Best Personal Crystal

I'm sure everyone here knows that Kreia can upgrade (improve) your personal crystal after you have built your lightsaber. I'm still not sure what triggers the upgrade tho'. Is it lightside/darkside increase, level increase or influence? If anyone knows for sure, please post here. I just kept asking her everytime I went into the Ebon Hawk.

My character at the end of the game was a Jedi Sentinel lvl 15, Jedi Watchman lvl 14...my personal crystal had these stats:

Atk +2

Dex +4

Str +3

Wis +5

Dmg +3 LS

How does that compare to yours?

I'm sure everyone here knows that Kreia can upgrade (improve) your personal crystal after you have built your lightsaber. I'm still not sure what triggers the upgrade tho'. Is it lightside/darkside increase, level increase or influence? If anyone knows for sure, please post here. I just kept asking her everytime I went into the Ebon Hawk.

My character at the end of the game was a Jedi Sentinel lvl 15, Jedi Watchman lvl 14...my personal crystal had these stats:

Atk +2

Dex +4

Str +3

Wis +5

Dmg +3 LS

How does that compare to yours?

I never upgraded that far.

Possible spoiler comment on the max upgrade:

You seem to have reached upgrade #6 of 9 possible.

The max for light side is

At: +3

Dex: +6

Str: +5

Wis: +7

Dmg: +5 LS

+ misc other boni.

You have found a rather good heuristic for upgrading the crystal (the finding of which, by the way, was the one of the few times during this game I went "Whoa!"). My best upgrade so far was probably the following:

At: +1

Dex: +3

Str: +2

Wis: +4

Dmg: +2 LS

Possible spoiler comment on what it (the upgrade) is based on:

The upgrade is based on alignment and level. As far as I can tell, influence has no bearing on the result.

/M

Blatant ad for a mod:

Anyone interested in playtesting a balance mod?

attack +1

+3 Char

+3 Dex

+4 Str

Dmg +3 Darkside

I think I only upgraded it twice. The second time was a accident. I mean I asked her about it the first time and she upgraded it. I asked her about it about 2-3 more times and nothing happened so I stopped. Later in the game I asked her again, just double checking the dialogue tree's you know and boom, 2nd upgrade.

Then things starting happening so fast that I never had a chance nor did I know would have a chance never again.

Apparently it has like 6 ranks or something I saw something regarding it at gamefaqs in one of the guides for Kotor II, which didnt really make sense at the time.

Whats potentially interesting in a way is I was maxed darkside at level 16 and never dropped. -->Seems goofy, does not really matter, but maybe you would get better results if you slowly increased your darkside points. Who knows?! Doesnt really matter.

Jedi Guardian 16

Sith Maurader 12

OK.

The personal crystal's level is tied to your character's level and alignment.

The max level for the crystal is level 10.

It takes about Charater Level 28+ to get the personal crystal to level 10.

I have the numbers for each level/alignment should there be interest.

Post back and let me know and I'll make the info available.

Here's a Lightside teaser--

Level 10 Personal Crystal:

Attributes:

Attack +3

Dex +6

Str +5

Wis +7

Specials:

Lightside Only

+5 Damage vs Dark Side

Slow 25% Chance on Hit for 6 Seconds, DC 22

Notes: This white crystal radiates an immense amount of light, almost blinding anyone who looks at it.

Hammer.

The Crystal can be upgraded?

Yep. When you get the personal crystal from the cave on Dantooine, simply talk to Kreia. One of your dialogue options will be to ask her about your personal crystal. If the crystal doesn't properly reflect your level, Kreia will tell you to take it out of your lightsaber and bring it back to her. Do so and she'll focus on it and it will be upgraded to whatever properly reflects your Character's game level. The max level for the crystal is Level 10, which is equivalent to about Character Level ~28 or so.

Pretty easy, eh?

Hammer.

The Crystal can be upgraded?

Yep. When you get the personal crystal from the cave on Dantooine, simply talk to Kreia. One of your dialogue options will be to ask her about your personal crystal. If the crystal doesn't properly reflect your level, Kreia will tell you to take it out of your lightsaber and bring it back to her. Do so and she'll focus on it and it will be upgraded to whatever properly reflects your Character's game level. The max level for the crystal is Level 10, which is equivalent to about Character Level ~28 or so.

Pretty easy, eh?

Hammer.

So I have gone 100 hours in this game using the stupid crystal, and I didn't know about that. I don't think I want another 50 hours of glitches and bugs. Oy vey! :'(

Thanks Hammer. "Trust me. I know what I'm doing." :thumbsup:

You'll find a complete list of available "upgrades" for the personal crystal with stats here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/itempages/c...crystal_1_0.uti

(look for the "<FullName> Crystal" ). All the descriptions and stats have been extracted directly from the game.

When you talk to Kreia, your old crystal is taken from your inventory and a new one is added. the crystal comes in five "colors" that follow your alignment: black, dark, grey, light and white and 9 levels. For the levels, it is governed by the following portion of k_inc_q_crystal.nss (I think it's pretty self explanatory):

int GetCrystalLevel()
{

int n = 1 + (GetPCLevel() - 9)/3;

if(n < 1) n = 1;
   if(n > 9) n = 9;
   return(n);
}