Female Romance option SUCKS!

Lol i read the most stuff that was writen before. I wont quote any of it, believe me, its better that way.

Still... didnt we all wanted more (with we i mean all MEN)? Think about the situation with Bastila on the Ebon Hawk. You kissed her, but, you didnt realy saw it. Isnt that awful? Damn. Make the KotOR series a 16+ game and show us everything. We paid that game, didnt we?

And think about it. Here in europe there isnt one day where you dont hear something about love, kissing and sex. And they start at - when? 11 AM.

So it cant be that a kiss is TO MUTCH for the player. Even puppets in series or anime figures kiss each other like theyr crazy...

So back to KotOR 2. I'm not realy satisfied with both girls that where an option. Visas was cute... somehow. And the handmaiden is a realy hot ... when shes evil. But that fighting stuff and that 'You are now my master' isnt that we wanted to hear. Or maybe what I didnt wanted.

Only one thing left... make better romances! KotOR isnt just running around and kill Sith and innocent. Do you think the movies would be that great if Leia, Han and Luke whered just friends from startup? Lol...

I'm sure the developers would show them kissing if they wanted to, although I think the matter is more of a technical hardship rather than them wanting to censor it :luck: (although fundamentalist states tend to censor kissing in movies and games anyway, so your point is valid in some nations). Getting two models to kiss using the NWN engine is probably not easy (this is just conjecture mind you, haven't actually tried :)) - of course they could've put a cutscene in there instead although would you have the cheesy romantic music playing in the background where the violins build up to a crescendo? I don't know might make a lot of people ;).

Alright... I admit it. Plooby is late to the party!

Thank you, Aurora for the wonderful linky to the Romance Novel Covers... way back on page 2. I am still wipping the tears from my eyes from laughing so hard. LOL! Lord of the Hissy-Fit, indeed. :(

I do think that the romance (from the female side at least... haven't played a male PC yet) is under-developed and almost non-existant. It's as if one was set up (like Handmaiden vs. Visas) but there was no follow through. As we know, there did seem to be a pay-off planned in the cut end scenes. *shrugs*

And you all know that I would've perfered that the ever-so yummy Bao Dur :) was an option for romance. But, that is what fanfics were created for!

okay Im a guy so I won't get bogged down in this, but I've played through KOTOR1 as LS male and found that the love story between Revan and Bastila was one of the things that had me hooked to the game. While you women complain about the female options, I've heard that Obsidian screwed the romance options for both sexes up. I've heard that they said something along the lines of, to hell with the romantic stories. I like the KOTOR1 love story, because it was kinda like old-fashioned romance, not this 'naked' fighting and Force sex crap.

Now I don't know about you women, but the best part of KOTOR1 for me has to be the temple-roof. I felt my stomach drop to see that Bastila had turned to DS, as I'd been playing through the game as LS male and sadly enough felt quite attached to Bastilas character. Though when she finally did admit her love for Revan on the Star Forge and turned back to the light, I kinda felt elated that it had worked out for Revan and Bastila.

Of course then Obsidian came along and mucked up that romance, as well as implement some terrible romantic options for the Exile. Hopefully for KOTOR3, whoever's making it has to bring Revan and Bastila back together, whether for good or evil, and undoubtedly better romantic options for the ladies.

okay Im a guy so I won't get bogged down in this, but I've played through KOTOR1 as LS male and found that the love story between Revan and Bastila was one of the things that had me hooked to the game. While you women complain about the female options, I've heard that Obsidian screwed the romance options for both sexes up. I've heard that they said something along the lines of, to hell with the romantic stories. I like the KOTOR1 love story, because it was kinda like old-fashioned romance, not this 'naked' fighting and Force sex crap.

Now I don't know about you women, but the best part of KOTOR1 for me has to be the temple-roof. I felt my stomach drop to see that Bastila had turned to DS, as I'd been playing through the game as LS male and sadly enough felt quite attached to Bastilas character. Though when she finally did admit her love for Revan on the Star Forge and turned back to the light, I kinda felt elated that it had worked out for Revan and Bastila.

Of course then Obsidian came along and mucked up that romance, as well as implement some terrible romantic options for the Exile. Hopefully for KOTOR3, whoever's making it has to bring Revan and Bastila back together, whether for good or evil, and undoubtedly better romantic options for the ladies.

I completely agree with you bubblyofart (and I'm also a guy). The relationship between Bastila and Revan was so intriguing, and so deep. And, after Bastila finally declares her love for you, the game abruptly ends. As if that wasn't disappointing enough, I've read that Bastila only makes one or two very brief cameos in KOTORII (I haven't played it yet).

One of the main reasons that I kept playing KOTOR was because of Bastila. I just couldn't wait until I could develop that relationship further and learn more about Bastila, her feelings, and her past.

And no, I'm not obsessed with her. I just think she was a great character.

I'm a NWN mod builder myself and know thats impossible to make two figures interact ... well, kiss each other. There are some mods out there that make it possible to have... uh, forget it.

Not true, I made some content for NWN and was making more before the promise of more custom animation slots to be added in next patch(which they lived up to). I moved onto other things while waiting, and actaully lost my model animation but... I made custom animation that allowed NWN characters to do umm things... and it looked pretty good in game, just script them to fire the custom animation after making them move to each other and... I'm sure kissing wouldn't be that hard after my experience with animation playing (and I never done such stuff before NWN).

I'd love for games to be more adult oriented romantically (or sexually). Yes I'm a perv and proud of it. I just find it strange how games can show you cutting people heads off or other such violence but to show somwone kissing or worse gets frown upon here in the US :o

I just find it strange how games can show you cutting people heads off or other such violence but to show somwone kissing or worse gets frown upon here in the US >_<

It's a strange world we live in...

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

As far the romance options go... I loved the romance in the first KotOR with Carth. I was very disappointed to find that the romance ending for a dark side Revan had been cut.

I adored Valen in NWN: Hordes of the Underdark. I guess maybe I'm just a sucker for half-demon types, but lords, he was hot and he certainly wasn't a "good guy" either. At least, you had some interesting dialog options with him.

As for Disciple... Yuck! :) I was ready to die when I found out he had an interest in my character. I wanted to go abandon him on some planet along the outer rim and be rid of him.

Bao-Dur just makes you melt at one point where in the dialog, he asks you with that sexy, sexy voice of his, "Was there something you wanted me for?" ...Haha, I can just imagine the replies to that line judging from what I've heard here. =p And I have to admit, I'd be rather guilty myself.

Atton... I liked Atton, I really did. I liked him from the first moment I met him on Peragus II and he made a comment about me running around in underwear. =p At least he was more like a "real" guy, in that aspect. You know Disciple would have been hiding his eyes. :devil: And if you think he's such a good guy, you need to the check the dialog file, and some sound files that weren't used in the game. There was a lot of stuff for the romance options that they didn't use, for both male AND female romances. Check the StreamVoice folder, folder 904, folder 904Atton , for one example of what would have happened with Atton, had they not cut so much of the ending. That's more of the light side ending there, though (sound files for two different endings). For a dark side example of a romance with Atton, check folder 903 for Atton's sound files. You'll find he wasn't such a light sider... And I think most of you will absolutely LOVE what you hear for that little snippet that was cut. Trust me.

Sadly, if you actually check the files after beating the game, you find there was a little more to the romances than you saw in game. It's sad it all ended up on the cutting room floor for some reason, but after checking the files, I was less disappointed, at least, to see that something had been written, something had been planned.

But overall, I agree -- better romances, and I wish people would stop being so terrified of a kiss! I can murder innocents, but they can't show a kiss? Bah.

Oh, and, uh... sorry I rambled, and... Hi! I'm new. =p Well, previously a quiet lurker, anyway.

~ D.

I hope the Obsidian staff actually bother to read these forums once in awhile, because KOTOR3 could be a product all fans would be happy with. The ladies want more, and better sub-plots and better romantic options for lady PC. And even us old-fashioned romantic type of guys want some better options as well. I'll say it again that the relationship between Revan and Bastila was old-fashioned romance that you don't see in today's movies, and they have to bring them back. So Obisidan if your listening, give the ladies what they want!!! and men too while your at it!!!

and ifitzgerald I'm glad I'm not the only guy that feels like that, and by the way I am not obsessed with Bastila, she's just the best NPC character i've met in a long time.

Of the women, the only one who struck me as halfway interesting was Mira.

Unfortunately, that goes absolutely nowhere.

Visas was too submissive.

Handmaiden was just entirely too insecure. She got on my nerves immediately and no amount of flooziness on her part got her off my @#$% list.

Mira knew what she wanted, and how she wanted it. And if she didn't like something, the blaster she had pointing at you would be a good indication she wasn't amused. Gotta respect her spunkiness. She reminded me of Bastilla far more then the other two did.

Speaking of which, Visas and Handmaiden would both lose if they ever got into an arguing match with Bastilla. Visas would try to come across with some insightful retort, and fail miserably. And Haindmaiden would get upset and go cry in the cargo-hold. Mira would at the least hold her own.

Romances aside, what I really missed the most is Mission and Jolee.

The most memorable moments I have from KOTOR 1 is Mission trying to get Zalbaar to brush his teeth or comb his fur. It wasn't so much what she said, but how she said it. And of course just about anything Jolee said. Jolee always had me laughing.

Aside from Atton and T3, it seemed like a lot of that was missing in KOTOR 2. o:)

I havent actually had a chance to play kotor 2 yet, but from what I have read about him it would be intersting if somehow you could change a file or a code or something in the game (PC version anyway) to make the Disciple a male love intrest instead of a female one. :thumbsup:

I dont know if that is actually posible but it would be kind of intesting if you could, other than the image of man sex. :ph34r:

Bao-Dur just makes you melt at one point where in the dialog, he asks you with that sexy, sexy voice of his, "Was there something you wanted me for?" ...Haha, I can just imagine the replies to that line judging from what I've heard here. =p And I have to admit, I'd be rather guilty myself.

Must say... that that line ranked right up there with Valen's "Yes, my Love?" for re-play value. Just as I would just tap Valen at oddtimes during the game jsut to here him say that, I did the same to Bao-Dur. :p Things I want you for? How much time do we have? Should I list them by priority or alphabetically or... maybe just as I think of them? :D :devil:

Guest Michael Chu

Must say... that that line ranked right up there with Valen's "Yes, my Love?" for re-play value. Just as I would just tap Valen at oddtimes during the game jsut to here him say that, I did the same to Bao-Dur. :devil: Things I want you for? How much time do we have? Should I list them by priority or alphabetically or... maybe just as I think of them? :D o:)

To be honest, I think Bao-Dur would have been a great female romance option, and the subject actually came up when much of the writing for Bao-Dur was being done. Unfortunately, there just wasn't enough time to fully see this through, and Bao-Dur being the prickly (har har) sort of fellow he is, wouldn't let us make him his budding romance with the Exile unless we committed to it 100%, and alas, it didn't make it in the end.

Of course, he'd probably just say something very simple like, "You know how I feel, General" and go back to fixing the Ebon Hawk. ;)

:ermm: is in the air.

Of course, he'd probably just say something very simple like, "You know how I feel, General" and go back to fixing the Ebon Hawk.  ;)

:)  is in the air.

Of course, as long as you gave the PC the choice of throwing him down on the ground, jumping on top of him and saying something along the lines of... "Why don't you just SHOW me, you big strong horny fellow! That's an order, solider!"... I would be perfectly happy with that. You could even fade to black like they did with the whole Basti-kissing thing in KotOR. ;)

And have the male players complain about how they can't rape one of the female crew members? No thank you...

(PS. Just in case, this being an Internet forum and all, don't take the above too seriously...)

Guest Michael Chu

Of course, he'd probably just say something very simple like, "You know how I feel, General" and go back to fixing the Ebon Hawk.  ;)

:)  is in the air.

Of course, as long as you gave the PC the choice of throwing him down on the ground, jumping on top of him and saying something along the lines of... "Why don't you just SHOW me, you big strong horny fellow! That's an order, solider!"... I would be perfectly happy with that. You could even fade to black like they did with the whole Basti-kissing thing in KotOR. ;)

:o

No one get me started on Disciple. He was such a pooner. I hated his voice with a passion. I never used him at all, even after I had the one and only conversation to turn him into a Jedi Consular. I just hate him. I hate him even more than I hated the entire planet of Manaan in KotOR 1. Once I get him, I just hate it because it reminds me that this is the pole-smoker who I'm stuck with instead of Handmaiden, who totally kicked ass. Besides, Handmaiden's a little easier on the eyes than THAT choade.

No one get me started on Disciple. He was such a pooner. I hated his voice with a passion. I never used him at all, even after I had the one and only conversation to turn him into a Jedi Consular. I just hate him. I hate him even more than I hated the entire planet of Manaan in KotOR 1. Once I get him, I just hate it because it reminds me that this is the pole-smoker who I'm stuck with instead of Handmaiden, who totally kicked ass. Besides, Handmaiden's a little easier on the eyes than THAT choade.

I agree. I would have liked the option to shove a paper bag over his head. And then, instead of "Force Choke," "Force Kill!"

Of course, he'd probably just say something very simple like, "You know how I feel, General" and go back to fixing the Ebon Hawk.  :o

:huh:  is in the air.

:o

Heheh, I think the option to do that to ANY of the male characters would have solved this whole problem!

I hate DIsciple... and Manaan. Maybe the Selkath and Disciple can go die in a hole together?

I, being stupid, did Dantooine first when I first played through as a female... now I'm doing Dantooine last. ^_^. I did Nar Shadda first just to get Mira's "power copuling line" about me and Atton. I felt good that time. (I did Nar Shadda LAST as a female also... <_< )

So, good job on expressing the point. :ermm:

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Heheh, I think the option to do that to ANY of the male characters would have solved this whole problem!

Yes. Yes it would have. Atton wouldn't have known what hit him. *rubs hands together* Muh-hahahahaha!!! As a matter of fact, I would've loved to be able to do that to Carth in the first game as well. No more of that cheesy profession of love in front of the entire crew, followed by no action whatsoever! What was THAT about? You'd think he'd at least kiss her or hint at it, or go for Mission's suggestion of getting a room.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital