Female Romance option SUCKS!

also, female pc has atton and disciple.  male pc has mira, handmaiden and visas.  a 3 to 2 ratio, and considering (unless im wrong) the ratio of male gamers playing this game to female gamers is about 3 to 2 or worse, thats a fair ratio.

I know you're going to hate me for this but,

Mira isn't a romance option

. :thumbsup:

:)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I know you're going to hate me for this but,

Mira isn't a romance option

:thumbsup:

:)

then that proves my point even more, making the ratio 2 to 2. :p

but the reason i mention her is because youve got "flirting" options with her, whereas bao-dur never flirts with a female pc (or if he does, i never got that option).

Yeah, well, some of us like nice guys. Unfortunately, Disciple was rather dull and, like every single other party member save Mira, a liar. I was terribly amused by his courtly bow and... just... bored by most of the rest of his dialogue until near the end, when he was very sweet (delusional, but sweet).

And if you have to mention Buffy, do also note Atton's *startling* resemblance to Xander in terms of behavior, dialogue, and the way he's treated by others. Sure, he had the equivalent of a couple years of Angel's dark past, but Disciple had Angel's personality (or lack thereof) and look how far that got him.

And okay, also note that Mira is basically LS Faith. I couldn't place her attitude until I asked her how she felt about men, and then, holy crap, Faith!

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Anyway, attractive NPCs did have their painful past, don't you think?

I don't think the original poster's complaining that females don't have a romance option.

She's complaining that male PCs get near-naked sparing matches with the Handmaiden and Force Sex with Visas.

Female PCs get NOTHING!

Female PCs don't get to strip down and have some nice sweat-filled brawl match with a near-naked Atton or Disciple (blech, Disciple - they should have put a bag over the man's head!)

I mean, c'mon Force Sex with Atton would have been great.

The romances were underdeveloped for both; this is true. But male PCs got some "action" whereas female PCs did not. That is what she is pissed about.

I don't think the original poster's complaining that females don't have a romance option.

She's complaining that male PCs get near-naked sparing matches with the Handmaiden and Force Sex with Visas.

Female PCs get NOTHING!

Female PCs don't get to strip down and have some nice sweat-filled brawl match with a near-naked Atton or Disciple (blech, Disciple - they should have put a bag over the man's head!)

I mean, c'mon Force Sex with Atton would have been great.

The romances were underdeveloped for both; this is true. But male PCs got some "action" whereas female PCs did not. That is what she is pissed about.

thats not what she said at all. she clearly stated she wasnt happy with the CHOICE of npc love interests that female pcs get.

My female PC ran around naked with a naked Atton and Disciple following her. They shouldn't have made that possible.

They weren't naked. They were wearing those horrid jumpsuits that pass for undies in SW. Ugh. :o

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

thats not what she said at all.  she clearly stated she wasnt happy with the CHOICE of npc love interests that female pcs get.

HOWEVER, I am extremely irritated that while my HIS romance option is a gorgeous Echani handmaiden who practices sparring in sexy black underwear, MY romance option is the freaking over-the-hill DISCIPLE!

I would have loved to watch the strong, silent, and sexy Bao-Dur struggle with conflicting feelings of respecting his superior officer and growing attraction for me as we travel together. I would have enjoyed breaking down the shell of unpredictable bad-boy Atton, challenging him to confront his past and unlock his true attraction to me.

I would have even liked the option to show Mira that men really aren

Force Sex? I guess that's how George Lucas decided to explain away Anakin in his Jesus-syndrom moments :o.

Seriously, though, I found the romance to be overall low-key. The "naked" fighting was barely alluded to, and I didn't really find anything sexual in the scene with Visas when the two of you were looking at each other through the Force. It's a lovely kodac moment in a Disney sort of way, but that's about it. Heck, no one even kisses in this game.

BG II had much better developed romance options (though one sided). If we really want to talk about decent romances in a KotOR game, then we're going to have to wait for the day when the green light gets flashed on a more mature game and LA figures out that you can have intimate, tasteful (i.e. PG-13) romance scenes by fading to black at the proper moments.

I found the Disciple really sweet but have to admit his dialogues began to bore me as soon as I got him recruited. Compared to Atton, he's a paler contrast. Atton definitely got my attention the moment I met him. He's a much more 'colorful' character and one that I definitely want to go in bed with. I agreed that there's not much of a romance there in the game and will love to see a romantic conclusion in the game instead.

Thank you. That made me laugh so hard. I do have to agree. Disciple is weird and very ugly, to be put bluntly. 'Disciple' esta muy feo. There's it even in Spanish for the guys who hate English. But seriously.... the guys get Handmaiden AND Visas and we're stuck with some sort of egoless guy?

In the game, after hearing him 'truly speak', I was starting to question if he was even straight or not. I mean, hearing a guy like that talk makes me think he's gay after awhile. And his feeding you bull**** about want to get together... "my eye."

Bottom line:

Disciple= icon8.gif

And what the hell is up with the male romance options? Us poor ladies get thrown some tacky dialogue and no action with Atton while the guys get to fight Handmaiden in some skimpy underwear? How unfair. <_<

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Closest thing I got to a romance was Sion and hell, I'd take that just cause it'd be freaky. I don't even bother with romance, because you guys are right: female romances suck. We get stupid guys and it's even worse when you're Sith <_< Screw Atton and Disciple and all those other fluffy lightsider bs: gimme Candyman ^_^

But seriously, romance should also be dependant on your alignment. I could see Atton or Disciple if you're LS, but DS? No no and . . . NO! They really need to work on the female characters. In dialogue, in romance . . . everywhere. Guys get skimpy sluts and we get . . . boring goodie-goodies.

(Anyone else notice that if you chose Revan as DSF, halfway through the game she's generally refered to as male?)

Fix the female game. Stop screwing us over.

I find it fascinating how female gamers really dislike Disciple to the point of wanting to kill him :( . I guess "nice guys" don't have their place in our day and age :o.

You're probably right though, maybe the developers thought that the male options *would* be attractive to females, but then again, we're males, so we're obviously not the best judge on "what women want" (unless you're Mel Gibson from that film with the same name). Hmmm maybe some input from the developers' wives could help in that regard for the future? :D

Two simple words:

NO CARTHS!

Disciple and Atton were just variations on Carth, whom I loath and want to mince and toss in a wok with some thai peanut sauce. Mmm, mince Carth.

And then have a romantic candlelit dinner . . . without the romance or candles . . . maybe a few torched cities in the background for lighting . . . with Canderous, eating minced Carth with chopsticks, discussing tomorrows plans for the next massive slaughter and how to bring our enemies to their knees ^_^ Maybe to our dinner plates, cause y'know, fresh meat is hard to come by when jumping across the galaxy constantly . . .

Yes, I am just that sick.

Perhaps I'm not the best for giving relationship advice o_O;

Atton was much closer to Carth in the sense he actually had emotions/a past. Disciple... oh God, save us from this man. I'm going to replay as a female and do Dantooine last, unlike in my first game as a female, in which I did Dantooine first -- stupid move, I know.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Lol, okay, that shows a good difference. I didn't realise it was so . . . different. But what I was really referring to (although that adds to my argument, whatever argument I have :p ) was at the end, when you're fighting Sion and are about to go onto Traya, Sion says something to the context of he hates you because he loves you. I mean, that's not verbatim and in the moment it's out of context, but I know when I heard it, I had to go over it a few times to see if I heard what I really heard.

Through the whole game, the only guy who has any interest in me in a pain-ridden lump of rotten meat <_< Oh well, better than Atton and Disciple. I mean really, Sion's a Sith Lord! And, y'know, sexy in his own rotten-meat sort of way . . . dude, that's so dirty, don't take it the wrong way . . . ummm, sexy in his evil, pain-ridden, falling-apart-and-using-the-force-to-keep-him-together way? I'd take him n_n

Well, as a devoted light-sider (I've aborted all my DS attempts), even I thought Disciple was just too nauseatingly sweet. Blech -- made my teeth ache. Atton was better, at least at the beginning, but wayyyy too insecure and little-boyish, in spite of his dark past.

Carth was okay, he was just too wounded. I could have done without the "can't remember my wife's face" dialog. Eep. Some of the flirt lines were pretty good, though. A little more - er, action - would have improved that romance. A lot.

Canderous, on the other hand, is all alpha male sexiness -- dangerous, brooding... definitely not a guy for the long term, but -- oh, yeah! Definitely swoon-worthy! I just know he would help me get in touch with my dark side -- heh.

Of course, if you're into horns ... (hi, Plooby) I thought Valen from HotU was a half-way decent romance.

On the other hand, Anomen from BG II was AWFUL. I'd rather join a nunnery. The only thing good about that romance was that Anomen and the female pc slept together.

I definitely agree with the poster above about Aragorn. Hear that, devs? Give us Canderous and Aragorn-types as romance options! And, a little action under the sheets, even if it's only hinted at, would be MOST welcome. Maybe the devs should check out some of the best-selling "bodice rippers" in the Romance section (I know, I know, they'd probably rather eat quiche and fruit salad) for a few ideas.