Something I heard

That's just the movies actually.

Everything else is subject to change- should George Lucas see fit to change it.

And that's the way it should be IMO. He DID create the franchise afterall. So it's his game and his rules.

I think "Clerks," "Dogma" director Kevin Smith might be in a position to change some things, too. In the near future. :devil: We'll see. (w00t)

I think "Clerks," "Dogma" director Kevin Smith might be in a position to change some things, too. In the near future.  :( We'll see.  (w00t)

id heard rumblings that he was going to be directing a star wars television series starting in 2006, but so far no official confirmation/denial from lucasfilms.

[

id heard rumblings that he was going to be directing a star wars television series starting in 2006, but so far no official confirmation/denial from lucasfilms.

I thought I read that Mark Hamill was going to reprise Luke as well

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I thought I read that Mark Hamill was going to reprise Luke as well

thats another rumor, but that one is dependent on when the series is set in the timeline.

one of the rumors had the series being between episode 3 and 4, thus it wouldnt make sense for luke to be around then (other than as a young boy, which i doubt hamill could portray). but another rumor has hamill taking on his roll as luke skywalker again, but this time as an aged jedi master tutoring students in his jedi academy.

That's just the movies actually.

Everything else is subject to change- should George Lucas see fit to change it.

And that's the way it should be IMO. He DID create the franchise afterall. So it's his game and his rules.

I think "Clerks," "Dogma" director Kevin Smith might be in a position to change some things, too. In the near future.  ;) We'll see.  (w00t)

I guess this is just my opinion but... *gets flame armor ready*

I think the hole Star Wars story is out of George lucas's hand now.

The movies... comparing them to the novels/games/comics don't look so great. Considering how much more depth is put into each one.

I'd like to see an older version of Luke Skywalker, for the sole reason that I want to see Mara (Jade) Skywalker. I'm no diehard SW fan, but that's the only person in SW that I don't have some sort of image of. I mean, I've seen the characters in the movies and in games, and I even read some comics, but I've never seen Mara Jade anywhere. It's sort of annoying for some reason I can't quite place.

I'd like to see an older version of Luke Skywalker, for the sole reason that I want to see Mara (Jade) Skywalker. I'm no diehard SW fan, but that's the only person in SW that I don't have some sort of image of. I mean, I've seen the characters in the movies and in games, and I even read some comics, but I've never seen Mara Jade anywhere. It's sort of annoying for some reason I can't quite place.

mara jade skywalker :thumbsup:

Two low-quality pictures was not quite what I had in mind. No voice or anything. I like to get to know characters (hence why I play RPGs). I want to know how she looks, how she sounds, how she moves, what kind of underwear sh... er, scratch that last one.

The only official canon are Episode I - VI and, from what I understand, KotOR I (maybe TSL also, but I haven't seen anything about that being canon as well).

The books aren't BS, but they aren't set in stone either -- everything in them is subject to change as Lucas sees fit.

As far as I'm concerned, if it's in the Database, then it is official. Even things that are inferred to.

Of course, as long as it doesn't screw around with those things, then who's to say that it isn't official? There's no proof or necessity for it to be false, so if it fits in, then let it.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

KotOR 1 is canon? I highly doubt that. Would be nice, though. It ties in with some other stories of that era too.

I guess this is just my opinion but... *gets flame armor ready*

I think the hole Star Wars story is out of George lucas's hand now.

The movies... comparing them to the novels/games/comics don't look so great.  Considering how much more depth is put into each one.

You are not the only one who thinks like that. EU can be really crappy at times, but when it's great, it's really great.

SODOFF Steam group.

A lot of stuff is in database, that doesn't make it canon in the eyes of canonists. The common definition for that is what's in the movies. If you try to talk about anything else to them and they'll stick fingers to their ears and start shouting "LALALALA ITS NOT CANON! I'M NOT LISTENING!" So if someone says "canon" he means the movies, no matter what you think is official.

[nitpickingstarwarsnerd]

Also, it doesn't seem to me that the database is so infallible. For example:

1. Gravity well projectors on Leviathan? Isn't that post-ANH technology? Perhaps it was just rediscovered. 2. One ysalamir, many ysalamiri, that's how it was in Zahn's books, but others got it wrong and always use the plural form.

[/nitpickingstarwarsnerd]

SODOFF Steam group.

But I was going for that! :geek::geek::geek::geek:

See, I even got the smilies!

Okay, back on topic. I know, they twist quite a lot. But, as long as it doesn't screw everything up, like the Yuuzhon Vong did >_< , I'll refer to it as canon.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."