Mandalorian Wars

Sorry if this has been said already but I had to show it my way.

Revan went out to fight the Mandalorians and on the way found Malacor V. He found the Trayus Academy and with it the secrets of the True Sith. He then needed to go darkside so he could unite the republic in one giant fleet against the iminant attack.

Malak is not told about this because Revan does not want it to get out what is coming, so he does not tell his pupil. Malak being a power hungry freak attacks his master's ship. This nearly spells disaster for the Galaxy but he is saved by Bastila. Then KOTOR I happens..........

Revan then goes again to the Sith planets looking for any reminance of them while on Korriban he finds some things about the True Sith, he then checks out Malacor again and finds what he found before. He knows that nobody he cares forcan come with him as he needs to have a clear mind for the fight ahead. (I think he is slowing down the True Sith assault on the Republic. He then finds his best general from the Manadlorian Wars and fills him in on what is happening. So Exile needs to reconnet to the force in order to help Revan.) KOTOR II happens...........

Exile takes survivors from Malacor back to Telos academy. He then embarks on a journey to meet Revan ( found where he was from Malacor??). Then KOTOR III.

This is how i see KOTOR III going..... We are a padawan on one of the core worlds or even on Dantooine. 5-10 years after KOTOR II Republic is stable again and there are Jedi in the galaxy then Revan and Exile return and it all kicks off!!!!!

THE TRUE SITH WARS.

Sorry it is a bit off topic but i got a little bit carried away hope you enjoyed reading it though :p

Speaking of Nihilus: on one hand he was able to annihilate the life of an entire planet (the Miraluka planet, forgot the name) which means his power must be really fearsome. On the other hand he could not even snuff two simple Jedi (Exile and Visas). That's a bit of a contradiction.

Apart from that I found Kreia's explanation regarding the dangers of the Force depletion techniques rather convincing.

What I took that to mean was that devouring the life on a planet took days, maybe weeks of effort and meditation, and furthermore that he is pretty weak physically and in his lightsaber training, but give him time to use the force and hes nearly unstoppable.

Plus, Exile doesn't have the average connection between his Life Force and the Force, because he's minus the Force element...

Hey, we've got a theme of "P's"... Prodigy, Paradox... I wonder if in Kotor III we'll get to be a Person :- ?

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

This is how i see KOTOR III going..... We are a padawan on one of the core worlds or even on Dantooine. 5-10 years after KOTOR II Republic is stable again and there are Jedi in the galaxy then Revan and Exile return and it all kicks off!!!!!

THE TRUE SITH WARS.

Sorry it is a bit off topic but i got a little bit carried away hope you enjoyed reading it though :blink:

Yes the Great Hyperspace War (that happened about 1000 years before KotOR take place) ... its great idea!

As we are at it lets also have a cancellor that takes control of the Republic, declares himself Emperor and builds a weapon able to destroy planets ...

drakron.png

Love the sarcasm cheers for that. If you think about it though there is a good chance of what i have said happening because of what characters have said throughout both games. So stop your bitchin'. Oh by the way good idea about the chancellor who takes control of the Sith and has a weapon capable of detroying worlds, very original!!!!! :lol:

I'm going to say one thing. DUH! The Sith's whole goal is power, and their hunger for it! Palpatine wasn't a True Sith, he was part of an order of convoluted Fools that thought the Force was a limited resource, and should only be used by 2 people to preserve it in the Future.

As for the Canderous thing: I've already said this, but people NEVER listen to me...  :wub:

Who's to say that Palpatine is not a True Sith. Sometimes you mustn't get the EU and OT/PT confused, they are totally different. Palpatine in the EU might not be considered a true Sith because of the "Sith Species" that was extinct but he might be in the movies.

And as for the Canderous thing, I said it first looooong time ago :lol:"

No, in KotOR 1, there was no hint that the True Sith still existed. Canderous was refering to the Known Sith because how's he supposed to the difference between the two? I imagine there are a few differences in appearance between the Sith that "tricked" them and the Neo-Sith, but Mandalore probably didn't think anything of it. "You know they all look alike." lol.

Who's to say that the Sith that came to Canderous were not the True Sith. Canderous says that these Sith that came to him with the offer retreated back to their Empire and sealed themselves off but he got confused with Revan and Malak coming back as the Sith as he says that he thought it would have been longer before they came back... actually I think he was right because they will reveal themselves in K3. And listen to what Carth has to say on Citadel Station when he meets the Exile, he says that Revan believes that something was behind the Mandalorian War and it was not the Mandalorians choice to attack and that he went to stop it. This now ties together the facts that it had to be the True Sith that came to the Mandalorians.

The Sith never came to Candy Man, they came to the current Mandalore...

As for the Sidious thing: Sidious' Sith Order was reconstructed to be stealth, and to preserve the Dark Side, which in itself is flawed.

They took out the whole principle to being a Sith, and made them an Order of cowards... :wub:

The Ancient Sith were much more powerful, because techniques were new, and not yet forbidden.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Yeah, that's what I meant. One usually assumes that when an Order comes to another, they speak with the leader.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

No, in KotOR 1, there was no hint that the True Sith still existed. Canderous was refering to the Known Sith because how's he supposed to the difference between the two? I imagine there are a few differences in appearance between the Sith that "tricked" them and the Neo-Sith, but Mandalore probably didn't think anything of it. "You know they all look alike." lol.

Who's to say that the Sith that came to Canderous were not the True Sith. Canderous says that these Sith that came to him with the offer retreated back to their Empire and sealed themselves off but he got confused with Revan and Malak coming back as the Sith as he says that he thought it would have been longer before they came back... actually I think he was right because they will reveal themselves in K3. And listen to what Carth has to say on Citadel Station when he meets the Exile, he says that Revan believes that something was behind the Mandalorian War and it was not the Mandalorians choice to attack and that he went to stop it. This now ties together the facts that it had to be the True Sith that came to the Mandalorians.

What you don't understand is that we're in agreement. What I was trying to say was that Canderous didn't know that the Sith that "came to then with an offer" was indeed the True Sith. The reason why I mentione that was because some other members seemed to think that the Sith that Canderous mentioned in KotOR 1, was the True Sith. Canderous mentioned "the Sith" not knowing that he was actually talking about The True Sith. And yes, I remember what Carth said on the Citadel Station.

And what Canderous was talking about when he said, "I though it would have been longer before they came back" he was refering to the Known Sith. Because after "the last Sith War" with Exar Kun, the Known Sith were somewhat dormante. What he meant was that he thought it would have been longer before the Known Sith became a threat again. I hope that is post a little easy to understand than the last one, especially considering that we seem to be argueing over something we seem to agree on.

What you don't understand is that we're in agreement. What I was trying to say was that Canderous didn't know that the Sith that "came to then with an offer" was indeed the True Sith. The reason why I mentione that was because some other members seemed to think that the Sith that Canderous mentioned in KotOR 1, was the True Sith. Canderous mentioned "the Sith" not knowing that he was actually talking about The True Sith. And yes, I remember what Carth said on the Citadel Station.

And what Canderous was talking about when he said, "I though it would have been longer before they came back" he was refering to the Known Sith. Because after "the last Sith War" with Exar Kun, the Known Sith were somewhat dormante. What he meant was that he thought it would have been longer before the Known Sith became a threat again. I hope that is post a little easy to understand than the last one, especially considering that we seem to be argueing over something we seem to agree on.

Ok, I understand now. :huh:

I read to the bit about the "True" Sith, and got irritated, so I decided to write this and skip the remaining 5 pages in the thread...

As far as I can tell, there are (according to Kotor 1 and 2) there are 2 kinds of Sith -

The "True-Sith" - A species that has evolved using the Dark Side to assist with evolution and conquest, and have been doing so for possibly hundreds of thousands of years.

The "Jedi-Sith" - Fallen Jedi that abandon the Light Side and begin abusing the Force for personal gain, power, etc, etc.

Now, the Rakatan race in the original KotOR, being possibly influenced by the "True-Sith", or perhaps have even been subjugated by the "True-Sith" before, decided to use the Dark Side in the same way, conquering most of the Galaxy. In doing so, they left several Trofies on several of there favorite planets, these Trofies being the Starmaps. The Dark Side being ultimatly self-destructive led to the destruction of the Rakatan Empire and (almost) everything they had built. The Starmaps, being severly damaged after the Collapse were lost, but thanks to the advanced technology the Rakatans used, they would slowly rebuild themselves over the course of millenia.

The "Jedi-Sith" Empire was founded by renegade Jedi. They owned a small area of the galaxy and made their Capital Planet Korriban. While on Korriban, they discovered the Rakatan Starmap. Not knowing what it did, Naga Sadow took it as a trofy and had it placed in his Tomb when he died.

The Rakatans discovered Korriban and found to be a barren and desolate world, but since it was powerfully tainted the the Dark Side they stayed and left a Starmap there. The Rakatans were unaware that Korriban had once belonged to the "True-Sith" Empire but had been abandoned/left/unused by the "True-Sith" Empire several thousand years previously.

The "True-Sith" have had an Empire for hundereds and thousands of years. Korriban, Malachor 5 and Dantooine were on the extreme edge of the space they controlled, but because of some reason or another Dantooine and Korriban were either abandoned by them or taken forcibly by the Rakatan. The Trayus core, being an outpost and beacon for the "True-Sith", had then "up-to-date" records of known space and teaching methods, including information of the Rakatan Empire and the Rakatan occupation of several of the "True-Sith"s abandoned planets (Korriban and Dantooine among others). They later abandoned Malachor 5 aswell.

Revan, ignoring the will of the Jedi council went to war with Malak and those that wanted to come with. While leading the Republic fleet Revan made a plan that could change the direction of the war in a single battle, and after learning that Malachor 5 was taboo to the Mandalorians, decided to visit the planet and check it out. The first thing Revan noticed when he stepped on to the barren, rocky landscape was the taint of the Dark Side. After possibly a few weeks searching Revan found the abandoned Trayus Academy and Core. As Revan was still loyal to the light side at this point he/she decided to explore the Academy and find the source of the taint. He/she stumbled upon the Trayus Core. After a little more searching, he/she found the Academy's Library and Data stores. Revan, intregued by the wealth of information he found spent several days there absorbing as much information about this elusive "True-Sith" Empire. It was here he learned that the Madalorian War was a cover, an attempt to destabilise the galaxy enough to make conquest as easy for them as possible. The "True-Sith" were planning on destroying the Republic and placing the entire galaxy in chains. He felt that it was his responsibility to protect the galaxy and searched through the Trayus Library for anything that could help him. He stumbled apon information about the Rakatan Empire and there crowning glory, the Star Forge. He didn't know what is was, but any help was better than none. He learned from the decaying records that the Rakatan Trofy Worlds held the maps to the Star Forge, but the records were so badly decayed he only managed to get the coordinates to one of them. It turned out to be Dantooine. He had learned from the records that the Rakatan Empire used the Dark Side of the Force and he remembered that close by the Jedi Academy was an Ancient Ruin that eminated the Dark Side taint. He traveled there together with Malak and found the Star Map. Revan knew that he may fall to the Dark Side during his crusade but he believed the coming invasion by the "True-Sith" would bring more destuction in a few months than he ever could in his lifetime. It was a risk he was willing to take. From the Dantooine Star-map, he learned the locations of the remaining Star-Maps and found the Star Forge. He recognised that the Star-Forge was a massive factory that could help him repel the "True-Sith" invasion, but he only had the reminents of the republic fleet to man the ships the Star Forge was crurning out. He didn't have the forces required. He turned the Star-Forge on and left it running while he took care of the Mandolorians. He resoned that he would need as many Jedi as possible to win the impending war against the "True-Sith", but only Jedi that would be willing to die for him. He set up the Ambush at Malachor 5 and the Mass Shadow Generator made. The combination of the Dark Side taint of the Trayus Core and the Massive slaughter of both Mandalorians and Republic Soldiers alike, those that were strong enough were turned to the Dark Side. The rest died (Except the Exile). Revan was now "Jedi-Sith." He still believed that the impending invasion was priority No.1, but the Republic was weak and broken, even though the Mandalorian threat has been eliminated, they has still done what they were supposed to do, soften the republic. Revan knew this and saw that the republic would not recover quickly enough, so he decided to take control over it, to solidify it and prepare for the invasion. He took the remains of his converted armada to the Star Forge, placed them in new ships and started to take the republic over. Those that didn't surrender willingly were made to surrender. He founded the Sith Academy on Korriban to train effective warriors for the coming storm. He knew he had fallen by now, he had known since Malachor, and his new philosofy on the coming war was to "fight fire with fire", "Jedi-Sith" against "True-Sith", it was there only chance he thought. He was then captured by the Jedi and had his memory erased. Unknowing of impending the "True-Sith" invasion, Malak was a true beliver in the "Jedi-Sith" way, and used the armada for personal conquest. He wanted to control th Galaxy. Where Revan had thought his fall to the Dark Side as necessary to ultimatly protect the galaxy, Malak revelled in the Dark Side and sought nothing more than destruction for anything that opposed him. Revan, given a second chance removes Malak from power eventually. Remembering new things about his former life, he eventually remembers the "True-Sith" invasion. He leaves the galaxy to try and stop the invasion before it starts, leaving everything behind, he heads into the unknown.

There.

Done.

At last(!) ;)

Many of the connections I've written about here are probably wrong, but this was the impression I got when I completed both games. Hope it helps!

Big blocks of text do not good reading make.

One annoying thing i have seen on these boards is that ppl confuse and intertwine the history of the sith with that of the rakata.

Rakata: force sensitive fish heads who screwed themselves due to warringa nd aggression.

True sith: descendants of interbreeding between first ever group of dark jedi and race called Sith.

Dark jedi/force users are not necessarily sith

As I said, most of it was probably wrong. But this is how I tried to connect the games. It seams almost like Obsidian made the second game in a deliberate attampt to confuse me.

Major Star Wars fans that have read all of the Star Wars books, and read into the offical history of the star wars universe may probably know exactly where every bit of the games fit where, and say it makes perfect sense, but me, that's seen the Star Wars movies like 3 times in my whole life, and picked up KotOR purely because it was an RPG, it DOESN'T.

The first game was excellent, made perfect sense, you were told in detail who everone was, and how they fitted into the story, but the second one doesn't. I picked up KotOR 2 because it was KotOR's sequel, and expected it also to be good. KotOR 2 expects you to know who everyone is, what they did and how they did it.

I'm just saying, make the storylines simpler. If you want to make a complicated storyline, that's also okay, but make sure it's comprehensible (makes sense).

I can understand people not knowing things like the Sith Empire but I cannot understand why people dont use search engines to look for information.

Yes KotOR is self contained and does not rely too much in other products to explain things, I find that TSL is based too much in KotOR (true its a sequel but still) and more in other products to explain itself.

In fact I found amusing (not) that in this game we never face the Sith, we might face Dark Side users with some Sith Knowledge but no Sith (and I dont like the "true Sith" nonsense, is the same saying there are "True Nazis").

I can give you a basic timelime:

http://www.darkhorse.com/zones/starwars/timeline.php

Yes it does not factor KotOR but the Infinite Empire predates the Republic creation anyway and the game says it takes place about 40 (or is it 60?) years after Sith War.

drakron.png

I read to the bit about the "True" Sith, and got irritated, so I decided to write this and skip the remaining 5 pages in the thread...

As far as I can tell, there are (according to Kotor 1 and 2) there are 2 kinds of Sith -

The "True-Sith" - A species that has evolved using the Dark Side to assist with evolution and conquest, and have been doing so for possibly hundreds of thousands of years.

The "Jedi-Sith" - Fallen Jedi that abandon the Light Side and begin abusing the Force for personal gain, power, etc, etc.

Now, the Rakatan race in the original KotOR, being possibly influenced by the "True-Sith", or perhaps have even been subjugated by the "True-Sith" before, decided to use the Dark Side in the same way, conquering most of the Galaxy. In doing so, they left several Trofies on several of there favorite planets, these Trofies being the Starmaps. The Dark Side being ultimatly self-destructive led to the destruction of the Rakatan Empire and (almost) everything they had built. The Starmaps, being severly damaged after the Collapse were lost, but thanks to the advanced technology the Rakatans used, they would slowly rebuild themselves over the course of millenia.

The "Jedi-Sith" Empire was founded by renegade Jedi. They owned a small area of the galaxy and made their Capital Planet Korriban. While on Korriban, they discovered the Rakatan Starmap. Not knowing what it did, Naga Sadow took it as a trofy and had it placed in his Tomb when he died.

The Rakatans discovered Korriban and found to be a barren and desolate world, but since it was powerfully tainted the the Dark Side they stayed and left a Starmap there. The Rakatans were unaware that Korriban had once belonged to the "True-Sith" Empire but had been abandoned/left/unused by the "True-Sith" Empire several thousand years previously.

The "True-Sith" have had an Empire for hundereds and thousands of years. Korriban, Malachor 5 and Dantooine were on the extreme edge of the space they controlled, but because of some reason or another Dantooine and Korriban were either abandoned by them or taken forcibly by the Rakatan. The Trayus core, being an outpost and beacon for the "True-Sith", had then "up-to-date" records of known space and teaching methods, including information of the Rakatan Empire and the Rakatan occupation of several of the "True-Sith"s abandoned planets (Korriban and Dantooine among others). They later abandoned Malachor 5 aswell.

Revan, ignoring the will of the Jedi council went to war with Malak and those that wanted to come with. While leading the Republic fleet Revan made a plan that could change the direction of the war in a single battle, and after learning that Malachor 5 was taboo to the Mandalorians, decided to visit the planet and check it out. The first thing Revan noticed when he stepped on to the barren, rocky landscape was the taint of the Dark Side. After possibly a few weeks searching Revan found the abandoned Trayus Academy and Core. As Revan was still loyal to the light side at this point he/she decided to explore the Academy and find the source of the taint. He/she stumbled upon the Trayus Core. After a little more searching, he/she found the Academy's Library and Data stores. Revan, intregued by the wealth of information he found spent several days there absorbing as much information about this elusive "True-Sith" Empire. It was here he learned that the Madalorian War was a cover, an attempt to destabilise the galaxy enough to make conquest as easy for them as possible. The "True-Sith" were planning on destroying the Republic and placing the entire galaxy in chains. He felt that it was his responsibility to protect the galaxy and searched through the Trayus Library for anything that could help him. He stumbled apon information about the Rakatan Empire and there crowning glory, the Star Forge. He didn't know what is was, but any help was better than none. He learned from the decaying records that the Rakatan Trofy Worlds held the maps to the Star Forge, but the records were so badly decayed he only managed to get the coordinates to one of them. It turned out to be Dantooine. He had learned from the records that the Rakatan Empire used the Dark Side of the Force and he remembered that close by the Jedi Academy was an Ancient Ruin that eminated the Dark Side taint. He traveled there together with Malak and found the Star Map. Revan knew that he may fall to the Dark Side during his crusade but he believed the coming invasion by the "True-Sith" would bring more destuction in a few months than he ever could in his lifetime. It was a risk he was willing to take. From the Dantooine Star-map, he learned the locations of the remaining Star-Maps and found the Star Forge. He recognised that the Star-Forge was a massive factory that could help him repel the "True-Sith" invasion, but he only had the reminents of the republic fleet to man the ships the Star Forge was crurning out. He didn't have the forces required. He turned the Star-Forge on and left it running while he took care of the Mandolorians. He resoned that he would need as many Jedi as possible to win the impending war against the "True-Sith", but only Jedi that would be willing to die for him. He set up the Ambush at Malachor 5 and the Mass Shadow Generator made. The combination of the Dark Side taint of the Trayus Core and the Massive slaughter of both Mandalorians and Republic Soldiers alike, those that were strong enough were turned to the Dark Side. The rest died (Except the Exile). Revan was now "Jedi-Sith." He still believed that the impending invasion was priority No.1, but the Republic was weak and broken, even though the Mandalorian threat has been eliminated, they has still done what they were supposed to do, soften the republic. Revan knew this and saw that the republic would not recover quickly enough, so he decided to take control over it, to solidify it and prepare for the invasion. He took the remains of his converted armada to the Star Forge, placed them in new ships and started to take the republic over. Those that didn't surrender willingly were made to surrender. He founded the Sith Academy on Korriban to train effective warriors for the coming storm. He knew he had fallen by now, he had known since Malachor, and his new philosofy on the coming war was to "fight fire with fire", "Jedi-Sith" against "True-Sith", it was there only chance he thought. He was then captured by the Jedi and had his memory erased. Unknowing of impending the "True-Sith" invasion, Malak was a true beliver in the "Jedi-Sith" way, and used the armada for personal conquest. He wanted to control th Galaxy. Where Revan had thought his fall to the Dark Side as necessary to ultimatly protect the galaxy, Malak revelled in the Dark Side and sought nothing more than destruction for anything that opposed him. Revan, given a second chance removes Malak from power eventually. Remembering new things about his former life, he eventually remembers the "True-Sith" invasion. He leaves the galaxy to try and stop the invasion before it starts, leaving everything behind, he heads into the unknown.

There.

Done.

At last(!) ;)

Many of the connections I've written about here are probably wrong, but this was the impression I got when I completed both games. Hope it helps!

Wrong!

The Rakata were NEVER ruled by anything else. They ruled the Sith Species. The whole timeline doesn't even cover hundreds of thousands of years, so the Sith Species were still primitive during the time of the Rakata. The 'True Sith' are things ONLY involved in Golden Age of the Sith and Kotor. Nowhere does it say that they are the species, but this is a high possibility.

Please read the timline that I posted if not the other one on the one link. The Rakatan Empire lived LONG before the Republic, and were the FIRST to use the DS with technology. No external influences from the Species. The next time people did this was 17 thousand years LATER (Dark Lords).

Why do people say the Rakata were ruled by the Sith? The Sith Empire was in power LOOOOONG after the Rakata...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

• 2 weeks later...

I know that now, read the posts I wrote later. I've been reading the Comics and the whole history makes a lot more sense now. I know that the Infinte Empire (Rakatans) exsisted 5 000 years before the Republic was founded, and that the Golden age of the Sith came after.

1000 years before the first KotOR - The Great Hyperspace Wars was when the Sith Empire tried to take over the Republic the first time and were repelled.

The Sith were actually a species, and after the renegade Jedi were exiled, they found this world where a primitive species (The Sith) treated them as gods. The Jedi named themselves Dark Lords of the Sith. After many years the two peoples became one, but there were several differant castes - A Jedi and Sith mix (Ludo Kreesh for instance) , those that bore the true blood of the Jedi (Naga Sadow) to name just two of them (There was also the Massassi and the Slaves)

As far as I can tell, before the Hyperspace wars the Sith were a species, but after also bacame the name of an Ideal, a way of life, the domination of the weak by the strong, evolution, competition and all that.

I've just read up to The Saga of Nomi Sunrider, so I've got a bit to go, but it really makes more sense now. I didn't know that the Sith were a species to begin with for example.

• 1 month later...
KotOR 2: Turns out the True Sith are still alive (I've got a picture of weird looking aliens coming up...), and goes fully literal on Obi Wan and says that the Force holds and binds the galaxy together, and that Malachor V has damaged it. Sounds like those "holes in the fabric Space-Time" stuff you here in sci-fi.

)

i would imagine the true sith look the same as humans only with maybe slight differences

they are probably humanoid anyway

• 3 weeks later...

The "True Sith" don't necessarily have to be Blood Sith. They could be Dark Jedi (the upper class in the Golden Age hierarchy) that were sneaky enough to not even fight in the first place.

Just keeping an open mind. :rolleyes:

Geekified Star Wars Geek