The latter half if the game and then ending...

Eji

Oops, that's "The latter half OF the game"... sorry, typo.

Okay, I just finished the game last night, albeit in a very disorganized manner.

I started LS, went DS to kill Vrook (who I've hated since the first game) and then accidentally stayed DS by siding with Vaklu (I thought I was going to get a way to doublecross them :-) therefore killing Kavar ( :devil: )... then attempted to go LS again, but am not sure whether I actually achieved that at the end.

I had some things I was pondering that I'd like to share with you guys. Some things have been brought up, others might not have...

Questions:

The cutscenes triggered upon entering the Ebon Hawk... are they random for the most part, or triggered by LS/DS shifts, or which planet you're on something? Because I've heard people discussing certain characters talking with each other, and I wasn't able to get those.

-- I never got Atton's "play Pazaak in your head" dialogue... was that if you were LS, or how did people get that?

-- I read a line someone posted here about Atton telling Disciple something to the effect of "I saw her, and I saw her first" but never got that..

Does the ending really change if you're DS or LS? In mine, the Hawk escaped the planet as it broke apart and sailed into the unknown. I have no idea if that was DS or LS because I kept flip-flopping the sides throughout the game.

Gripes/Regrets:

Locked into DS--

I got a bit annoyed that I was forced into a DS path once I sided with Vaklu, and couldn't get an option to back out of the deal. I had mistakenly thought this situation might end up like the double-doublecross event on Korriban in KOTOR, and things went downhill from there. I had intended to agree to Vaklu simply to infiltrate his ranks, but no dice. I didn't want to kill Kavar, but I had no dialogue options to get out of it. It would've been cool if they allowed you the willpower to back out of things or have a change of heart. I mean, how cool would that be to say to Vaklu "oh heh, guess what? I wasn't really siding with you after all!" and then beat him.

the Ending--

Ok, ok, so the "flying off into the unknown" was very ESB, and I get that... but it didn't have to be THAT abrupt. Even in ESB's end, you see who's in the ship and it lingers a bit more.

What was some warped kind of tease though was being able to control Mira and remote, but never seeing the others. I know what probably would have happened (believe me, I know, after editing all that dialogue :devil: ) but in some ways I would've preferred it to be an all or nothing deal... either let me handle all their fates, or leave them all out. You can't do halfsies here.

And the ship... wtf? Ok you get it into minor scuffles and it takes Atton hours to repair, but you get it bashed to hell on Malachor and it flies off in less time, completely repaired?? Even the superficial damage (which looked major in the scene when it falls into the pit) is gone in the scene where it narrowly escapes the green planet explosions.

Kreia and the "fool"--

Ok Kreia, you're a fricking fool. She called Atton this so many times I wanted to rip her head off. Atton obviously isn't a fool, and especially isn't one once he starts trying to make things right again, yet Kreia calls him that even at the end when I wanted to hear her say he loved me. <_< If anyone should've been called a fool, it should've been Disciple, for blindly following me, and yet Kreia doesn't notice this. As Obi-Wan said "who's the more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows him?" Disciple is, dammit.

Observations:

Nihulus--

The whole Darth Nihilus thing reminds me of Darth Maul from EP 1... when he first appeared, everyone was like "ohhh sh*t! He's gonna be bad-ass!" ... and then when he does finally appear before the main characters, he's gone in like 5 min flat. <_<

Atton's redemption--

If you choose him as the leader of the Freedom Nadd team and make him reject those DS pools in the tomb, he has a nice bit of dialogue when you meet him later about the experience. I liked how it seemed he was on the road to conquering his demons, even if it was just a small step.

Carth!--

Hearing Carth tell me about Revan made me love Carth all over again. Even Kreia mentions their sad love at the end. I hope there's some kind of reunion or closure to that in K3. I want them to be happy. :devil:

Hard to turn back--

Anyone else notice how hard it was after a certain point to change your alignment? There were a ton of options in the first half of the game, and then halfway through, I couldn't find enough chances to change it. I wanted to be a LS-aligned Sith Marauder, but couldn't get enough LS chances to do it. :devil:

Oh, and killing Vrook was satisfying. VERY satisfying. That jerk's had it coming... I just wish that I could've killed him and not had to kill the others. :devil:

And the floating lightsabers thing... LMAO... I dunno wtf the developers were on when they made that, but when I saw that, I involuntarily started laughing.

The endings change ever so slightly. In the DS one, Kreia asks you what you will do now. Then you throw her off a cliff. That moment made the whole game worth it... Sorta like killing Carth in the first one...

Also, in the DS, you just look out at the nebulous cloud, instead of flying into it.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Killing Vrook was the only reason I played a darkside game. And it was worth every second. Never enjoyed killing a video character like I enjoyed killing Vrook. Good times! Anyway, you got the LS end, if you have a prior save, maybe try going back before Onderron and redoing the Vaklu/Talia issue.

The endings change ever so slightly. In the DS one, Kreia asks you what you will do now. Then you throw her off a cliff. That moment made the whole game worth it... Sorta like killing Carth in the first one...

Also, in the DS, you just look out at the nebulous cloud, instead of flying into it.

Hmm... perhaps I need to already be heavily DS to trigger that? I'm like one tiny step into the DS red bar, but everytime I try to act cold and tell her to die, she just falls over and dies and I get the LS ending. o:)

Did you kill all of the Jedi on Dantooine? I made the mistake of siding with Talia, but I still killed Kavar on Dantooine (all of the other Jedi were dead, and he confronted me about that).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Did you kill all of the Jedi on Dantooine? I made the mistake of siding with Talia, but I still killed Kavar on Dantooine (all of the other Jedi were dead, and he confronted me about that).

Yeah, I was pretty DS about the whole Dantooine thing... I killed Vrook, and helped Azkul wipe out everyone. heh...

I have a feeling stupid Vrook will have to live if I don't want to kill Kavar.... :)

Also, I used the movie viewer to see the DS ending... wasn't much better... actually had less to it, if that's even possible. o:)

Questions:

-- I never got Atton's "play Pazaak in your head" dialogue... was that if you were LS, or how did people get that?

-- I read a line someone posted here about Atton telling Disciple something to the effect of "I saw her, and I saw her first" but never got that..

-- Atton's "Play Pazaak" line: This occurs after you get Visas and talk to Kreia about how "she did something to my eyes." Kreia will then ask you to hear the ship around you and you'll hear Visas's thoughts about how she "walks upon the ashes of Katarr or whatever." You then have to talk to Kreia again - under the "I want to talk about the Force" option. You'll see an option about hearing their thoughts, but instead of just hearing Visas's thoughts, you'll hear the thoughts of everyone on the ship.

Talk with Kreia about Atton's strange Pazaak playing thoughts and then go ask him about it.

-- Atton and Disciple: I'm not sure what exactly triggers the Atton vs. Disciple conversations. I got a lot of them during a playthrough when I had less influence with Atton (only 1 influence gain), but higher influence with Disciple, which I guess makes sense since it would probably appear to Atton that the exile may perhaps prefer Di over him.

But you have the PC version don't you? You can just listen to the dialogue files manually. That's why I went out and bought the PC version even though I have the Xbox version. Which... now that I think about it... was incredibly stupid since I can't play it on my computer -- I need a new video card. Uh, would you by chance have any suggestions for some inexpensive video cards that would meet the KOTOR 2 requirements?

Anyway yeah, that's all for now.

-- Atton's "Play Pazaak" line: This occurs after you get Visas and talk to Kreia about how "she did something to my eyes." Kreia will then ask you to hear the ship around you and you'll hear Visas's thoughts about how she "walks upon the ashes of Katarr or whatever." You then have to talk to Kreia again - under the "I want to talk about the Force" option. You'll see an option about hearing their thoughts, but instead of just hearing Visas's thoughts, you'll hear the thoughts of everyone on the ship.

Talk with Kreia about Atton's strange Pazaak playing thoughts and then go ask him about it.

I tried that line and she makes me close my eyes, but she keeps telling me about T3 welding on the ship, and then it ends. >_<

-- Atton and Disciple: I'm not sure what exactly triggers the Atton vs. Disciple conversations. I got a lot of them during a playthrough when I had less influence with Atton (only 1 influence gain), but higher influence with Disciple, which I guess makes sense since it would probably appear to Atton that the exile may perhaps prefer Di over him.

Hmm... damn I might have to replay quite a bit to hear that... I always had their influences maxed out, which I guess would make them equal. :(

But you have the PC version don't you? You can just listen to the dialogue files manually. That's why I went out and bought the PC version even though I have the Xbox version. Which... now that I think about it... was incredibly stupid since I can't play it on my computer -- I need a new video card. Uh, would you by chance have any suggestions for some inexpensive video cards that would meet the KOTOR 2 requirements?

Yes, I could easily sift through those files, but there's something more fulfilling about getting it in-game. Can't explain... but seeing Atton say it is more rewarding to me. :wub:

My videocard is an ATI All-in-Wonder 9800, which unfortunately is pricey... you could probably get an NVidia card for cheap though...

My videocard is an ATI All-in-Wonder 9800, which unfortunately is pricey... you could probably get an NVidia card for cheap though...

Heh, NVIDIA is what I have, but it apparently does not meet the requirements.

And hey, yeah... is that your artwork in your siggy?

And hey, yeah... is that your artwork in your siggy?

lol, yeah :">

I drew some kotor stuff during class the other day and decided to scan them:

attonsketches.jpg

attonsketches2.jpg

carthsketches1.jpg

After I finish my major assignments, I was going to try and do 2 short mangas, one about Carth talking about Revan, and the other where Atton dies.

I've only played one game (just finished it yesterday too), Male/LS. Let me say I didn't like this anywhere near as much as KotOR I, but I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt since it was only one combo - thankyou for not letting me have high hopes of a better alternate ending cos I would've really started to feel ripped off otherwise.

LS or DS, you still learn all about the True Sith (who apparently died out long ago, but Obsidian have decided to revive them), so it's fair to assume that the Nebula goes out into open and presumably eventually unknown territory.

I don't think it's a good idea to expand the Star Wars universe outside the Jedi/Sith - Good/Evil thing cos that's what the movies, games (esp. KotOR I) are built on. I'm starting to get imaginations of Evil alien looking True Sith who are just evil.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I should probably start a separate thread, but I'm too lazy... so for anyone interested in my previous art on this thread, I have a page from the Carth manga I was tinkering with. Only pencil at the moment, but it'll look more finished later:

carthmanga1_bw.jpg