Begining of the force?

Horus

We already know every creature in that SW's galaxy has Midiclorians and some smartasses have connection to them and can adapt them to do things impossible.

But the question is how these creature come to think and see about these bacteria ? (or such organelle like mitochondria we do have), who begin to know how to use then? What do you think?

And how come they has good and dark side of the force?

Free your mind anyway. And who had the fact please let us know. :thumbsup:

EDIT : Oops!!! sorry!

Now refering to Ulicus' model in http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...pic=29429&st=90 ...

Jedi : Pianist

Midiclorians : Finger

Force : Piano

I understands this issue now, thank you. :-

From the movies, games, books and etc, it sounds like something that was once whole and then from some sort of cosmic accident or otherwise was split in two. And from that point on the two halves, have been warring in contest to overcome the other, either trying to bring back balance (light side), or have dominance(dark side).

My interpretation is that, though it has a will of it's own, the Force does not have a light and dark side. The Force is above such pety things as good and evil. Force sensitives can use the Force (and are used by it), they can use it for light or dark (or good/evil). Much like a gun, the tool itself is not good or bad, what matters is who uses it, and how.

Mediclorians are the stupidest thing that even happened to Star Wars, and Episode I was filled with several bad setting ideas: immaculate conception, mediclorians, Jar-Jar Binks.

As for the Force itself, I agree with Helton to a degree. I see it more as the ebb and flow of all life, and like the tides, isn't good or evil. Of course, that's not the stance the movies take -- they present the Force as a stark dualistic system, with one side clearly being defined as evil, and the other good in grand LotR fasion. It works for movies, but as the books show, it becomes limited, quickly, in other media.

From the movies, games, books and etc, it sounds like something that was once whole and then from some sort of cosmic accident or otherwise was split in two. And from that point on the two halves, have been warring in contest to overcome the other, either trying to bring back balance (light side), or have dominance(dark side).

Cosmic accident that split the whole in two? Been reading too much Eddings, sir? :o

I don't think there's any lore to suggest that's the case, but I'm not very up on my EU, so...

I don't think there is a dark side .. but since some of the labelled dark side forces are rather powerful tools of submission, those who get addicted to power will find Force Lightning a little more effective than Force Heal, in their efforts of subjegating certain people! ;)

hmm but that doesn't explain why your skin begins to rot if you use dark powers .. why is that then?

Fortune favors the bald.

Is there such a thing as too much reading of anything? It's what you get out of it that matters. It wouldn't be the first time two different bodies of work showed similar themes, or where one format simply robbed an idea altogether. D&D's version of Hell from Dante's Inferno.

My interpretation was taken actually from a quote from the movies, more from anything else. Darth Vader was speaking to his son "You don't know the power of the Dark Side". Now I'm not sure if I quoted that verbatim, but that was the gist that I'm trying to get across. And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. No skin off of my teeth.

Sounds about right.

Thats why I think the drug anology works for the darkside.

It makes you powerful fast, but its addictive it warps your body and mind making you less in touch with those around you and giving you a superiority complex. Eventually it consumes you and leaves you an empty husk.

Jedi on the other hand go to the gym and eat a healthy diet. It takes longer but they are stronger in the end.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Jedi : Pianist

Midiclorians : Finger

Force : Piano

That is true for the movies.

But in Kotor2, I think, it's a little bit different.

Jedi : (don't exist)

Midiclorians : (don't exist)

Force : broken Piano

"True Sith" : Pianist

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Mediclorians (sp?) are something that I just ignore, like blood cells. Who cares, as long as you can stop someones organs from beating with a single thought? Sorry, just got out of a DS disscussion.

The Force does not have two sides, essentially. I'm drawing from years of geeky Star Wars geekifying. The Force is sorta like a yin-yang (sp?) thingamajig. It looks for balance, and the Sith and Jedi are that balance. That is what the whole 'Chosen One' crud was about, I think. I don't know if wiping out either of these will put a balance, or if it will caus the galaxy to go into turmoil, caus the Sith and/or Jedi WON'T STAY DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**Calm down... Calm down...**

Sorry, just my thoughts here... All five personality worths...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Personally, I think it would be more fun to take the psychopath's approach to dealing with midichlorians -- and simply state that Lucas put them in Ep. I to "screw with the fans" on a supernatural level of geekiness...

But that's just me.

I heard he put them in to get people to stop asking him to make "Jedi an official religion"... I mean, I might have imagined this but I'm sure he said on the commentary for TPM,

"you want to know why you can't use the Force huh? Well it's because you have no midichlorians they only exist in the Star Wars galaxy, so stop being such idiots!"

Actually, I think I definately imagined that. Weird.

Whatever, they don't bug me. Doesn't detract from the Force at all imho.

Well, having lived on both sides of the fence (as both an author and a devotee of an author's work), I can tell you that though I can be quite passionate about a body of work, I also like to ridicule people who take said body of work just a bit too seriously.

But then that probably just makes me the world's biggest hypocrite.

I'd love to be able to use the Force -- if it existed to the degree of the Star Wars universe. But that ain't gonna happen. Even if the Force does exist and we are physically able to use it, we would need someone to show us how, and I don't think there are any living humans who have yet mastered this, so...

Yeah, I can understand both sides of the argument, but I happen to take the satirist's point of view, due to my nature.