Alignment jingle axed on PC version?!

On the TSL XBOX version, upon receiving LS/DS points, not only did you receive the LS/DS animation 'through the player character's body' (which you also get on the PC version), but you also got a really groovy LS/DS jingle to go with it! :)

But alas, our beloved jingle has been axed for the PC version (or so it seems as I've yet to figure a way to get it to work).

Someone please tell this isn't Obsidian being "lazy" again. ;)

manthing2.jpg

That's really too bad if the sounds were cut.

The LS orchestra swell was one of my favorite things about TSL. That little "Luke staring into the suns of Tatooine" flourish connected the game with the (good) movies quite nicely.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Are you referring to when, for example, you get DS points there's that reddish glow around the character's body and it plays a little tune that lends itself to the DS? If so, you do in fact get the tune on the PC. Both DS and LS. I've heard it many times.

I've just doubled checked - I don't seem to be getting that tune on the PC version. Are there special settings that our required?

manthing2.jpg

Hmmmm strange... what we need now, is a "Twilight Zone" jingle  :o

If this problem wasn't happening to me, I think I would laugh. :(

Yeah sorry about my attempt at humour :o. It has to be sound card related - I mean I'm pretty sure there's no option in the menu that says turn certain sounds off... or maybe it has something to do with the 3D sound settings? I know that in some games (like Planescape Torment) when I have 3D surround settings on I can hardly hear what the characters are saying while background noise is extremely loud. Have you tried getting the latest sound drivers for your card? Are you using motherboard sound?

Yeah sorry about my attempt at humour :o. It has to be sound card related - I mean I'm pretty sure there's no option in the menu that says turn certain sounds off... or maybe it has something to do with the 3D sound settings? I know that in some games (like Planescape Torment) when I have 3D surround settings on I can hardly hear what the characters are saying while background noise is extremely loud. Have you tried getting the latest sound drivers for your card? Are you using motherboard sound?

Here's my K2 diagnostic scan:

Jagsspecs.jpg

:(

manthing2.jpg

I don't know your soundcard, but does it have controls for hardware acceleration ? My old card did weird stuff with cinematics and cutscenes in various games (including the Fallout death scene) until I disable that in the cards control panel.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i get a sound when i get LS or DS points an i dont even have the music on

*acknowledges Buck's post*

It obviously falls under the category of 'Suond Effects Volume' and not 'Music Volume' (as I naturally suspected).

*turns up Sound Effects volume and nothing happens*

*taps foot* :(

manthing2.jpg