KOTOR2 too short for my taste.

Although, the game is great, it's too short. Less planets than the first part. I have finished the game in single day. By the way, in Iziz spaceport there are 2 bugs. One with TSF bounty, another in cantina at swoop racing. You should put more planets and more quests.

It would be great if youc could to create Morrowind like StarWars. And one more thing. Next time, when you are creating SW game, put an option to manual control of combat ( LIKE JEDI ACADEMY). So the players can choose rpg style or 1st(3rd) person fight(like jedi academy). Keep up a good work.

Naah, if you enjoy the game process itself, and not a munchkin, you will enjoy KOTOR2, and it won't be short.

Even the shortest games can be stretched far. You do things like collecting items, doing quests in strange ways, just fooling around the cities, search for some secret places and stuff like that.

Then, you can just play it again after the first walkthru.

Yeah you can't say it's too short if you comlete it too fast.

It's true there SEEMS to be less quests and stuff to do, but still I managed to spend 7 hours more on TSL than I did with KotOR.

So if people on average use more then 30 hours on this game, not even counting additional playthroughs, it's a lot more to play then the standard 10 hours that most of the games take to complete.

And this is an RPG, if you wan't to have a manual controlled battle, play an FPS. Or deus ex invisible war... which sucks.

Meh. The game's length was fine. It took me about 40 hours to complete which was about the same as KOTOR1. :)

"Naah, if you enjoy the game process itself, and not a munchkin"

What a foolish comment. KOTOR2 is a munchkin's wet deam.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What a foolish comment. KOTOR2 is a munchkin's wet deam.

I should seek therapy, seeing as how I'm finding myself agreeing with Volourn and Di...

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

I never said that game is bad... The game is great, BUT....

1st: They should add option to control the fight like in jedi academy.

2nd: Why main character can't have hood on?

3rd: More planets to explore, that character can progress much in exp.

4th:Why allways from the beggining of the game we must save the republic

5th: More space fight

6th: If possible, OBSIDIAN should try to create a game with storyline like Morrowind. Imagine Morrowind Starwars. Do what u want, nonlinear, possibility to explore the space.

7th: Why not controling the space ship like in Freelancer or Xwing vs.Tie fighter.

This is not a critic. But only a questions to make the game better.

That's all.

I never said that game is bad... The game is great, BUT....

1st: They should add option to control the fight like in jedi academy.

2nd: Why main character can't have hood on?

3rd: More planets to explore, that character can progress much in exp.

4th:Why allways from the beggining of the game we must save the republic

5th: More space fight

6th: If possible, OBSIDIAN should try to create a game with storyline like Morrowind. Imagine Morrowind Starwars. Do what u want, nonlinear, possibility to explore the space.

7th: Why not controling the space ship like in Freelancer or Xwing vs.Tie fighter.

This is not a critic. But only a questions to make the game better.

That's all.

1: i don't agree there, Jedi Academy was ruined because the Saber fights were too unrealistic. (as in, it was never a saber duel, it was more of a contest......who can slash to kill first? type of contest)

2: It would be a cool feature if you could put the hood on or off

3: Well, since Kotor II has a limit of 50 levels and there are enough feats and force powers for it, but the droids don't have enough feats for 50 levels, so you would get stuck early on, but i agree that there should be more planets, but to get past the feat limits, you could add the ability to skip adding a feat if you have no more left (losing the feat you skip) or have the game detect if you ran out of feats and regardless of if you get a feat on a level, it won't give you one.

4: i think there should be more open-ended gameplay, instead of instantly needing to save something.......you could say do your own thing, you know, swoop-racing, bounty hunting (good and bad bounty hunting) and other stuff like that.

5: If you want space fights, play a Space Sim (Freelancer, Tie Fighter, X-Wing alliance, Starlancer. etc.

6: Well, considering i thought morrowind was utter trash, i don't agree, if Kotor III was virtually like Morrowind, i doubt many people would play it....since you had trouble fighting from the start. (which i like to do)

7: This is a 3rd Person RPG, not a space sim....even though i miss a decent space sim, Kotor turned space sim, would kinda kill it, if that makes sense.....besides, if you want a Freelancer style starwars game, play the Starwars Mod for Freelancer.

It would be great if youc could to create Morrowind like StarWars. And one more thing. Next time, when you are creating SW game, put an option to manual control of combat ( LIKE JEDI ACADEMY). So the players can choose rpg style or 1st(3rd)  person fight(like jedi academy). Keep up a good work.

WTF is this meant to mean? "It would be great if youc could to create Morrowind like StarWars"

Oh and third and first person combat? Anyone subjected to V:TMB's 3rd and 1st person combat should shudder in horror at the thought of this.

Personally I do think it is ridiculously short (took about 18hours for a fairly indepth 1st completion - got almost all quests completed but missed a lot of party dialogue!) The ending is also very weak... but my biggest gripes involve the two dimensional targeting system which often prevents you targeting the enemy you want by positioning a ****ing menu box in the way, and that F*cking Remote!

I never use Bao'dur cos the thing is such a pain, always obscuring the screen when you are trying to see to manoeuvre and always getting selected for a dialogue option when you try to disarm a mine. Even worse you cannot destroy the ****ing thing intentionally or in any way vent your anger against it!

lol fairly indepth at that time? ahah i almost hit 50hrs and i didn't play any pazaak or swoop racing...so thats definately not indepth. I also only died once throughout the whole thing and that was because i was getting complacent since there was very little challenge in the game.

6th: If possible, OBSIDIAN should try to create a game with storyline like Morrowind. Imagine Morrowind Starwars.

That is an absolutely horrible vision. Morrowind is huge, really massive, and the landscaping combined with the weather effects and first person view makes it really immersive for the first few hours. But that's it. Because it took so long to lovingly hand-place so-and-so many cups and knives and whatnot Bethesda ran out of time and so they never got around to actually building a game on this huge map or a working combat/magic/alchemy/mercantile system or quests and so on.

The good part about Morrowind is that it gives you the freedom to invent any game you wish and play it out on this huge map. The bad part is that you have to because there is no game in the box as it ships.

It's always the first person shooter fans who want a Jedi Academy clone with the KOTOR series, isn't it?

I know FPS give an inflated sense of ego to a lot of the younger players... But I have grown to hate them because they are rampant with cheaters and everyone wants to be a "gangsta" because they can hit some pixel that looks like a human head on some virtual battlefield somewhere. Sad...

Although, the game is great, it's too short. Less planets than the first part. I have finished the game in single day. By the way, in Iziz spaceport there are 2 bugs. One with TSF bounty, another in cantina at swoop racing. You should put more planets and more quests.

It would be great if youc could to create Morrowind like StarWars. And one more thing. Next time, when you are creating SW game, put an option to manual control of combat ( LIKE JEDI ACADEMY). So the players can choose rpg style or 1st(3rd)  person fight(like jedi academy). Keep up a good work.

That's the stupidest thing you could do to the game.

You guys are really rushing the game, I did 41 hours LS using no guide or anything and I pretty much got everything there was.

I agree. Last year I played the original KotOR about a dozen times in different ways and also other d20 games (all NWNs, for example), so I already had the game mechanics down pat when I started KotOR ][. But the most important thing that I had learned was that you have only one shot at playing a game for the first time, and so I took the time to 'smell the roses' as they say.

Seeing your reply I was curious how long it had actually taken me, so I loaded the last save (from the fight with the 3 floating thingies that were borrowed from NWN, if you know what I mean): 62h 1m. Oops! Considering that the game was delivered on the 15th and I did not get around to installing it until the 17th... The save in question was made on the 23rd. :">

I used to rush through games, but I have learned my lesson and take my time now. My first K2 playthrough took around 40 hours.

KOTOR2 is a munchkin's wet deam.

Well, it's true that the characters become ridiculously powerful, but the game is so easy anyways that it doesn't matter wether you min-max your characters or not. I suspect a munchkin wouldn't find so much satisfaction in munching this game, but what do I know? I have never been one.

SODOFF Steam group.

I finished the game in 24 hours. It was pretty ok, not as tough as KOTOR1. I am now playing the game on a different difficulty level but so far it still hasnt been challenging. Anyway I play the game for the storyline mostly and in the regard the game kicked ass..!! :D

jim

I don't care too much of the length of the game as long as it's decent and it's fun. Short but sweet. Some old Lucasarts adventures were the same. They seemed a bit short but they were a blast along the way. KOTOR 2 seemed of a decent length to me, only I wish it wasn't so damn buggy and the endings weren't cut out >_<.

Oh and speaking of Morrowind, KOTOR 2 *is* similar in one regard. Both games have non-satisfactory endings :D. Okay okay, just kidding...