does anyone know who actually started the Sith i know it was jedi who went rogue but like a name or anything

Check this.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

does anyone know who actually started the Sith i know it was jedi who went rogue but like a name or anything

Check this.

Correct timeline except on a ninor thing they overlooked.

The Sith were found 1000 years before the Great Hyperspace War so around -4,000 the Jedi discover the Dark Side, fight over it and the dark side are exiled/flee, find the Sith Race and start the Sith Empire.

drakron.png

Check this.

Correct timeline except on a ninor thing they overlooked.

The Sith were found 1000 years before the Great Hyperspace War so around -4,000 the Jedi discover the Dark Side, fight over it and the dark side are exiled/flee, find the Sith Race and start the Sith Empire.

No they weren't. The timeline is right on DLOS. The Sith Empire had been around for MILLENIA by the time of the Great Hyperspace war, not a millenium.

The Great Schism occurs several *centuries* after the Jedi order is founded in 25,000 BBY, so probably anywhere between 24,500-300 BBY.

(This information comes from the UK Official Star Wars Fact File and since DLOS matches it, I'm inclined to think that they're right)

I wonder if the jedi was always good. I assume the first force user where slaves of Rakatan who used the darkside. The darkside seems the most likely to embrace until you are establish enough to have the people pay for jedi churches and training enclaves. Somebody has to pay for the jedi bills. :p

I wonder if the jedi was always good. I assume the first force user where slaves of Rakatan who used the darkside.  The darkside seems the most likely to embrace until you are establish enough to have the people pay for jedi churches and training enclaves.  Somebody has to pay for the jedi bills. :p

I don't think so... The Rakatan were gone by the time the Jedi emerged. At least, that's the current story- who knows?

Anyway, yeah, having just defended that site, I have to say having read more stuff that there are a whole bunch of mistakes, at least from the EU Sith knowledge I have.

(edited)

The timeline is still right though.

I could hardly call it a good site after reading that "Invader" rubbish *spits*. WoD and Star Wars mixed? What the hell?

There must have been many force groups that made the jedi order. If you look at the order its even broken into groups and beliefs. Read the robes. I'll assume many of these groups came together when the order was made including the group that broke off to the sith planet. The first sith probably where not evil but felt their teaching being removed from the jedi order. I would love to play game before the jedi order was made.