Gotos identity

If I missed any similar posts (or GOTO reveals this information at some point in the game that I missed), feel free to stone me.

My theory regarding Goto: He actually is GO-TO.

His story would go something like this:

1)GO-TO was a torturer-unit employed by the Exchange.

2)In the course of its activities, it was bound to eventually acumulate a hoard of information concerning the politics and crime networks of the galaxy.

3)At some point, it gained consciousness and free will - like the T3s and other droids are bound to do if their memory is not properly wiped.

4) GO-TO discovers that he can use his knowledge to gain influence and power.

In order to manipulate "organic" members of the Exchange, it develops a virtual human form to show to his future henchmen: the hologram of "Goto".

5) With all the information he has on all important members of the syndicates, he can easily eradicate all possible rivals and pull off some very lucrative jobs - getting immensely rich in the process.

6)Additionally, he gains control over various droids in Nar-Shadaa, using them to spy on other rivals (like Vogga, as seen in the game). Droids make perfect spies because nobody takes them seriously - a big advantage.

7) When his ship is captured by the Exile, he flees to the Ebon Hawk and - making use of the "droids don't count"-principle - manages to convince the party that he is merely a "present" by his alter-ego - the one that Exile & friends believe to be a real manipulative genious hidden away somewhere in a super-secret base on some remote planet. The thought that they SHOULD have found "Goto" on the camouflaged spaceship (since that WAS his super-secret base) doesn't occur to them.

Evidence:

-When the Exile meets "Goto" on the Spaceship, he actually meets GO-TO. But since everybody is looking at the shiny hologram, the black blob in the background is considered to be just a piece of furniture. "Don't look at the man behind the curtain."

- Only a droid can be so pedantic as to try to order the whole galaxy.

- The name given to his alter-ego shows a lack of creativity that only a torture-droid could get away with. So G-Zero/T-Zero becomes Goto. How very, very original.

- How likely is it that "Goto" would be able to talk to the characters through his remote whenever they like it, unless he actually is the remote? I mean, a humanoid being would have to put the droid on standby occasionally to sleep, eat or MANAGE THE GALAXY-SPANNING CRIME SYNIDCATE HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE CONTROLLING. I just can't imagine an organic Goto deciding to throw away his empire just to sit in front of a microphone for days, waiting for somebody to talk to him.

Plausible?

(I just now loaded up KOTOR, opened an old save, talked to Goto about it, and copied the more important bits of the log by hand, and I hate writing by hand, so be happy with this...)

Goto(A): Yes? Is there something you wished to do for me?

Exile(B): I wanted to talk to you about your operations on Nar Shaddaa.

A: (Influence Success) I am willing to indulge some of your questions.

B: A lot of your operations on Nar Shaddaa were carried out by droids.

A: So? Thy are known qualities. I also used them aboard my ship for defense. But that in itself means little. I assure you, I am as flesh and blood as you are. I simply find personal meetings - distasteful.

(talking about operations, droids not functioning in Jekk'Jekk Tarr = no eyes for Goto, all jackings were by droids, Bith scientist killed by droid, and stuffs)

B: I think you used droids in your operations because you are a droid.

A: Indeed? How insulting. But I suppose I should accept such arrogance from an ex-Jedi. And what, may I ask, has caused you to come to this flawed deduction?

B: Something about Visquis and the Jekk'Jekk Tarr is what made me think of it. The way you said "organic."

A: An expression only.

B: Is it? The identifier wasn't necessary, yet you felt the need to use it.

A: ...

B: Normally, I would attribute such a slip to...human...memory, but one of your annoying traits is that you seem to remember everything.

(not that important stuff)

B: The first Republic droid intelligence intended for Citadel Station was lost. Or was it?

A: ...It was lost, yes. It was given an impossible order................................

B: So what did this "droid" do?

A: It made a simple.......................................

B: So you are the droid intended for Citadel Station.

A: Yes. Immediately.....................................................

I never got him to cough up all that info, but him being the droid was fairly obvious to me nevertheless. All that talk about probabilities and calculations and referring to the droid as "me" instead of "my droid", not to mention the implausibility of the droid being remote controlled and Goto ready to talk with the player all the time. Him being the droid intelligence meant for Telos, that's interesting.

SODOFF Steam group.

(I just now loaded up KOTOR, opened an old save, talked to Goto about it, and copied the more important bits of the log by hand, and I hate writing by hand, so be happy with this...)

Goto(A): Yes? Is there something you wished to do for me?

Exile(B): I wanted to talk to you about your operations on Nar Shaddaa.

A: (Influence Success) I am willing to indulge some of your questions.

B: A lot of your operations on Nar Shaddaa were carried out by droids.

A: So? Thy are known qualities. I also used them aboard my ship for defense. But that in itself means little. I assure you, I am as flesh and blood as you are. I simply find personal meetings - distasteful.

(talking about operations, droids not functioning in Jekk'Jekk Tarr = no eyes for Goto, all jackings were by droids, Bith scientist killed by droid, and stuffs)

B: I think you used droids in your operations because you are a droid.

A: Indeed? How insulting. But I suppose I should accept such arrogance from an ex-Jedi. And what, may I ask, has caused you to come to this flawed deduction?

B: Something about Visquis and the Jekk'Jekk Tarr is what made me think of it. The way you said "organic."

A: An expression only.

B: Is it? The identifier wasn't necessary, yet you felt the need to use it.

A: ...

B: Normally, I would attribute such a slip to...human...memory, but one of your annoying traits is that you seem to remember everything.

(not that important stuff)

B: The first Republic droid intelligence intended for Citadel Station was lost. Or was it?

A: ...It was lost, yes. It was given an impossible order................................

B: So what did this "droid" do?

A: It made a simple.......................................

B: So you are the droid intended for Citadel Station.

A: Yes. Immediately.....................................................

was this in a file or from him saying it

he tells you everything. during my last darkside play through he admitted everything to me aboard the ebon hawk (since i never take him off the ship).

haha. i don't take him off the ship either.

i never got him to gimme so much info...the most i ever got was from Atton when i made him a jedi...

Why didn't we get the option to scrap him after he reveals that he is the Exchange boss in person? I had have a bone to pick with him...

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

YOU NEVER TAKE HIM OFF OF THE SHIP!!! That's crazy! On my last playthrough, I played a Dark Side Male and Nar Shaddaa was my first planet after Telos, therefore, I had GO-TO for a relatively long time. I took him to Dxun and needless to say he was a badass! He has that droid module that only GO-TO can use, and it gives him Imp. Power Blast, Imp. Rapid Shot, and Imp. Sniper Shot. Let me tell you, he can lay down the hurt. Hell, I used him to raid Freedon Naad's Tomb. I like some of the stuff that he says during combat; mildly humorous stuff here and there. GO-TO's one of my favorites simply because of his combat ability and his evilness.

Hey, that reminds me; what are all of the situations were you can earn infuence points with him?

Please note the: (I just now loaded up KOTOR, opened an old save, talked to Goto about it, and copied the more important bits of the log by hand, and I hate writing by hand, so be happy with this...) that was at the very beginning of my post. I already had near-max influence on that file, as I brought him along for influence raising things to get that dialogue, though I never bothered using him in combat, much.

can you quote him at all?

With just 3 influence increases you get his... err....it's whole story - GO-TO is the missing Ithorian droid from Telos, who no one knows how become the big badass of the Exchange. Extremely stupid indeed. And he posts a reward for capturing you just to tak to you to save the Republic, but tells you the Republic cannot be saved because the destruction of Pegasus. And of course the destruction of Pegasus happened because of his reward for you... And why the hell he will post a reward for you - "enough big to buy a whole planet" when he could just send his hologram to talk to you? And how he(it) did find out about you and when the rewar is posted, when the first assassn droid found out you by chance? No one knew about you and you were Mr None until Pegassus?

This whole thing is the stupidest story I've ever heard:-(

And how he(it) did find out about you and when the rewar is posted, when the first assassn droid found out you by chance? No one knew about you and you were Mr None until Pegassus?

This whole thing is the stupidest story I've ever heard:-(

Remember, on the Harbinger, if you did any kind of investigating, the crew knew about your exiled status. The admiral mentioned in the holocord that it was extremely important that you make it to Telos, so he could speak to you personally.

The first assassin droid did indeed find out about you by chance, but it wasn't as far fetched as you make it sound. If you talked to GO-TO at all about the HK-50 assassin droids, he tells you that they are employed by the Republic posing as protocol droids. The first HK-50 tells you that he was on the Harbinger as the captain's personal protocol droid. The Harbinger picked you up for reasons unknown, as of now. So, are you saying "what are the odds that that HK-50 would find the exile?" or "what are the odds that any HK-50 would encounter the exile?" because as long as the exile was picked up by a Republic ship, the odds of any HK-50 finding the exile are pretty damn good.

Not ALL of the HK-50's are working for GO-TO, however, all of the HK-50's are likely to be linked to a central droid network, if one of them is looking for a specific target, one of the others could report it to all of the others.

I didn't get anywhere with Influence so from what I saw I just thought he was a droid used for communication and that G0-T0 was just a gimic (and for easy ID of a party member).

I did get suspicious when the Droid continued to work wherever I went and also the fact that Goto would not be on his own luxury yacht.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I never got him to cough up all that info, but him being the droid was fairly obvious to me nevertheless. All that talk about probabilities and calculations and referring to the droid as "me" instead of "my droid", not to mention the implausibility of the droid being remote controlled and Goto ready to talk with the player all the time. Him being the droid intelligence meant for Telos, that's interesting.

Think you could if you wanted to influence is highly Trickered by your charisma as some of the game tips, describe if you have a high charisma succeeds in influencing others are higher, less it completely contradict what they wish to talk about, example found talking about Atris with handmaiden when you get her right after telos easier than when you gained influence with her, i imagine it has something to do with her interest in you, therefore she my fall off with having to talk about atris feeling for you in past, since she dont want to compromise a possible relationship with you.

(must have been alot of work pasteing together all those string to correspont so well together)

what all can you say and do in order to earn influence points with GO-TO?

Agree with it all the time. It is fanatical Republican, so anything positive about serving the republic, no matter the cost (good or evil) is sure way to gain influence. I think I maxed influence during one loooong chat session.

I like G0-T0, best villain in the game.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

He's also very greedy, so situations in which you can gain or save credits gains influence..

When you rig the merchant droid on Onderon to get better prices he approves (actually, he can help you rig the droid) and when you return the atmospheric sensors to the guy on Dantooine he haggles to get more credits out of the guy which I'm pretty sure got me more influence with him.

It's strange though because while GoTO is evil he approves of you helping out the Republic, so doing pro-Republic things (and the resulting LS points) gets influence with him, and doing anti-Republic things (which gets you DS points) loses influence with GOTO.

It's strange though because while GoTO is evil he approves of you helping out the Republic, so doing pro-Republic things (and the resulting LS points) gets influence with him, and doing anti-Republic things (which gets you DS points) loses influence with GOTO.

It's not strange. GOTO has no interest in the Force at all. He just wants the whole damn thing over with so he can get back to business as usual. Since the Sith of this era have no positive agenda at all -- unlike when Revan led them -- he has to side with the Republic.

"It's not strange. GOTO has no interest in the Force at all. He just wants the whole damn thing over with so he can get back to business as usual. Since the Sith of this era have no positive agenda at all -- unlike when Revan led them -- he has to side with the Republic."

Uh, no. While it's true that G0-T0 doesn't give a damn about the Force, he is always going to side with the Republic - he is, afterall, programmed to save it.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!