Female Romance option SUCKS!

Hmm. For some reason I have the impression I'd be called a machist pig and looked down in contempt if I posted something like that. :shifty:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If you had proposed that a male character would be able to throw down Visas/Mira/Handmaiden on the floor and more or less rape her, then you'd probably be in trouble, yes. I'm a bit confused what "machist" is, though. Macho? Chauvinist?

If you had proposed that a male character would be able to throw down Visas/Mira/Handmaiden on the floor and more or less rape her, then you'd probably be in trouble, yes. I'm a bit confused what "machist" is, though. Macho? Chauvinist?

Yes, that's what I meant.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

This threads been a real eye opener into the psyche of female gamers.

well, you'd be suprised at how 'machist' women can be .. (yeah I know that was a contradiction with an invented word), never underestimate a womens sexual drive!! they tend to be 10x more 'dirty' (talking about speach here! :p ) than guys when they get in the mood ..

Fortune favors the bald.

well, you'd be suprised at how 'machist' women can be .. (yeah I know that was a contradiction with an invented word), never underestimate a womens sexual drive!! they tend to be 10x more 'dirty' (talking about speach here! :p ) than guys when they get in the mood ..

Yes ... I could offer the advice to run for your live when they get that way but you will never be given the option of thinking about running, let alone doing it.

drakron.png

*laughs for 10 minutes before wiping eyes*

You know this is why women are dissatisfied with these so-called romance tracks...love in games is either "true wuv" romantic nonsense or simple raw sex. Some balanace between the two (like halfway between Fallout 2 and Baldur's Gate 2: gosh what a thought) would be perfect. Oh and I loved Atton and Carth and it was so irritating not being able to do anything about it: Somebody write a flirt pack already!

Do they make hentai for women?

Possible (even if I doubt it a bit), I doubt its translated to export since there is really not much profit on Hentai games and I really dont feel like wadding over hentai games descriptions to find out.

Not a Hentai game but the DS have a dating sim (forgot the name, it was done by Ubisoft) that from the walktrue looks to be two seperate plays, in one we play a guy and the other we play the girl.

drakron.png

Do they make hentai for women?

Possible (even if I doubt it a bit), I doubt its translated to export since there is really not much profit on Hentai games and I really dont feel like wadding over hentai games descriptions to find out.

Not a Hentai game but the DS have a dating sim (forgot the name, it was done by Ubisoft) that from the walktrue looks to be two seperate plays, in one we play a guy and the other we play the girl.

Oh no, trust me they do... and it's just as disturbing as male hentai.

Ah, exactly why I totally adore gaming forums. Yes, joking about raping someone is a stupid thing to say. No, guys don't get called on it here much more often than girls do. yey.

Carry on with your generalizations, though.

Of course they were joking. And I don't think anyone was particularly disturbed by it. However, if I, in all my maleness, were to make a similar comment, I wouldn't be regarded very highly by the female public (and a large part of the male public, too), and would probably draw a hefty amount of flak. You know this is true, and that's all I was commenting on.

No need to get on the defensive. :blink:

Of course, he'd probably just say something very simple like, "You know how I feel, General" and go back to fixing the Ebon Hawk.  ;)

:blink:  is in the air.

Of course, as long as you gave the PC the choice of throwing him down on the ground, jumping on top of him and saying something along the lines of... "Why don't you just SHOW me, you big strong horny fellow! That's an order, solider!"... I would be perfectly happy with that. You could even fade to black like they did with the whole Basti-kissing thing in KotOR. ;)

lmao -- Bao-Dur is such a hit with the ladies! damn. ;)

Well I am probably a minority but when I play as light side I like Disciple.

He's a historian, scientist and a good-two shoes. You get exactly what he advertises.

It would have been awesome when playing lightside/neutral to have Bao-dur or Atton and neutral/DS Canderous. But ah well.

Maybe in 3...pls...pls...choices! (w00t)

Well I am probably a minority but when I play as light side I like Disciple.

He's a historian, scientist and a good-two shoes. You get exactly what he advertises.

You mean nothing?

lol. But in all seriousness, even that's probably an overstatement.

First, I completely agree that the romance in KOTOR2 is far too undeveloped - if you're going to 'tease' people with a romance, don't do a half-assed job of it and then leave people hanging. (I'm only on my 1st time thru the game, close to the end now)

On the other hand, games so rarely have any romance at all, that I'm sort of happy to have anything - and that I even care about that 'anything' to begin with is kind of a testament in itself, to the writing/characters etc. IMO.

Second, I love Atton, he's my main man....and he's definitely not 'LS'. I'm playing Dark, and while he did comment early on (several times) that my skin is getting quite unlovely, he responds most favorably to violent murders of the innocent. :(

That all said, I would like to speak in defense of poor Disciple, in the spirit of roleplaying. :cool: (in other words, this is going to be long & story like)

I too initially disliked his voice, and his rather weird appearance - he made me think of a Prince Charming who got too carried away with plastic surgery or something.

But since he looked like a strong fellow, I trained him in the Force and eventually a lightsaber because frankly, I was tired of Kreia nagging at me everytime I turned a corner, and a driod is not great company. And that Bao-Dur -- his glowing arm keeps giving away our postiion to the enemy and he refuses to wear a long-sleeve over it.

Disciple was distressingly good when I met him, and naive, but I was amused that he sparked a jealous note in Atton ("We're doing just fine without you..we travel light...etc"). Once I noticed Disciple's own infatuation with me, with careful manipulation I slowly corrupted him while yet giving him the illusion that he was staying true to his love for the Republic. Quite masterful brainwashing, if I do say so myself.

In fact, when I sent him to lead the mission on Dxun, when he returned, he came to me crestfallen because he had "failed me...gave in to the dark side..." by wallowing in it's power (twice) and being tempted by a Sith's words even as he struck them down in my name. I could see the cracks in his fair skin and the shadows under his eyes (which much improved his appearance btw) and was greatly pleased at my handiwork.

I soothed his tormented mind by telling him a pleasant lie about how it's what we do after a failing that matters, and he actually thanked me for it.

So to sum up....I'm having a lot of fun twisting him to the dark side and using his adoration against him. So much so that by now, I've grown dangerously fond of him, and his voice no longer bothers me. He just needed a little.......training......to become something more intriguing.

Anyway....Disciple grows on you if you give him a chance. A lot of his interactions with the Exile are...interesting. And he actually becomes quite the good lightsaber-melee-force-storm fighter.

But Atton's still the main man. Tho the scoundrel does have serious trust/ego issues....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts