Endings (Yes, Again!)

Saran

Im Terribly sorry for asking this question, especially if it has been asked before on a number of occasions but does anyone know if Obsidian intend to patch up the storyline bug?

While i have not looked at any of the threads in the hope of avoiding spoilers for later on in the game, i have noticed people mention in a number of posts that the storyline isnt complete, in fact it appears as if the sidequests involving you companions suddenly cut out and you are unable to complete the HK Factory quest. (Hopefully that is cryptic enough not to give anything away to those of you yet to reach that point)

I have also noted that some people claim the ending makes no sense, and inspection of the dialog file reveals that an awful lot of it is missing.

So, does anyone know if there has been any official confirmation of a fix for this?

After all, whats the point in continuing on in the game if i am only getting half of the experiance. (I have only completed Dantooine and i am currently just starting Nar Shadda.)

Edit: Now that i think of it i believe that i might have already hit one of the "Cut" story arcs, when i enter the ebon hawk the screen goes black after the loading screen but instead of continuing on to one of the interludes it simply "Blinks" and returns to a rear view of my character, which leads me to believe that a cutscene is failing to initialise (At this stage i have a certain blind lady in my party, and its not kreia, if you know what i mean, sorry about this, unfortunetly i dont know how to use spoiler tags, that is if its even possible on these forums.)

Adding the alternate ending would need LucasArt to pay Obsidian to do so, in the same way LA pays them for making a patch.

And I don't think that LA is generous enought to pay for that , after all you've already bought the product so there is no need for them to do anything more. LA isn't the kind of compagny that makes free gift to its customers.

Thanks for the replys everyone and yeah, i took a better look at the threads you mentioned and it appears as if this topic is pretty much redundant, especially since someone started up a petition thread, ah well, guess ill have to hope that either

A:if obsidian is to blame for this, Bioware reconsiders its granting of the NWN2 license to them, so at least that wont suffer

B:If lucasarts is to blame (Far more likely.) then i pray that the devs of Kotor 3 have enough clout that they can tell LA to p*** off as far as deciding when to release the product is concerned.

I fully agree. However, that won't happen. The publisher in a publisher-developer deal has authority over release date, quality assurance, customer support, and all kinds of stuff. The developer is pretty much left to 'Design a game that will sell good by this date and we'll cut you in for some of the money'.

It's why Bioware didn't do KOTOR 2 themselves..they were sick of having to bow to the publisher or the owner of the copyright on the stuff they were putting into the game and decided to make games of their own, games that they owned the copyright to and would publish themselves. It's a big step for Bioware, and because it took all their time. money, and effort, they agreed to let Obsidian do KOTOR 2.

I would have liked a Bioware-done KOTOR 2, but if it means they can stand tall and make games the way they want to without some guy in a suit looking over their shoulder, I heartily approve.

As far as the problems with KOTOR 2...Contact LucasArts. Tell them POLITELY that you love KOTOR and want another game, but that they REALLY need to fix the game they put out in a broken state.

As far as NWN2 goes...you're right to worry. Because the publisher for NWN is Atari. And Atari is FAR worse than LucasArts. I've got some blood-chilling stories about them.

As far as NWN2 goes...you're right to worry. Because the publisher for NWN is Atari. And Atari is FAR worse than LucasArts. I've got some blood-chilling stories about them.

Oh , i am well aware of Atari and its fabulous idea of what makes a "Quality" game.

Then again, it could be worse, it could be interplay

"By suits, for suckers."

"OMFGZ!!!!!!!!11111oneone!!!!!!, W3 ar3 going to releasted Fallot Brutharhud of t3h st33l, itll have t3h boobys and bang bangs!!!!!!!!!!LOLLERZ!!"

>_<

" in fact it appears as if the sidequests involving you companions suddenly cut out and you are unable to complete the HK Factory quest"

Obsidian cut off that sidequest because they didnt have inough time to finish it...In fact lots of quests and sidequest were cut off because of the deadline...Just like in Half-Life 2

" in fact it appears as if the sidequests involving you companions suddenly cut out and you are unable to complete the HK Factory quest"

Obsidian cut off that sidequest because they didnt have inough time to finish it...In fact lots of quests and sidequest were cut off because of the deadline...Just like in Half-Life 2

Hmmm, thats interesting, i wasnt aware of that, while i find steam to be an extremely annoying and finicky delivery system i thought the game itself was cohesive and well made.

Then again, the fella's at Valve had plenty of time to clean up whatever they hacked away, unlike obsidian, who appear to have been hounded by Lucasarts to release the game as quickly as possible.

HL2 actually stuck together, and from reading various interviews, a lot of the material at least that was cut was not due to time constraints, so much as just editing. I suppose, after Ravenholm, they thought the docks bit was redundant or something. Valve took the time they needed, at the cost of initial resentment, and if you look, there's not a ton of repetition in the game really. I think they tried to simply cut it down so it would be constantly fresh to keep tension and interest.

HL2 actually stuck together, and from reading various interviews, a lot of the material at least that was cut was not due to time constraints, so much as just editing.  I suppose, after Ravenholm, they thought the docks bit was redundant or something.  Valve took the time they needed, at the cost of initial resentment, and if you look, there's not a ton of repetition in the game really.  I think they tried to simply cut it down so it would be constantly fresh to keep tension and interest.

I agree, it was probably one of the best FPS's I have ever played, unlike that p.o.s that was doom 3.

Its funny, i was just looking at another spoiler thread when someone mentioned that there were plans to release something in the order of 5 or 6 downloadable areas in the vein of yavin station for KOTOR2, im seriously getting more and more disgusted as i find out about the sacrifices that had to be made for this game to be released, i remember how much i looked forward to fable for the xbox, and while that game failed to deliver on many of its promises (or rather, Molyneux's promises) it was still decent adventure game, as for TSL, well, i guess ive berrated it enough as it is, such a waste of potential, so be it, at least there is Stalker, Oblivion, and (Fingers crossed that it wont be as shoddy as TSL) Neverwinter Nights 2.