1/3 load Bug, problem with the suggested fix

I'm experiencing the 1/3 bug, btw I have an ATI graphic card and catalist drivers.

Although there is no dll file like the one mentioned in my system32 folder and eventhough I saw some people saying that they found the file in their cd burner folder, so did I, and although I deleted it, nothing happends and the bug still occurs, any idea?

Had the same problem, did the same stuff. Deleting the DLL didn't work, I finally just loaded an earlier save. (You DO save every other second, right? ;))

Yeah but I did two saves when I was in the cave in Korriban and there is an autosave from when I exited the academy, both of the saves (regular and quick) have the 1/3 bug problem and for the autosave - it just loading, finish the loading and crashes into desktop and remains with the game's brightness, so a save before that is two planets ago or rather two days ago, in nar shadda.

So loading from there will be like starting the game all over again and I don't want that because if you know what is gonna happen then it isn't fun anymore, and you don't want to play more (atleast not me).

So if someone had this problem and didn't find the file, although fixed the problem, please write here how you did it, also if someone can help me with my autosave problem, please do.

this bug does not have anything at all to do with your graphics card. this problem is due to CHOICES you have done prior in the game. i have tested this. i had this problem on my machine, i had luckily a save that worked just prior to the problem, i took that save to a friend, which had been runing kotorII without any problems at all as a light side char, (i whent darkside). he loaded the save game fine, but as soon as he changed zone, he encounterd the exact same thing i did, his old save games where just fine.

this bug does not have anything at all to do with your graphics card. this problem is due to CHOICES you have done prior in the game. i have tested this. i had this problem on my machine, i had luckily a save that worked just prior to the problem, i took that save to a friend, which had been runing kotorII without any problems at all as a light side char, (i whent darkside). he loaded the save game fine, but as soon as he changed zone, he encounterd the exact same thing i did, his old save games where just fine.

I tried my save over a friend and it didn't work, I just want to make the game work, if you have someway people, please.

Do you think that the up-coming patch will allow me to play this save again?

i dont think its gonna work without the patch

Just today i borowed a friends nVidia to see if i could overcome the problem (i have ATI) but no luck...

The only thing left for me is to wait for the patch... I hope they release it soon... i'm tired of waiting

i dont think its gonna work without the patch

Just today i borowed a friends nVidia to see if i could overcome the problem (i have ATI) but no luck...

The only thing left for me is to wait for the patch... I hope they release it soon... i'm tired of waiting

Yes, it's not an issue solely with Ati.. so please people--get a ****in' life and stop saying "there's no hope for you ati people" or "man your video card sucks get nvidia!" it's a bug--I garauntee that point. I'll be the first to report back that it's worked when the patch is released, and if I must eat my words.. I will do so then, but not a second sooner.

Waiting for the all mighty patch..

Driver version??I crashed with4.11&5.2 cats so i went back to 5.1 had no problems then with ctds anymore.I wonder if you guys arent downloading bad/corrupt drivers.See i get mine from an older ati site.

Whats really bad is i ran kotor 1 unpatched just 2 weeks prior to k2 release ran fine just had only 1 crash.