- KotOR 1 & 2

- Final Fantasy VII & X

- Monkey Island 1 & 2

- Civilization

- Super Mario Bros.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

仙剑奇侠传

Haven't heard about that one before... :">

Care to tell a little bit more about it, what type of game etc. ?

Anyway, my own favourites (limited to games from the last 10 years, otherwise it just gets too long):

• Fallout 1&2

• Baldurs Gate 2

• Icewind Dale 1&2 (and expansions)

• Carmageddon (&^%$# 3Dfx Glide only for 3d support)

• Tombraider (even more &^%$# 3Dfx Glide only for 3d support)

• Planescape: Torment

• Jagged Alliance 2

• Battlefields 1942 (and expansions)

• Master of Orion 2

• Heroes of Might & Magic III (and expansions)

• Kotor 1&2

• Disciples II

Not necessarily in that order :blink:

Edit: Honorable mention because of the sheer amount of time spent playing: UT2004, VMBL and Pirates!

Wow, I must say, I'm interested to see someone including Icewind Dale, and perhaps pleased to see it given some recognition. A little-appreciated title indeed. I'm afraid that, for me, playing it after Planescape: Torment, the classic D&D gameplay that served to inspire me in Baldur's Gate just wasn't enough anymore, even with me being a former pen and paper 2E AD&D gamer.

Some more:

Lost Vikings 1 and 2

Final Fantasy 6

Final Fantasy 10

Freelancer

Deus Ex

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

1) Diablo 2 ,the best game of all the time!

2)very difficult.... BG 1 maybe ?...

3) NWN HOU

4)Morrowind

5) HL 1

6) deus ex,

7)BG2

:) kotor 2

9) kotor 1

10)doom, after civilisation,iwd1 & 2,divine divinity, warcraft 3...

console

1)street fighter 2(snes) and tekken (ps 1)

double dragon (atari game...!!)

1. Unreal Tournament

2. Star Control 2

3. Fallout 2

4. Planescape: Torment

5. Chrono Trigger

6. Final Fantasy VII

7. Alien Soldier

8. Streets of Rage 2

9. Freespace 2

10. Shenmue 2

(11. Beyond Good & Evil)

Mind you, I'm only half way with KOTOR2, and I'm currently doubting whether I should finish it before some sort of content patch has been acknowledged/denied.

KOTOR was very good, but IMHO the main reason it stood out so well was because of the games it was "competing" with at that time. I know tons of games that left me with a much greater taste in my mouth. KOTOR2 has already impressed me more.

I have yet to play any BG game. The IWD games were probably great, but I never finished either of them. The whole setting and story never did it for me. I'm not much of a D&D fan, actually. Torment is an exception, but I couldn't care less what universe it plays in, as there is little of its core elements that are not to love.

1. Baldur's gate 1 and 2 with expansion's

2. Vampire the Masqurade Bloodlines.

3. Arcanum

4. Ultima 7 The black gate and Ultima 7 serpent isls

5. Icewindale 1 and 2

6. Planescape Torment

7. Starwars Knights of the old republic.

8. Fall out 1 and 2

9. Morrowind the Elder scroll's expansion's too

These unfortunately are just off the top of my head, for computer roleplaying games. There were some I would have loved to have included within that list, alas they did not find them selves amongst my cherished. Woefully I yield my tenth spot and leave it vacant.

Lady Alenuska

Here is my list:

1. Ultima Underworld 2 (1992, Origin/Looking Glass)

2. Ultima VII part 1 and 2 (1992, Origin)

3. Planescape: Torment (1999, Black Isle)

4. Deus Ex (2000, Ion Storm)

5. Bard's Tale I (1985, Interplay)

6. Dungeon Master/Chaos Strikes Back (1987, 1988, FTL)

7. Gabriel Knight 3 (Sierra On-Line, 1999)

8. Championship Manager series/Football Manager [soccer management games) (1992 - 2005)

9. Kick Off 2 [soccer game] (1990, Anco)

10. Doom 1 (1993, Id Software)

Waiting for the patch to play TSL! :)

Lucas

P.S.

Honorable Mentions:

- Wing Commander III and IV

- System Shock

- Knights of the Old Republic I

- The Longest Journey

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

My Favorite Games

1: Fallout 1

2: Planescape Torment

3: Fallout 2

4: Ultima 4

5: Baldur's Gate 1

6: Icewind Dale 1

7: Ultima 7

8: Baldur's Gate 2

9: Arcanum

10: Wing Commander 4

Worse Games Ever That I have played

1: Pool of Radiance 2 (Played the Demo)

2: Temple of Elemental Evil

3: Gothic 2

4: Might and Magic 9

5: Throne of Bhaal (It was really bad)

6: Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

7: Dungeon Siege

8: Diablo

9: Diablo 2

10: Neverwinter Nights (without the expansions)

1 Starcraft + Broodwar

2 Fallout 1&2

3 Rome: Total War

4 W3&Frozen Throne

5 Baldur's Gate 1&2

6 KOTOR

7 TSL

8 NWN with expansions and mods

9 Age of Empires 2

10 Bubble Bobble(i would be a millionare if i had not spend all those coins)

There is hope beyond hope

Dude, I just have to say... Dreamweb kicked ass. A pal even got the CD rerelease of that one.

Anyway, I don't really want to order games because there's different genres and stuff... but anyway:

- Fantasy cRPG: Planescape: Torment.

It was so storydriven and had interaction with the NPC's which felt new at the time... especially compared to BG1. I also liked that you could switch classes and stuff... it was just so huge. Bloody great game.

- Scifi cRPG: Fallout series :luck:

Really fancy freedom of choice. Ah, I could rant all day about the fallout series.

- FPS: Half-life 1

It was so unlike the other FPS's out there when it came. It felt like it had content, and it was real immersive. And bad fishies!

- First person sneaker: The Thief series.

Bloody brilliant I say. Again, I loved the freedom you had to go about each mission your own way. And you could loiter. I love that in a game. I for one loved Thief III, even though many of the Thief fans complained about the changes and duming down of the game. I missed many of the toys from the earlier games, but Thief III was still a good game.

I also loved the NOLF series... it was a good laugh, and NOLF 2 was just too pretty. I spent ages playing Morrowind, but I never finished it... but I think that's ok, because I enjoyed the game while I played it (and that's what you're paying for, right?). I think one of the best games I've played lately must be Beyond Good and Evil. I feel as if the other games that've come out recently have all been lacking... either that or they've been Tech demos. I did enjoy Half-life 2, and the source engine is just brilliant.

Oh, I forgot... Arcanum. Really loved that game. And Obsidian, I do love KOTOR 2... I think it's even better than KOTOR 1 :luck:

I love that in a game. I for one loved Thief III, even though many of the Thief fans complained about the changes and duming down of the game. I missed many of the toys from the earlier games, but Thief III was still a good game.

That's the problem with Thief 3&KotOR 2, they are JUST good games and everyone expected excellence.

I have a habit of searching mods&content for all the games I like and it's amazing what they can become, Morrowind and many other games get a second life.

仙剑奇侠传

Omg..That game. The first one was the best, second and third one sucked.

You are right.仙剑奇侠传---Legend of fair sword and hero(translate by myself)

I'm not familiar with the name. Is it based on a novel?

Yes,based on novel,authot is 金庸.In China,it nick name is "tear maker".

I like Magic and might hero 4 very much.JA2 is good game.

If I tell you I'm good

You would probably think I'm boasting

If I tell you I'm no good

You know I'm lying

---Bruce Lee

I love that in a game. I for one loved Thief III, even though many of the Thief fans complained about the changes and duming down of the game. I missed many of the toys from the earlier games, but Thief III was still a good game.

That's the problem with Thief 3&KotOR 2, they are JUST good games and everyone expected excellence.

I have a habit of searching mods&content for all the games I like and it's amazing what they can become, Morrowind and many other games get a second life.

Yeah, I think the community has about modded Thief 3 so it looks more or less exactly like Thief 1 and 2 (I mean the UI and stuff). And that's without having ANY sdk's.

You know, I bought UT2004 just for the mods... Alien Swarm kicks ass!

edit: Oh! I forgot mentioning Deus Ex 1, didn't I? I actually played Deus Ex 1 just last year and I almost had an orgasm because of the sexy interface. I just loved that game to death. And I love hacking in that game... I think that's one of the things I loved most with Vampire: Bloodlines, it used almost the same method of handling hacking as Deus Ex 1 did.

Yeah, I think the community has about modded Thief 3 so it looks more or less exactly like Thief 1 and 2 (I mean the UI and stuff). And that's without having ANY sdk's.

edit: Oh! I forgot mentioning Deus Ex 1, didn't I? I actually played Deus Ex 1 just last year and I almost had an orgasm because of the sexy interface. I just loved that game to death. And I love hacking in that game... I think that's one of the things I loved most with Vampire: Bloodlines, it used almost the same method of handling hacking as Deus Ex 1 did.

Still, after all those tweaks it's not as good as Thief 1&2, blame it on Xbox.

There are mods for Deus Ex 1 (check gamespot) and one of them is made by PC Gamer UK.

Yeah, I think the community has about modded Thief 3 so it looks more or less exactly like Thief 1 and 2 (I mean the UI and stuff). *snipped*

Still, after all those tweaks it's not as good as Thief 1&2, blame it on Xbox.

There are mods for Deus Ex 1 (check gamespot) and one of them is made by PC Gamer UK.

Yeah, one of the biggest changes is the size of each "level" I think... in Thief 1 and 2 the whole AREA was one level, so it made your freedom even larger. Also, there were more roofs and stuff I think. I felt a bit boxed in, in thief 3. Even though Thief 3 isn't as good as thief 1 and 2, I think it's a damn good game... which says a lot about the earlier games.

No particular order, I really liked them all.

System Shock 1&2

Planescape Torment

Bioforge

NWN + expansions + toolset.

Half-life

Asteroids

Spacequest series

Monkey Island series

KOTOR 1&2

Masters of Orion 2

Hah... I can't believe I forgot to mention the Monkey Island series. Now there's high quality right there.

And yeah, System Shock was damn fancy... I think I only played System Shock 2 though.

Monkey Island, Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle were all fabolous games. Grim Fandango was also great. I miss adventure games.

1. BG 2 and Throne of Bhaal (PC)

2. Championship manager series and FM 2005 (PC)

3. Total War series (PC)

4. Final Fantasy 8 & 9 (PS)

6. Pro Evolution Series (PS2)

5. PS Torment (PC)

7. WWE Smackdown HCTP (PS2)

8. KOTOR (PC)

9. KOTOR II TSL (PC)

10. Civilisation series (PC)

Close but not quite GTA San Andreas (PS2)

Quite diverse, wouldn't you say? :cool:

• 1 month later...