hey all, was just wondering what your thoughts are on the characters that returned in KOTOR 2 (and the ones that didn't) based on the events that occured in KOTOR 1.

Lucas Arts is pretty darn protective of the Star Wars "canon" - it would seem they have blessed Bastila, Carth, Canderous, and HK-47 with continued existence. And Revan, of course. I doubt we will see any of the other NPC's from KOTOR 1 again, with the possible exception of Jolee Bindo. There was some reference in KOTOR 2 to his further adventures.

One thing I'm sure of this that Obsidian (or LucasArts) left out a lot of the things fans were expecting continued, like Zaalbar leading Kashyyyk, or what happens to Manaan if you poison the Kolto, and for something even more anticipated like the Revan/Bastila romance consequences, they took the "quick-way" out by having Revan go off leaving her behind :blink:

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

So since you can kill most of them, you wouldn't expect the likes of Bastila or Carth to appear in KOTOR 2 (which they do) but then again I guess they made a compromise with what Revan actually did in KOTOR 1 and after.

I haven't tried this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but if you tell Atton that Revan was a "dark side" female, the only circumstances where Carth can be killed, Carth won't appear and it'll be some other Republic admiral instead. There's no problem there.

You do have a point about Bastila though. If you're "light side", it is possible to kill Bastila. However, since redeeming her is easy, the only way you'd kill her is if you wanted to, which is contrary to the whole "light side" philosophy. Obsidian wasn't unreasonable in assuming she survived.

The only other iffy character was HK-47, since you don't have to buy him, but since he's such an iconic KOTOR character, Obsidian wasn't unreasonable in including him either.

I suppose it was possible for Mission, Zaalbar, and Jolee to make cameo appearances if you told Atton that Revan wasn't evil. Juhani was the least likely to appear since she can be killed in either ending.

With this in mind, do you think it'll be likely that in a KOTOR 3, considering in KOTOR 2 they assume that you didn't kill KOTOR 1 characters, that you could get a reprisal of any of the above roles?

I suspect that in KOTOR 3 they'll do the same thing they did in 2. You'll tell some character about Revan, male or female, good or evil. That'll determine which cameos happen and in Bastila's case, the allegience of those characters. They probably don't have to do the same with the exile, since the characters that die in KOTOR 2 aren't specific to the light or dark endings. Atton, Bao-Dur, the droids (except maybe the remote), Mandalore, the Handmaiden, and the Disciple all survive no matter what you do.

What's iffy about HK-47? He's a big part of the lightside path in KOTOR1. You need him if you want to complete the sand people quests in a friendly way. If you choose Revan as a lightsider, the game assumes you played KOTOR1 as a rightful, upstanding dogooder. Easy as that.

I haven't tried this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but if you tell Atton that Revan was a "dark side" female, the only circumstances where Carth can be killed, Carth won't appear and it'll be some other Republic admiral instead. There's no problem there.

You do have a point about Bastila though. If you're "light side", it is possible to kill Bastila. However, since redeeming her is easy, the only way you'd kill her is if you wanted to, which is contrary to the whole "light side" philosophy. Obsidian wasn't unreasonable in assuming she survived.

Other than these two, Canderous/Mandalore and the droids, I wouldn't count on any KOTOR characters returning. As for KOTOR 2 characters, Mira and Hanharr can be killed, and so can Visas, as well as Kreia, obviously. None of these things are specific to dark side or light side endings, so I doubt any of these characters can appear in a future installment.

Ah well it just happens the game I'm playing atm I've indicated that Revan was a DS female in KOTOR 1, so we'll see what happens :(.

Couldn't you kill Bastila as DS male in the first KOTOR?

Good points so far on the future of KOTOR's characters, keep 'em coming :o.

This may be another reason actually why OE decided to leave the ending so open (which made it pretty disappointing in some regards, but helps with continuity, since if you don't know how the relationships stand between you and your party members, it's easier to slot in the Exile into KOTOR 3 if need be).

What's iffy about HK-47? He's a big part of the lightside path in KOTOR1. You need him if you want to complete the sand people quests in a friendly way. If you choose Revan as a lightsider, the game assumes you played KOTOR1 as a rightful, upstanding dogooder. Easy as that.

That's correct. But as a DS character, I don't think it was necessary to purchase him :/.

I'd rather see most of them returning, but I don't Canderous would be alive... I mean, the guy had a full head of greys in K1.

Unless you killed Admiral Onasi, I'd like to see him returning. Bastila, too? Maybe not as party members but as NPCs you encountered.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I haven't tried this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but if you tell Atton that Revan was a "dark side" female, the only circumstances where Carth can be killed, Carth won't appear and it'll be some other Republic admiral instead.  There's no problem there.

I played with Revan as a DS male and Carth didn't show. I guess he never got off the Rakatan world.

You do have a point about Bastila though.  If you're "light side", it is possible to kill Bastila.  However, since redeeming her is easy, the only way you'd kill her is if you wanted to, which is contrary to the whole "light side" philosophy.  Obsidian wasn't unreasonable in assuming she survived.

Well, you could be forced into killing her with bad dialogue choices. The good ones weren't totally obvious. But I agree that it's easier to assume she lived.

Atton, Bao-Dur, the droids (except maybe the remote), Mandalore, the Handmaiden, and the Disciple all survive no matter what you do.

Well, maybe they survive. Any or all of them could have died in the crash or when the planet blew.

Maybe K3 will use the save game from K1 and K2 this time? More likley just K2 though.

What I thought K2 was gonna be, is a continuation of K1, like 5 years later like it already is, and have the "loading from saved game" thing, but still have the options to determin what Revan actually did. So if you tell Atton that he was LS - Male.. the game will load from one of your LS - Male ones. Though maybe just saying what happens would have been better, and on the Carth part, we at least should have gotten the chance to listen to the whole story about K1, and then ask him what happened to Mission, etc.

I mean, theres many things we have no idea about. Does Carth know Canderous is still alive? Does Mission, Zalbaar, Juhani and Jolee still live? We have no idea, and I think we at least should have got to know.. and Talk to Bastila :p. and also more info with T3 finding Revan.. and take away the "dwoooo, beep" since the exile already understands it.. We could have asked him if Revan is alive, all we know is Bastila sent him to look for Revan, said if anything has happened to him search for help, which the Exile is the help.. so does this mean something 'Did' happen to Revan? or.. the other possibilities are that Revan sent T3 back to get help from the General (Exile).. maybe we'll see the return of Ulic Qel-Droma to help them out too? :p lol!.. maybe even Master Vandar.

Canderous will still be alive in K3, they will add some sort of big war at the end, where you have to use your head some more, sorta like the temples in K1 and stuff like that.. and use more battle tactics (and what was that skill for with the "War Veteran?"), Obviously the Mandalorians will help the Republic to defeat the Sith.. and Probably at the end we'll have one big celebration with all the Party at the end.

Maybe the Party from both K1 and K2 will play a big part in K3, maybe you'll get 12 party members to use, and have a choice to pick up different members.. so each time you play the game you could have a completly different party... maybe have 2 different parties too? Revan and the Exile will join up.. since Revan couldnt take anyone he loved, and cared about, doesnt mean he couldnt take someone he didnt even know, like the Exile. My guess is that Revan didnt take anyone because he knew of the Bonds the Exile has (if his friends die, he feels it too.. or something like that) maybe thats why he left them behind.

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

I haven't tried this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but if you tell Atton that Revan was a "dark side" female, the only circumstances where Carth can be killed, Carth won't appear and it'll be some other Republic admiral instead.  There's no problem there.

You can see Carth, but only as a holovid from T3. In it, he tells T3 he's still going to try and save Revan from herself and that, if he fails (which he sadly does later), for T3 to get help.

I thought Yuthura Ban would be in this game since she was redeemed by Revan himself.

And there is a mod that removes Mandalores helmet for Kotor2.. he's not all grey here.

http://gknetworks.net/kotor/MandaloreHelmet01.jpg

If the story does come to a close in KoToR 3 I bet we'd see every character because of Revan giving each of them orders to do certain things LS wise.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

I thought Yuthura Ban would be in this game since she was redeemed by Revan himself.

And there is a mod that removes Mandalores helmet for Kotor2.. he's not all grey here.

http://gknetworks.net/kotor/MandaloreHelmet01.jpg

If the story does come to a close in KoToR 3 I bet we'd see every character because of Revan giving each of them orders to do certain things LS wise.

lol Canderous is grey, I have the saved game editor where you can give him no helmet too, he's all grey :(

yeah Revan gave them all orders, i wonder if revan is expecting to return with his full memory, thats why he/she said for them to keep the republic/mandalorians strong and be "ready" for him/her to return.. or something.

the exile will also leave the k2 party behind.. even T3 and HK... they'll prolly goto the Underground Telos base where that HK facility is.

I thought I ran into a mention that Vandar and Zhar died on Katarr, in KoTOR 2.

they dont know for certain..maybe jedi where on that world.. Atris was said to be there too.. Visas also survived there... maybe Vandar never went

Shane Tyduk

they dont know for certain..maybe jedi where on that world.. Atris was said to be there too.. Visas also survived there... maybe Vandar never went

I mean, I believe I've run into a conversation thread specifically mentioning Vandar as one who went to Katarr. I'll have to look for it again.

I mean, I believe I've run into a conversation thread specifically mentioning Vandar as one who went to Katarr. I'll have to look for it again.

thats what the jedi council said, they thought Atris went there too.. they where shocked when you said different

Shane Tyduk