Favourite Art from a game

HiddenAssassin

Baldur's Gate 2 was very inspiring to me....

I really loved the backgrounds.... soooo beautiful. Especially Druid Grove..

Oh, very many games inspired me, really..... StarCraft, WarCraft, Diablo, Fallout, and many others...

Hmm,... perhaps, we should all post some of our favorite concept arts here....

I'll look for some good ones in my archives....

The visual style of the Fallouts, Planescape Torment and especially the Icewind Dales are among my all time favourites. Both the ingame visuals and the concept art that preceeded them. Some of the concept art for VMBL was made by the same guys, pretty good stuff too :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Undying had some awesome portraits(with accompanying horrorific effects) and grand looking textures.

I also second the Icewind Dale comment. Simply amazing.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Icewind Dale art was awesome and avatars from all the Bio games were pretty classy.

The games whose art really blew me away though are the Disciples series. The gameplay is good strategy gaming, very difficult at times, and that alone would sell the game, but on top of that, all the avatars, all the units, all the towns and buildings are drawn with a style and clarity that really go above and beyond the needs of the game. In fact when I think of those games I remember the art in front of the gameplay, which is why I posted on this thread.

(It's canadian i think, so another kudo to all the canucks out there.)

Icewind Dale art was awesome and avatars from all the Bio games were pretty classy.

The games whose art really blew me away though  are the Disciples series. The gameplay is good strategy gaming, very difficult at times, and that alone would sell the game, but on top of that, all the avatars, all the units, all the towns and buildings are drawn with a style and clarity that really go above and beyond the needs of the game. In fact when I think of those games I remember the art in front of the gameplay, which is why I posted on this thread.

When Canadians make things they are usually of exceptional quality and people *choose* to acknowledge it. When we don't make something that is exceptional it isn't noticed at all. I think that has some kind of advantage :wub:

It's just like how the USA will *choose* to acknowledge when we kick their butt in hockey.... *runs away*

LOL (I had to sneak that one in... sorry)

The games whose art really blew me away though  are the Disciples series. The gameplay is good strategy gaming, very difficult at times, and that alone would sell the game, but on top of that, all the avatars, all the units, all the towns and buildings are drawn with a style and clarity that really go above and beyond the needs of the game. In fact when I think of those games I remember the art in front of the gameplay, which is why I posted on this thread.

When Canadians make things they are usually of exceptional quality and people *choose* to acknowledge it. When we don't make something that is exceptional it isn't noticed at all. I think that has some kind of advantage :p

It's just like how the USA will *choose* to acknowledge when we kick their butt in hockey.... *runs away*

LOL (I had to sneak that one in... sorry)

no problem--we know it's so cold up there that brain cells frequently freeze unless spirituous liquors are applied frequently and so we make allowances---of course, not having brain cells, hockey players don't have this problem and so do much better :p:p

I really like the work that "Ingmar" did in the Divine Divinity game.

Man that guy had an eye for detail.

Tsel ;)

yeah, Divine Divinity had a nice gritty feel-the sorceror dude art (complete to pointy cap and beard) was hilarious. i even liked the voice acting. and the little pictures of haunches of meat and hefty bottles of Dwarven Ale were nice and substantial, like you were hauling real sustenance in an inventory screen reminsicent of a high school kid's room...

I really, enjoyed the art work from Disciplies 2. It was unique and quite oddly beautiful.... The art for icewin dale and Baldurs gate was quite lovely. I have to say however I was really impressed with the world of war craft's intro for it's artistic quality. Some of the darker art work for VmB I liked too.

Lady Alenuska

• 4 weeks later...
Sometimes you see stills in a game and you just are like woah now I wish I had artistic talent, what are some of these games and where do they feature?

Okay I know it's not an RPG but the black and white pictures in the campaign descriptions were always really cool.

IWD & IWD2, I even printed the pics off and now I'm trying to draw them.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I always loved the pictures on the Gold Box-edition games. I especially remember the picture on the "Death Knights of Krynn" box. It was awesome. I'll try to find it!

Edit: Found it!

981708342-00.jpg

I also loved this one:

981708602-00.jpg

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That Flying Fortress has got to be the best piece of DL Art ever. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 1 month later...