DS = The Elderly

Eji

Just to see what kind of face changes I could get, I decided to go massively DS....

and apparently everyone gets old. :lol:

Anyone else noticed this? The arrangement of veins and marks around the eyes and jaw made a lot of characters look like they were aged. Plus everyone's skin starts paling, as well as their eyes for some reason... :wub: I thought maybe their eyes might've started turning red or something, but nah.

Disciple looks particularly old, since his blond hair goes stark white, lol...

Kinda cracked me up, though.

I think in the first game, the veins were more all over the place and spidery, plus the eyes got really creepy and yellowish, and the pupils themselves started splitting. I hadn't gotten the impression Revan was aging, just that she looked pretty icky. :o

I do think its a little excessive the lines, the greying of the skin in KOTOR II.

In KOTOR I, I kind of thought it was more a visual representation to the PC player of what the character was like on the inside. Because I dont ever remember anyone mentioning it to much.

But in Kotor II quite a few people told me I looked pretty rough. One guy asked me if there was a plague going around. Another guy said he had some lotion for my face looked like the back end of a animals butt. In Kotor I I dont remember that happening but its been awhile.

Eyes turning yellow, yes. Turning of the skin I dont know about it, too much, how much?. I dont really have a issue with it, it does seem a little excessive though in KOTOR II.

You have like 3 options (at least): for darkside transitions do

1) nothing --> reason to believe such, Dooku, perhaps other Dark Jedi

2) little yellowing of eyes, perhaps darkening of skin --> maybe we see that with Anakin in Ep 3

3) Full blow Vampire Masquered - KOTOR II

The answer is probably somewhere between 2 and 3, for gamers like, enjoy seeing visual feedback representating things they have done. A character aging, aquiring wealth, prestige, gaining new loot.

I believe there is some documentated Star Wars lore precedent for the changes in KOTOR I and II. But it is really a matter of taste and interpretation how you implement it.

There are already some mods in work at pcgamemods.com that address these transitions, somewhat be reducing the effect.

My preference would probably be the yellow eyes, and darkening of skin, perhaps hardening of the face.

All the excessive lines to me should be reserved for some Sith Lord who has practiced long and hard in the force, perhaps even corrupting himself with some arcane Sith knowledge and powers.

I do think there should be some visual difference, as far as pc games go I like visual candy. Dooku was obviously dark, and I had no problem with fact he didnt have yellow eyes but that was a movie.

Now Palpatine does have I think yelllow eyes and scars and such, but this guy is really, really high up, messing with the force, long time.

I know what the darkside transitions are. I wonder are the light side transitions making the character look more holy? Dammit I got to play a lightside character.

I know what the darkside transitions are. I wonder are the light side transitions making the character look more holy? Dammit I got to play a lightside character.

I haven't noticed any LS transitions, unless they're really subtle or something, other than the character having pure unblemished skin... then again even if you're a grey jedi you have that. :lol:

Rapid aging is an effect of use of the dark side. DS kind of burns you out, so to speak.

If you investigate the comic book collections called Dark Empire and Dark Empire II, we learn that Palpatine had a number of clones of himself. Once one body got too old for him to use, he'd use a Sith force method to transfer himself into a new body.

He kept a storehouse of fresh, young bodies in a citadel on the planet Byss.

I think that Sith should stay the same, if not start to look better. I mean, would you consider vanity to be a characteristic of a Jedi or a Sith? And with all that raw emotion, the Sith would be more prone to lust than a Jedi. Love is a quality that can be on both sides, but for the Sith, one would expect it to be more carnal in nature. Thus, a Sith might care more about what's on the outside than what's on the inside. Also, why should a Sith have to sacrifice his or her appearance to gain power? Sacrifice is a Jedi ideal.

A Jedi can be corrupted more easily if the Dark Side feeds on his/her vanity and makes them look better.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

/agree

the movies gave me an idea that both sith and jedis are neat freaks, just check everyone in SW films, aside from anakin(SWIII) and quigon

most force sensitives are really concerned with how they look, just check out obi-wan, he had that hair-thingy in EpI, or vader, now that guy kept his armor nice and shiny... and the looks well... only palpatine looked trash..

Just to see what kind of face changes I could get, I decided to go massively DS....

and apparently everyone gets old.  :shifty:

Anyone else noticed this?  The arrangement of veins and marks around the eyes and jaw made a lot of characters look like they were aged.  Plus everyone's skin starts paling, as well as their eyes for some reason...  :lol:  I thought maybe their eyes might've started turning red or something, but nah.

Disciple looks particularly old, since his blond hair goes stark white, lol...

Kinda cracked me up, though. 

I think in the first game, the veins were more all over the place and spidery, plus the eyes got really creepy and yellowish, and the pupils themselves started splitting.  I hadn't gotten the impression Revan was aging, just that she looked pretty icky.  :lol:

Its obviously because darkside represents death, and you being a wound in the force doesnt help i surspect, if you ever seen death people then youll notice veins becomes more appearent after death, i surspect thats why you see vein like features and grey skin represent abscense of life, as counsol and other said i believe the darkside feats on life.

My personal Philosophy is that Darkness seek life because of its own abscense of it, when it finds it then either it comes to see what it hates about ifself a seek to destroy it other theory is it may leech it to find what it itself is missing.

Like common sense opposites attract just like in real life, people that cant rebel when they want to find people who are rebelious to take from their strengh, a empty person seeks people of colour to find their own, such is way of things.

There by said the dark side leeches for what it is missing itself, which is life and i surspect that why your character complete darkside appears lifeless.

the face changing is completely unnecessary and even inconsistent. the emperor in episode 1 and 2 looks normal even though he is a sith lord. he isnt any more darkside in episode 4-6 than he was in episode 1-2. vader looked like that cause most of his body was dead, hence the "more machine than man" insults. you can even look at the other old republic sith lords that are mentioned in the game, none of them have these "sith faces". makes the character look lame... i hated it in kotor 1 and they decide to focus on it in kotor 2. oh well, the whole dark side part of the game sucks, not going to hurt it that much more with this crap.

The Palpatine looks normal in eps 1 and 2 becuase he can hide his Sith nature from the Jedi (presumably Kreia is doing something similar in KotoR II). Look at him when he is in Darth Sideous mode and he is all pale and wrinkled.

You will see this much more clearly in Episode III, just watch the trailer or look at the preview pictures floating around the web. Pale, wrinkled and bad teeth Sideous wielding a lightsaber. There are also picture of Anakin with his eyes going all yellow and evil.

/agree

the movies gave me an idea that both sith and jedis are neat freaks, just check everyone in SW films, aside from anakin(SWIII) and quigon

most force sensitives are really concerned with how they look, just check out obi-wan, he had that hair-thingy in EpI, or vader, now that guy kept his armor nice and shiny... and the looks well... only palpatine looked trash..

As you said it. Only Palpatine looked like trash. Palpatine who had immersed himself in the Dark Side for years.

And Obi-Wan's haircut in TPM is a symbol marking him as a padawan. Notice how the other Padawan's have it.

I think that Sith should stay the same, if not start to look better.  I mean, would you consider vanity to be a characteristic of a Jedi or a Sith?  And with all that raw emotion, the Sith would be more prone to lust than a Jedi.  Love is a quality that can be on both sides, but for the Sith, one would expect it to be more carnal in nature.  Thus, a Sith might care more about what's on the outside than what's on the inside.  Also, why should a Sith have to sacrifice his or her appearance to gain power?  Sacrifice is a Jedi ideal.

A Jedi can be corrupted more easily if the Dark Side feeds on his/her vanity and makes them look better.

But, in contrast to the Jedi, the Sith destroy beautiful things and don't care.

I think that if a force user's attitude is anti-life and pro-death their living body functions will certainly suffer from that.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I think that Sith should stay the same, if not start to look better.  I mean, would you consider vanity to be a characteristic of a Jedi or a Sith?  And with all that raw emotion, the Sith would be more prone to lust than a Jedi.  Love is a quality that can be on both sides, but for the Sith, one would expect it to be more carnal in nature.  Thus, a Sith might care more about what's on the outside than what's on the inside.  Also, why should a Sith have to sacrifice his or her appearance to gain power?  Sacrifice is a Jedi ideal.

This isn't the Picture of Dorian Grey.

The force is a tradeoff, like winning the lottery. You can pick the quick route and have all the money at once, but it's less money in the long run, or you can get more of it over a long period of time, but you'll be old by the time you have it all.

You can choose the darkside, which provides for immediate power superior to almost anything that the lightside offers-at the cost of one's own life and longevity. Or you can take the lightside route which costs nothing and extends life, but by the time you are as powerful as someone using the darkside, you are basically dead, anyway.

Also of note, if I remember correctly, in the Courthship of Princess Leia the Witches of Darthomir (sp) have purple contusions on their faces from using the dark side of the force, and the female heroine (whose name escapes) starts getting these same blemishes when she uses the force in anger.

Dark Side corrupts the flesh, your body beginning to succumb to the darkness inside of you.

Hence your body decaying (Palpy)

Your flesh... rotting, I suppose (KOTOR2).

Vader looked bad in EpVI because he had survived a near death experience.