Jedi or Sith

Are you a Jedi or a Sith?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Jedi or a Sith?

• Jedi
    • Sith

If I had to choose, I'd be a Jedi, but not a full one.

Jedi get a bit too preachy and high-on-themselves at times, but I think at the core they have the right idea... to help people and bring peace/stability to all life.  Unfortunately, a lot of the time this gets tainted by politics and the councils and snooty attitudes, but a jedi like Obi-wan would be my type of mindset.  I wouldn't be afraid to fight back, but I'm not going to kill people just to satisfy myself either.

The Sith just don't seem as worthwhile in comparison.  They do have cool powers, I won't deny that, but what you lose as a Sith doesn't make it worth it.  Their whole power system consists of people killing each other to get to the top... strongest one prevails.  I really don't want to get dragged into a neverending jealous rage with everyone around me, never knowing when some "friend" will try to knock me off for my spot.  People always scheming against one another.  I'm actually not sure how this system would be able to continue over the centuries... you'd think it'd eventually break down because it's devouring itself all the time. 

The only thing I'd disagree with the Jedi on is the whole love thing.  It could be dangerous to do, sure, but a person could be strengthened by it just as much as hurt.  It's not fair to make jedis like monks or something.  <_< You're almost setting up a jedi for a DS fall by refusing such natural feelings...  instead they should learn how to work with those as a positive thing, rather than shut them out completely.

The Sith have always been that way: Survival of the Fittest. It is the way man is supposed to be and it is what they practice. The Jedi are all bark and no bite. The Sith may overall Bite but they have Bark as well.

The Sith step on Jedi with boots!

"There is no running or hiding, Jedi. Your times up."

-Boba Fett-

BOBAFETT.JPG

The Jedi actually tend to be somewhat flawed in their approach. Their (given what happens to the sith, quite sensible) idea about not letting emotions rule, and peace and serenity seems to have fallen into a kind of monastic ascetic kind of idea. Rather than confront, and deal with emotions in their proper place (or let them run unrbidled as the sith do), their teachingss are nothing more than a self-denial/head in the sand concept, which, as anyone who's ever read any of the headlines about some of teh things catholic priests get up to will know, is liable to backlash sooner or later.

ach... Force Storm changed my life. for a couple of days :-" After years of playing the good guy i have to say.. god! Force Storm makes it all worth while :- I'll be careful to bypass all the innocents slaughter business, and fall just for the love of power :)

Then I'll clone Jar Jar Binks and i'll Force Storm da bastard! MUAHAHAHA! see how many of him i can get in one shot :cat: Hah! i challenge you so called jedis out there: picture Jar Jar Binks... now feel the Dark Side calling in you and revel in it! Jar Jar is the true test of the Jedi teachings :p There are no jedis out there, anymore. Super-secret-super-special-secret-agent Binks, Jar Binks, has brought ultimate ruin to the order :devil:

There is something that bothers me about the way people look at sith.

I'll build a real life, very common scenario for you. There are situations when someone may, for example, end up alone in some far off part of the world, apart from his family and friends, and home. As time goes by, anger may consume him, desperation, melancholy.. a whole spectrum of human emotions that tarnish the spirit and saps the strenght. Some fight and win, some fight on forever. Others fall to the desolation, but as all, they still walk the streets and think, and work, and go back home, to find home quietly gone out of their hearts, and are off again. But that is alright, there is new strenght in them, fuelled by anger, and grief. And this is no small thing, because it has nothing to lose. As hippies whimper and cower :devil: , some these men will judge and act, and hold no fear, as leaders, soldiers, relief workers, and so on.

If one were to translate this small, quiet, common episode into a SW Light/ Dark Side inner fight, wouldn't these man be fallen? Their new streght serves solid, moral values and principles, even though it comes from a broken spirit, as one peaceful-centered-good-thinker/doer might view it. Wouldn't they be Sith? And if so, how does it serve the all-raving- sith-children-slaughtering perspective? They'd be in action, a purposeful Jedi, with a havana twist :huh:

There are so many things that can break a man beyond mending. Povery, crime, war, isolation, madness, natural disasters, loss, a weak spirit... The world is full of individuals who have lost their ticket to heaven, but still fight the good fight.

And in KOTOR, they'd probably get the Force Storm. da bastards... <_<

How many souls go to heaven in one year for all their "good" doings...1 maybe 2?

Kreia's quote (even though she's a b****)"Even when you make good deeds,a darker ones are born"

There are so many sith indeviduals in the world.....

Only the strongest survive,it has been like that for thousands of years and it will be like that for ever!

So F' Yoda and his teachings,surender to the Dark Side of the Force,fell the true power MUHAHAHAHAH :thumbsup:

They jedi are weak, very few are able to sustain inner peace. There is always the threat of turning to the dark side. The dark side is stronger becuase people are more able to come closer to the force and its power through hate, anger, greed, and bloodlust. The jedi have a strict code which forbids the jedi of many things. Sith lords have always been stronger than jedi masters for that reason.

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

They jedi are weak, very few are able to sustain inner peace. There is always the threat of turning to the dark side. The dark side is stronger becuase people are more able to come closer to the force and its power through hate, anger, greed, and bloodlust. The jedi have a strict code which forbids the jedi of many things.  Sith lords have always been stronger than jedi masters for that reason.

Amen to that brother!