KotOR I or II

Which KotOR is your favorite?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which KotOR is your favorite?

• KotOR I
    • KotOR II
    • Equal
    • I hate them both

I would go for KotORII. Overall the game is the same, and in no way im complaining. But some nice little touch ups and little new features make this one stand out for me. Though i have heard alot of people perfer number I. The people who do, explain :thumbsup:.

Well, I can't lie... I love them both. I'm playing kotor again (5th time through me thinks XD) as I wait for the kotor2 patch so I can play it a second time through. Kotor seems a bit more interesting now, after playing the second one... and Every time I do some worthless act of charity, I keep expecting Kreai to give me some lecture XD!

Well, I can't lie... I love them both.  I'm playing kotor again (5th time through me thinks XD) as I wait for the kotor2 patch so I can play it a second time through.  Kotor seems a bit more interesting now, after playing the second one... and Every time I do some worthless act of charity, I keep expecting Kreai to give me some lecture XD!

Yeh lol. Im have only done Dantooine out of the planets in number II, but i already perfer it over number one. The main reason being my awesome robes and silver lightsaber.

I voted for "Equal". In many ways KotOR II is more refined and has more depth but there are also many areas in which it is lacking and unrefined. The most prominent short-comings are the scarcity of situations that require you to think about what you are doing instead of simply running forward and mowing things down, and that the game creates many, many questions but answers only very few (if any) in a satisfactory manner. The original KotOR offers more replayability as a 'tactical' game, even if you have already consumed the adventure component many times.

On some aspects I liked K1 better, on others I liked K2 better. As I was playing K2 I felt I was enjoying the journey and story more than K1, but after returning to the Masters in Dantooine and almost everything that happened after that I found I wasn't enjoying everything as much any longer.

The masters on Dantooine really disappointed me as I mentioned in the thread about them, I liked Telos Academy though I wish I'd seen the alternate Atris it would have been more fitting but at least I lied how that was played out, fighting through Citadel station was ok, it picked up a little in the cutscenes of the Sith fleet and boarding the Ravager. The Ravager itself was decent though the Nihilus confrontation really disappointed me. The Republic fleet arriving gave me hope, but once the Ravager was destroyed the fighting just stopped, they never showed what happened with the rest of the Sith fleet or the Republic. Talking to Carth was cool, then Malachor V was very disappointing.

When I finished K1, I had loved the journey and had a sense of accomplishment as the story came full circle. After I finished K2 I had loved most of the journey but the end left me almost depressed and feeling empty like I had done all of that for nothing.

Overall I liked K1 over K2, as much as I did like K2, the impression of it at the end just wasn't uplifting or fulfilling, just empty, at least for me.

Will have to see how 3 goes.

While I liked both almost equally, I have to give the edge to K2. Robes in K2 were a great add-on, they really(for me anyway) added to the immersion factor. Add to that the prestige classes and the scales tip to K2.

I know a lot of people liked the ending in K1, but for me, it was just as bad as K2's end. It really left me with that"wait! thats it....?" feeling, moreso than K2 in fact.

well, i prefer Kotor I because i don't get any sodding annoying slowdowns for no reason. (you know, looking at a piece of rock and a wall slows it down on Kotor II)

Then i prefer Kotor II because of all the extra cool stuff in it.

But i plan to play Kotor I again, until the patch comes out and pray that Obsidian fix the slowdowns and i also hope ATI get off their fat asses to fix the lack of glows to light sources. (driver issue)

Normally, i would be content with using the dll file from 4.3 catalyst and using 4.11 drivers, but doing it that way causes the game to go to a blank screen after the first movie or the next movie if i load a saved game.

I have no solution to it or why its doing that.

KotOR 1. If KotOR 2 had been less bugged and ended better, then it would be better in my eyes. However, I can't ignore the fact that while KotOR 1 left me with a feeling of achievement and happiness, KotOR 2 left me with confusion and disappointment.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

For the time being I would say that K2 is better than the first.

I can't bring myself to play Kotor 1 easily.

Plus the story of the second is a vast improvement over looking for some maps......

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I voted for KoToR I for the alot of the reasons people have already mentioned. In KoToR I it was always clear what you were doing and why you were doing it. Once you were finished, you felt like you had done something, there was a satisfying conclusion either way.

With KoToR II there were so many things that you saw or did that seemed to be meaningless, and so many loose strings that are never tried up. The storyline just does'nt capture you like KoToR I.

2DW2

I liked Kotor 1 because it was a bit more challenging, Kotor 2 should have been better, but it just wasn't

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

My vote was for equal. Although Splenda is a great sweetener as well sometimes it... oh hold on. Despite the odd bug, kotor2 plays better than the first one. But the plot twist from the first game makes it a draw in my book.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

KOTOR1 without a doubt, it's just not fair to compare sequels with originals, it's just natural that sequels are worse. Besides, KOTOR2 is really unfinished not as sofisticated as KOTOR1 - u could always count for a number of sidequests on each planet in the 1st but in 2nd, they don't always work properly.

KOTOR II.

The first one was good but the plot was obvious and ultimately boring. Worst part of KOTOR was having to play dumb and having companions who played dumb till the leviathan.

KOTOR II was much deeper, more interesting and required some actual effort to work out the the plot. It was especially good as your perception of events would change depending on which NPCs you gained influence with and those whos ideals didnt match your own.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]