8- Red Faction 1

9- Fallout 2

10- Warcraft 2

11- Shadows of the Empire

12- Aztec

13- Pilgrim

14- Rebel assault 2

15- Kotor 2

K2:TSL is the best game in all genres Ive ever played and Ive played most of them. I have NEVER seen such good story crafting and character interaction. Absolutely marvellous. It was partially dread to play it since I knew it had to end.

Obsidian has earned more than respect from me.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

1. KOTOR

2. KOTOR 2

3. Legend of Zelda: OoT

4. GTA: San Andreas/ GTA 3

5. Duke Nukem 3D

6. NBA 2K1 (Dreamcast)

7. NCAA Football 2003

8. Tony Hawk whatever

9. Mortal Kombat 2

10. Warcraft 2

Honorable mentions: DOOM 1 and 2, MarioKart 64, Goldeneye 64 (too many people mentioned it, or else it would be in my top ten) Super Smash Bros., Road Rash series and Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2!

12. Blake Stone

Wow... Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold. Somebody knows their classics. :(

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

K2:TSL is the best game in all genres Ive ever played and Ive played most of them. I have NEVER seen such good story crafting and character interaction. Absolutely marvellous. It was partially dread to play it since I knew it had to end.

Obsidian has earned more than respect from me.

Play Planescape: Torment. Its not as cinematic because its sprite based, but the story and character interaction is unmatched IMO.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Mafia... now that was a great game!

Yes it was. Thank god Illusion Softworks(the developer) are planning for a sequel. Something to quench the thirst for mobster games, ah....thank you.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I see lots of reappearing themes here...

Hmm lessee. In no particular order apart from that in which they spring to mind (which, I guess, does mean something...)

Morrowind

Baldur's Gate

Icewind Dale

KOTOR2

KOTOR

Unreal

Half-Life 2

Civilization 2

Doom

Exile (the BBC game, released in 1988... ahh, memories :) )

There, I think that's ten of 'em. :lol:

Mine Sweeper

Solitaire

Internet Backgammon

Hearts

And number one:

Internet Checkers

I sadly have put countless hours into these games and rank them as the best timewasters (or games if you like) ever!

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Play Planescape: Torment. Its not as cinematic because its sprite based, but the story and character interaction is unmatched IMO.

Just played it, K2 betters it on every point. I just think most peple pefer to see Ps:T through the rose-colored glasses of memory. K2 is just a landmark in gaming history when it comes to blending the worlds of dramatology and computer gaming.

I cant wait for when Chris Avellone & Co. gets to do a real independant production game.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

* FALLOUT *

&

* FALLOUT II *

The best cRPGs out there imho...

Just played it, K2 betters it on every point. I just think most peple pefer to see Ps:T through the rose-colored glasses of memory. K2 is just a landmark in gaming history when it comes to blending the worlds of dramatology and computer gaming.

hah! Kotor is a fun game to play.

PST is Legend. Still play it now and again (no rose coloured glass here).

Suffice it to say that our opinions differ in this matter. :-

my top ten games/series:

planescape torment

fallout 1 and 2

baldurs gate

icewind dale

parasite eve

megaman legends 1 and 2

castlevania symphony of the night

unreal tournament

grand theft auto 3 and above

jet moto 3

This is based on what i just recalled, it is not very well thought out.

Arcanum & KotOR1 & NWN:HOU

Only these 3 get me stick to my laptop all the time.

I cant wait for when Chris Avellone & Co. gets to do a real independant production game.

If you have JUST played it, its kind of unfair to comparing an old game TODAY with a morden game of today. But I suppose there is no "fairness" when it comes to personal view.

I would also say Planescape: T is one of the best game ever, the vioce acting was bloody great, the character design was bloody great (better than BG IMO), the story was bloody great, the writing(dialog) was bloody great.

Everthing was so good that made the action seems rubbish, which was actually still ok for its time.

1. Planescape: Torment - "What can change the nature of a man?" The Story, Characters, and Dialogue stand triumphant over all. The setting stands alone as the most unique and surreal.

2. Fallout - A Post Nuclear RPG Masterpiece: Open-ended, satisfying turn-based combat, SPECIAL rockz0rz my soxz0rz!

3. Total Annihilation -

1. gothic 1 (would have been gothic 2 but having to fight all those dragons at the end kind of killed it)

2. mafia

3. gothic 2

4. blade runner

5. deus ex 1 (the second one had some pretty cool areas, could have been a lot better)

6. dune 1

7. gta vice city

8. hitman 2

9. bloodlines

10. fallout 1 and 2

11. kotor 1

probably some more i cant remember but thats enough for now.

KotOR II and Planescape: Torment stand for me as the finest examples of story-telling in computer games to date which I have experienced. I find it difficult to say which is the better. But on the basis of one particular criterion, I could certainly pick a favourite. Torment benefits from its taking place in a vastly more complex game universe than any Star Wars game. Star Wars, at its core, still bases itself around the material of the original Light versus Dark, Good Guys versus Bad Guys save-the-princess story which started it all, effectively possessing all the moral complexity of a serial superhero flick. The depth of KotOR II is completely in spite of that fact, and the plot struggles to reconcile the insanity of the bland Light Side and Dark Side categories with a more meaningful moral universe where they cease to carry much weight. In the balance, I prefer the game, Planescape, which better benefits from its original setting and the depth of that setting, rather than struggling with its generic fairy tale clich

1. Final Fanstasy VI

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Knights of the Old Republic

4. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

5. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

6. Heroes of Might & Magic III

7. Final Fantasy IV

8. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

9. Xenogears

10. Baldur's Gate

#1: Planescape Torment

The rest are not in order.

Fallout 1+2

Metroid series (Prime or Super probably my favourites)

Eternal Darkness

Thief trilogy (2nd one my favourite)

Monkey Island series

Grim Fandango

Half-Life 2

Rome: Total War

Vampire: the Masquerade: Bloodlines