KoToR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Could be cool if A Kotor 3 was purely player based triggered meaning.

That as DS side you have to rediscover the Sith and once more create the sith from scrap, working to rebuild the sith and eventually a sith empire.

As LS you have to remake the order of Jedi's having to refind the lost knowlegde seek out possible hidden jedi's maybe you even get to work with Atris(one can hope :D ).

Would be cool If a Kotor 3 was about you sole responsebility to rebuild the galaxy, heal it or size power to create order.

For me that would be gold, actual having to learn and rediscover the force, finding out alot more about it than you already know.

Would in my opion be a nice contrast to the others and also allow alot of room for roleplaying, perhaps even take and train first students.

Personally, I'd like to see KOTOR 3 be a bigger game than either 1 or 2 was. I'd love it if you'd start off as a soldier, scoundral, or scout (or possibly even a fringer or noble). After ten or fifteen levels that way you eventually become a Jedi guardian, sentinel, or consular. Then at about level 30 or so, you finally develop a presitige class.

I can see a plot that starts out running simultaneous to the events in KOTOR 2. Perhaps your character is a gladiator-slave in the arena pits of Gamorr and hears about the Sith attack on Telos but can do nothing to help without first escaping enslavement. By the time you escape, the Sith invasion fleets from beyond the galaxy are invading, and your only recourse is to learn the ways of the force to combat the invasion.

I haven't played KOTORII yet, but I intend to. From what I've read, Bastila only makes one or two brief cameos, which really disappoints me. My character and Bastila had a very intriguing relationship, and ultimately ended up in her declaring her love for Revan. However, this only happened at the very end of KOTOR. After achieving such a landmark in their relationship, it really sucked that the game just ended.

That said, I'd really love it if Bastila was a main character in KOTORIII (preferably voiced by Jennifer Hale again). The relationship between Revan and Bastila was really one of the main reasons that I kept playing KOTOR.

What do you guys think?

What the game needs is more containers.  They got the cool slidey-open-top box but we need more.  They should push the envelope and go for something triangular or - development time permitting - octagonal.

Crates!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i think to much was changed depending in what ending you chose on KOTOR 1. carth is an admiral in KOTOR 2 but i left him on the starforge planet!  <_<  so why not go back to the mandalorian wars?

:blink: You can only leave him on the planet if you go Darksided in the ending...and Carth only shows up in KOTOR2 if you chose "Lightside" for Revan in KOTOR1. I think you just chose incorrectly at the beginning of KOTOR2.

Personally I think if the KOTOR series was to end in a trilogy, it wouldn't be such a bad thing, seeing as it would stick with the Starwars tradition of always being done in trilogys.

Of course Obsidian would have to come up with an epic story that kicked ass out of KOTOR 1 & 2. The graphics must be dealt with though, so hopefully they have a new engine running it. Though if this is the last in the KOTOR series it may kinda have to do with the destruction of the Sith, because for those who have seen the starwars movies will know that the Jedi Council mentions that the Sith haven't been seen for thousands of years till Darth Maul.

Now I haven't played KOTOR 2 yet, though I do plan to, I've heard that its ending was kinda anti-climatic, but doesn't most penultimate shows end with a cliff-hanger, look at Halo 2 for example or possibly Star Wars Episode 5 in a way.

Character-wise, perhaps they should allow you to play as either Revan or the Exile, preferably Revan, and the Exile as a NPC, maybe, because theres just something about Revan's character that could lend itself to the destruction of the Sith. Also during Kotor1 I'm one of those fans who was hooked on the game due to many reasons, the love story included. Playing from a male's point of view I couldn't wait to see how the relationship between Bastila and Revan would end up. Though in the end I was disappointed, sure Bastila admitted her love for Revan but the last thing Bastila ever said to Revan was 'Good Luck my love...and may the force be with you'. I mean what kinda ending was that!!! In KOTOR 3 they should have the two back together, now I don't mean they have to defy the Jedi Council et al Anakin and Padme. But if the Sith did fall in the end perhaps Revan and Bastila leave the Order, which the Jedi don't exactly accept which explains why in the movies they don't talk bout them.

That's another reason to have Revan as a PC as the Exile's relationship with others in a word, sucked. I've said this elsewhere in the forums, Obsidian the reason why Revan's and Bastila's relationship worked was because it was old-fashioned romance and not, all this 'naked' fighting and Force sex crap in KOTOR2(well thats what I've heard happens in KOTOR2).

And one thing does anyone know if Obsidian staff truely read these forums?????

Im all for being able to go back and forth from Revan, Exile and whoever (if there is) the new character is. :D It would let the game be long and you could complete the story line from multiple points of view rather than just one. Like seeing and playing out (for example, i dont know much about SW history) Revan plot against the republic as another character plots to destroy the sith. I dont know how well that would work out but it would be fun :D

I want some form of closure on Revan and Exile. If LS Male Revan dies, then Bastila MUST die with him, because they are destined to be together FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that, I think that having a say in rebuilding the Jedi as LS would be cool, especially with every main character being the canonical LS.

They need to make a game where you're a Jedi Master on the council, and have to make huge decisions that affect the entire game... Even if it's just one of the 'Day in the Life' games, that would be pretty cool... Maybe I'll make something like that one day when I have free time...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

i'd love to see the script as follows:

you start off as a stih soldier or something of this nature. in the beginning it's the reverse of kotor1 where you are either on a ship or have to land with a sith invasion party or something of that sort.

of course, you'd be confronted with the sith atrocities and be forced to turn from the dark side or continue down it to the eventual battle with the reigning Sith Lord for the ultimate dark side mastery.

since the dark side grants unimaginable power, you should make this more evident too, but balance it out by spawning more jedi to attack you and more often throughout the game.

either way, i think its an interesting story line... on the run from the sith? on the run from the jedi? the jedi council might use a fallen sith warrior but would they ever really accept you? who will help you? who would rather see you burn? imagine all the possibilities.

I would like something like that, but not as Kotor III. Perhaps after III resolves the plot, they could make a Kotor Universe series, where you can play as different roles: Mandalorian soldier, Dark Jedi under Revan, Soldier during the Civil War.

I think that FPS would probably be better than an RPG format for such things, though.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

And have no character creation? NO.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think Kotor 2 should be about making out and stuff, since alot of people seem really preoccupied with romances. Also there should be alot of different clothes that you can wear to attract people to make out with, since so many people have an obsession with that as well. Don't forget about hoods going up and down, because thats the hallmark of being a jedi, not the lightsaber or force powers.

• Like 1

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think Kotor 2 should be about making out and stuff, since alot of people seem really preoccupied with romances. Also there should be alot of different clothes that you can wear to attract people to make out with, since so many people have an obsession with that as well. Don't forget about hoods going up and down, because thats the hallmark of being a jedi, not the lightsaber or force powers.

Hahahaha... :geek:

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

:thumbsup:

Have any of you Ever even Played a real RPG such as the Starwars edition in which you can be more than just A jedi. I say down with the Jedi and sith make A game where the main character can't be a jedi or sith but rather some other form of Warrior and then branch it off from there such as if they choose to be a Scoundrel the prestige classes would be different than if someone chose to be a soldier. now I know everyone will get all huffy about no jedi or sith but during a glich in KOTOR 2 I ended up beating the game with mira the bounty hunter pretty cool huh! and who says you can't have party members that aren't jedi. in KOTOR 2 you had some missions where you could not play as the main character. this I find to be rather fun and it gives the Player some CHange in the fact tyhat they come to realize different things about their party members and get to know them personaly like Joe smoe wants to know if you can stop off at Tatooine because he Has buisnes with a hutt and he feels that the presence of your character may make him angry. you may choose other characters but not the main one because he'll have a negitive affect on the mission. now on to another interesting point. in the star wars RPG you can choose what Species you are which may be fun if you were a wookie who could break into a wookie rage rather than meeting a wookie or having him join your party you get to be the wookie name him and build him to your liking rather than having an alignment chosen for you. in the RPg which my freinds An i have recently Started playing I am A wookie Named Rookwarrok and he is a Jedi Gaurdian at level 5 he's quite good at this level and has many Species Bonus skills and feats Humans don't get. along with choosing your own species you may happen to start in different locations with different missions to get off the planet. Ex. Wookie starts on Kashyyk and he must gain enough prestige to be the Tribes Spokes person on Some other planet. courescant amy be added also who wouldn't like to go there of all places we've been in the past games its time to hit the Capitol City for once.

Have any of you Ever even Played a real RPG such as the Starwars edition in which you can be more than just A jedi. I say down with the Jedi and sith make A game where the main character can't be a jedi or sith but rather some other form of Warrior and then branch it off from there such as if they choose to be a Scoundrel the prestige classes would be different than if someone chose to be a soldier. now I know everyone will get all huffy about no jedi or sith but during a glich in KOTOR 2 I ended up beating the game with mira the bounty hunter pretty cool huh! and who says you can't have party members that aren't jedi. in KOTOR 2 you had some missions where you could not play as the main character. this I find to be rather fun and it gives the Player some CHange in the fact tyhat they come to realize different things about their party members and get to know them personaly like Joe smoe wants to know if you can stop off at Tatooine because he Has buisnes with a hutt and he feels that the presence of your character may make him angry. you may choose other characters but not the main one because he'll have a negitive affect on the mission. now on to another interesting point. in the star wars RPG you can choose what Species you are which may be fun if you were a wookie who could break into a wookie rage rather than meeting a wookie or having him join your party you get to be the wookie name him and build him to your liking rather than having an alignment chosen for you. in the RPg which my freinds An i have recently Started playing I am A wookie Named Rookwarrok and he is a Jedi Gaurdian at level 5 he's quite good at this level and has many Species Bonus skills and feats Humans don't get. along with choosing your own species you may happen to start in different locations with different missions to get off the planet. Ex. Wookie starts on Kashyyk and he must gain enough prestige to be the Tribes Spokes person on Some other planet. courescant amy be added also who wouldn't like to go there of all places we've been in the past games its time to hit the Capitol City for once.

Gah! Too much text at once! Eyes hurt :-

If you take away the Jedi (well, and the Sith), what interest is there in the Star Wars setting? Really? Ergo, it makes sense for the PC to be one, otherwise he'll ultimately just be in other characters' shadows.

Hello all.

I see u looking ideas for kotor III .

Well action could be placed during mandalorian war, or civil war some step back.

But I have some different idea. An idea to place action 100 years after kotor II, such solution will eliminate thinks like what happen to exile, etc. He, she just died cuz was too old :D .

Main character. It is strange idea, but main character should be an android, but not a simple 1 . An android created by ancient race, an android who looks like normal human.

Machine created to conquer world's, machine created with use of force. In this android instad of electricity, flowing force. That's why he, she, or it can use force and use it much more effective than any greatest jedi or, sith.

A story. Well the old race of conquerors after centuries returns. They saw an opportunity to strike down republic and sith. And their leader is an androind simlar to our character, but more powerfull, cuz our android lies deep underground in deep dream, buriedby his, her own creators.

And after centuries recovered by sith archaeologists. Sith think that he, she is only grave rober, but he, she dont remember nothing, only some scraps of memory like revan's visions in kotor I.

The think is that world's are dying (thair are destroing but this uknown army), there are nearly panic on rest of the world's cuz nobody know's what hit them. Republic acusing sith etc.

And ur journey begin in sith jail, as man for traing. Ur force is much stronger than any sith so when some young sith trying to test his force on U, the lighting just strike him back and killing him... U can continue story if u want. I made it up in 10 minutes.

O 1 more thing u will start as a sith slave ofcource, and U dont even know who u are, (maybe some great force damage memory bank :D ) . So u start like in kotor 1, scout, soldier, or something else.

Well maybe its stupid idea with this android, but i think its quite orginal.

cya all.