Female Romance option SUCKS!

What you mentioned was supoosed to be in the game but was cut out so that the game would be released before Xmas.

If you liked Atton - here' something for you :p -http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29764&st=120

Download "Atons death" and "need company?"

This is what was supposed to be in the ending of the game

Atton's the Han Solo of the game, ya know. And you pretty much can get him to blurt out everything from his past and stuff... But this post was rather... disturbing... :)

Could you explain why you though that post was disturbing?

Personally I believe that Woosprite got it on the money, but I figure that's a side effect of the game creators being male and not that good at their craft. A really good writer can write a good love story from any perspective.

It's just that I imagine what people might look like, what their voices might be like, all through their posts, sometimes... and... yeah... Just something to the way she wrote it all... I mean, she puts up a good point, the Disciple a little *****, and stuff. But there's just a something to the way she wrote it. *shudders*

EDIT:

I know there are probably a lot of programmers who don

It's not suprising, my girlfriend was pissed to about the only thing happened between the female PC and Atton was "Want to play pazaak?".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I played my forst game as a female PC, I never tried this before so I can't compare to say the Carth romance of K1 nor the female romances here. I think this part of the game was disappointing also at least when compared to the Bastila romance of K1 which I loved.

Here nothing actually happened with Atton who I "chose" over Disciple, except him being belittled by Kreia for how he felt. He never said a thing to my PC about his feelings, if it hadn't been because of his small chats with Mira and Bao-Dur I wouldn't have known his character felt anything for the PC at all.

After I do my DS games, I'll play LS again and see the romances with Handmaiden and Visas. I don't particularly like Handmaiden and heard her "romance" is pretty bad like the female romances but since I don't really like her that much it doesn't matter. Hopefully Visas will be a little better but from what I've read I'm not expecting much.

I too think that KOTOR 1 romace was better ;)

Bastila: I don't think that the Council would approve us discussing our mutal attraction when we are supposed to save the galaxy from Malak ..

Revan : Mutal attraction ? I KNEW you were intrested in me !

Is much better than Visas

Visas: I want to *see* you

Exile: Yes let us see each other

I too think that KOTOR 1 romace was better  :o

Bastila: I don't think that the Council would approve us discussing our mutal attraction when we are supposed to save the galaxy from Malak ..

Revan : Mutal attraction ? I KNEW you were intrested in me !

Is much better than Visas

Visas: I want to *see* you

Exile: Yes let us see each other

When that happened, did anyone else think about that Demolition Man scene where they have sex via those helmets?

I certainly understand your feelings. If the male love interest was Kreia then you know there would be threads about how outraged everyone is that they got the nasty old woman and and not the hot handmaiden. From what I hear the romance options in this game are very weak compared to kotor 1. One thing that did bother me about kotor 1 is that when you finally get the kiss from bastila the screen turns black! What, would a visible kiss between 2 characters have given the game an "m" rating or something?

We are enjoying the game, HOWEVER, I am extremely irritated that while my HIS romance option is a gorgeous Echani handmaiden who practices sparring in sexy black underwear, MY romance option is the freaking over-the-hill DISCIPLE! 

Actually, he's supposed to be 25 - significantly younger than Atton. His appearance and actions don't reflect that well, however.

And yes, atton IS a romance, but (IMHO) neither of these romance interests were well developed. Disciple had some interesting thing sthey COULD have played off of like

the fact that he was actually there to keeping an eye on you for Admiral Onasi

and

he had a huge crush on your character when he was still in training at the Jedi order

. I mean, can you imagine if they had played on that? You could have

confronted him about reporting back to the Republic fleet, found out more about what it was like to join the fleet at a young age (he would have bene in his young teens when he abandoned the order) and how they treated him as a half-trained Jedi, found out whether he came on this mission knowing who the Exile was and how he felt about that. Perhaps he tries too hard to be very correct to make up for these things.

Actually think there was a lot they could have done with the character and didn't. Too bad, because I, personally, DO like nice guys, even that way.

Atton, on the other hand, was well developed - right up until his confession to you about his background. However, I was very disappointed to learn that a VAST majority of his conversations are exactly the same. eh? He jumps in and defends a male character in the same way when

the assassin comes for them when they're in the cages on Telos

? After his long incarceration, he says Keria used to be beautiful, talks about visiting the red light district on Nar Shadaa, but not even a flirting pass at my PC? And there is nothing you can talk to him about after his confession and training. There are so many thing syou could have been able to say and talk to him about. Though I understand thatkeeping people at a distance was a defense mechanism for him, you'd think he would give more indications that he likes you thanthe rather school-boyish early scenes between him and some of the crew (where your character is not around).

Can't say I have any interest in Mira. I just don't swing that way I suppose. :blink:

We swoon over sexy dangerous Angel (in Buffy the Vampire Slayer). Legolas is definitely gorgeous, but Aragorn is the one with dark, rugged mystery surrounding him. 

Errr, I'm not really that fond of Angel, and I've seen lots of women that preferred Legolas. Alas, there's a wide variety of preferences when it comes to these things, which makes it hard to write any one romance that will please everyone. Unfortunately, I think both romances available to female characters lack depth - the NPCs involved do not show their attachment to the PC in a way significantly different than they are attached to a male PC.

After playing through Baldur

Lovecraft:

A visible kiss wouldn't exactly constitute an "M" rating, but it would've required a kissing animation. And I don't think bioware had one made... I'm pretty sure they confirmed this officially with a dev post over on their own forums, actually.

About female romances lacking depth in general:

EDIT (AGAIN):

I noticed Captivus had already mentioned the infamous thread, so I cut out that part of my post, but...

Here's a direct link so those interested can get their checkage on.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29764