KotOR I or II

Which KotOR is your favorite?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which KotOR is your favorite?

• KotOR I
    • KotOR II
    • Equal
    • I hate them both

Thier about equal for me. Both had the strengths and weaknesses. But both had a good story, nice charecters and ok locations. Wouldve liked to seen the planets in K2 a little more fleshed out but still is good. :p

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

Both have their ups and downs, while KotOR II had better story than KotOR I, the predecessor gains from great productionvalue. So it's a tie for me.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I like them both, but I'd say KOTOR was the better game. The original had a stronger cast of characters. Like 'em or hate 'em, at least you feel something for them. The same can't be said about KOTOR 2. I don't really feel anything for any of the characters, except for the returns from the first game. Only Carth and Bastila's cameos, Canderous/Mandalore, HK, and even T3 elicited any sympathy from me. The new characters are likeable enough, but it's hard to get behind them like you can with the original cast.

I said KoTOR 2, because even with it's numerous flaws it has a far more interesting storyline and concept that KoTOR had. I just wish it had been as finished as the original had been.

You sure about that? If you think about it the 'concept' was taken from KOTOR1 and expanded upon. As for storyline, yes it was interesting but way too fragmented compared to the first. At least in the first you have the clarity of where the story could go, and while the ending of KOTOR1 wasn't that great (well LS anyway) it left you with much more closure than it's successor.

STATEMENT: YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT MEATBAGS!

You're feeble skills are no match for the power of the Bumfluff!!

I feel storywise that KOTOR I and KOTOR II did their respective plot justice. The first one had this powerful character in the form of Revan, that really took hold of the game plot's flow and tension, while tantalizing gamers with lack of info and rather obvious twist at hand. KOTOR II has Kreia, whose significance in the plot really expounds upon the intricacies of good and bad and your place in the galaxy, delving deep into philosophical roots of your actions as you face off with a new kind of Sith threat. I think in RPGs the role of villainy cannot be emphasized any higher, and both KOTOR featured exceptionally well rounded adversaries.

For the time being I would say that K2 is better than the first.

I can't bring myself to play Kotor 1 easily.

Plus the story of the second is a vast improvement over looking for some maps......

But at some parts, TSL goest too in-depth about the Force and it becomes confusing and slightly boring. By slightly I meant very.

KotOR II for me, the story was more engaging (with the exclusion of the ending, the original's wasn't much better, but a little more completed), overall it felt more mature in theme, plot and the story as a whole. KotOR was good in its own right but it always felt so innocent, the story wasn't exactly compelling, and the twist wasn't anything special after the first playthrough. I love both games separately, but put together and KotOR II is better in my books.

I would go for KotORII.  Overall the game is the same, and in no way im complaining.  But some nice little touch ups and little new features make this one stand out for me.  Though i have heard alot of people perfer number I.  The people who do, explain  :rolleyes:.

I liked K2, but I enjoyed k1 more. But more importantly....

Go-Go OWNS! (w00t)

manthing2.jpg

I would go for KotORII.  Overall the game is the same, and in no way im complaining.  But some nice little touch ups and little new features make this one stand out for me.  Though i have heard alot of people perfer number I.  The people who do, explain  :).

I liked K2, but I enjoyed k1 more. But more importantly....

Go-Go OWNS! (w00t)

Sure does dude, and when shes walking down those stairs in kill bill... :). BTW, her name is Chiaki Kuriyama if you want to look her up.

"KOTOR II.

The first one was good but the plot was obvious and ultimately boring. Worst part of KOTOR was having to play dumb and having companions who played dumb till the leviathan"

That doesn't make sense. If one has to play dumb in KOTOR1; they have to play brain dead in KOTOR2.

And, oh, you are an Exitium wannabe. You do realzie right that you can prefer KOTOR2 and still like KOTOR1? It wasn't that long ago where you were defending KOTOR1 as a greta game and now you are calling the story broing and the game crap.

Whatever :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I prefer the first. After playing the secnd a few times, I went back to play the first and I was blown away. It reminded me of how much I liked the first.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

TSL was way better for me :

First off the Onderon Sky ramp was superb, really made you feel like a powerful Jedi Knight, and the music score was excellent.

Also the Tomb of Fredon Nadd, wow, thats what a Sith Tomb should be like!. i wasn't a fan of Kotor 1 tombs, but now i am sold. And once again great music score for that area.

The Jedi sub-level enclave was great aswell, to see the Jedi halls nice. It also had a great atmosphere about it, the music helped alot.

Really enjoyed the Ravenger and Malachor VI, Traya's Palace was beautiful.

Finally i would like to say that i really enjoyed the ending, unlike alot of others. Traya's conversation was good. Her prediction of the future answered all my questions. It was nice that i could keep asking her the questions, just to make sure i understood all of it.

Only one thing i would change: i would have liked to have fought Nihilus (sp?) on my own. I fealt a bit dirty using a trio on him, but that was made up for when i solo fought Sion and Traya

big thanks OE ;) and kudos to the music writier, that scores were fit for the big screen, nevermind a crpg!

Adan