How long do you think it will be before the patch?

TOO LONG if you ask me.

But more serious - I believe "soon" means the next two weeks. That's my definition of soon (when it comes to releasing of patches for pc-games). Anything else would be... well - NOT soon.

Also, I guess, they were already working on the patch before the release. Either they never played their own game, or they already knew about all the bugs in it. So it's _possible_ they have something ready.

Everything is pure speculation and I doubt anyone (except Obsidian of course) can give you anything else.

Expect it around Feb 28th, 2006 and then only the beta version. ;)

:)

Yeah, this will be the Readme!

#####################################################

STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II - THE SITH LORDS Update ReadMe

Version 1.0b

28-Feb-2006

Thank you for downloading the STAR WARS KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II - THE SITH LORDS Update

This update includes the following:

PDF manual Errata.

Index finger image instead of regular ending.

Knights of the Old Republic 3- The Return of Revan print out and play cardgame.

I can dream cant I !?!

If your dreams are universally accepted like Mastercard, Visa, and American Express, sure you can.

^_^

Oh lord, "premium modules"! , yay, the worst bits of steam with none of the value! ;)

Worst thing is i would love to play the witches wake, but i have a 56k connection, all i can do is wait and see if they ever get around to selling it on a disk, as for the "lite" versions, why pay full price for a third of the product?

At least i have island adventures 2 to look forward too.

ill leave it there, im already miles off topic as it is!

Edit: I im just after reading the post on the NWN2 boards, and it appears as if the guys at Obsidian really arent to blame, phew, that restores my hope for NWN2, while the second post was a bit ,lets just say "Grumpy", it is understandable since some people have been going a bit too far with the "WOE IS ME!, THOU HAST CUT ME TO THINE SOUL!" stuff.

Still, hopefully they will be allowed to add some of the stuff in by those "nasty individuals" at LA, i wish that the bloody rules werent so hard on swearing, some times the only way to properly express yourself is is with the B and F words.

I've not had the time to pick up the game yet, but I'm looking forward to getting it soon.

What type of issues are going to be addressed in the patch, anyone know?

Additional content, such as the Yavin station in KoTOR1?

What kind of outstanding bugs need fixing? I read something about "Fury" not working as intended...

evil_twin.jpg

I've not had the time to pick up the game yet, but I'm looking forward to getting it soon.

What type of issues are going to be addressed in the patch, anyone know?

Additional content, such as the Yavin station in KoTOR1?

What kind of outstanding bugs need fixing?  I read something about "Fury" not working as intended...

Hmm, as comic book guy might say:

"WORST. ENDING. EVER!"

Hopefully it comes soon. I haven't had the horrible problems that I've heard about, but there have been enough quirky bugs that it's kind of getting annoying. You'd think that with all that extra time between the Xbox and PC releases that they'd get the game right. Unfortunately, not. KotOR II has, from what I can tell, far more bugs than the original, and since they're using the same engine, that's completely unacceptable. The bugs from the first should be fixed, not compounded and added to.

I also notice that the Xbox version is mysteriously free of these bugs. I wonder why PC development wasn't as careful. Oh, wait. I know. It's because, as so many developers do, they said, "Oh, well, we can ship an incomplete version for the PC because we can just release a patch in a few months so all the players can download the fixes to the problems that should have already been fixed."

Needless to say, we need this patch ASAP.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

Hmm, as comic book guy might say:

"WORST. ENDING. EVER!"

Hey, Comic Book Guy has a name now. :ermm:

Seriouslah, though, did the Developers say anywhere what issues they're addressing in the upcoming patch?

Honestly?

None, no-one has any idea, though some of the fixes will probably be for the dialog-skip option (Or ADD Dialog as i like to call it, by that i mean it blurs by and the only way to read it is to go into your journal.)

There is also the problem with various makes of graphics cards, and the frequent CTDs that happen to everyone.

Edit: oh, and i completely forgot about swoopbike racing, it doesnt work, i once quit a race and now everytime i enter one i get the same dialog about quiting, even if i beat all of the other lap times, ohhh, and the garage of the ebon hawk has a swoop bike in it according to the minimap, but when you go there it is non-existant, plus you can race despite the fact you dont have a bike, dont ask me why, perhaps before each race you murder one of the other racers and take their swoop bike.

Darth Exile: Dark lord of the pitstop! :blink:

Has anyone noticed that before the game came out, dev's were on these boards near-daily posting and chatting. Now that it's out, we haven't heard anything from them on any boards except, PATCH OUT SOON and that's it.

How is treatment like that suppose to build a fanbase or get us to buy their other products now or in the furture (like Kotor 3)?

Has anyone noticed that before the game came out, dev's were on these boards near-daily posting and chatting. Now that it's out, we haven't heard anything from them on any boards except, PATCH OUT SOON and that's it.

How is treatment like that suppose to build a fanbase or get us to buy their other products now or in the furture (like Kotor 3)?

Well there *is* one possible reason for that - and that's because they're TOO BUSY to post on the forum since they're working on the patch :shifty: (I'm an optimist for today :lol:).

As we in the flight simulations genre know, the dreaded "two weeks" of waiting for a patch can last for an eternity. Honestly, in the sim I play, its become a standing joke within the community whenever the developer has promised a downloadable content add-on.

So keep to the "two weeks" wish if you'd like, and while your at it start hurling tomatoes marked "cynic" at me if that suits your desire... :shifty: