Appeal to the devs

Devs,

I know that you are very busy developing NWN2, which is a good thing... And I know that in the patch of KOTOR 2 you do not intend to make any changes to the game system most likely... But I'd like to ask you a simple favor that would benefit a lot of people here.

You see, a lot of people take weapon finesse: lightsabers and invest on DEX instead of STR, specially consulars. And it's also consulars who end up later on taking the weapon master path,to balance out the number of feats and to add a little to their combat. So my request is a simple one, probably very easy to implement: Could we please have +3 DEX instead of +3 STR upon light mastery if the person has taken the weapon finesse: lightsaber feat? Because it really doesnt help any to have +3 STR on a character thats totally DEX based.

If I am not asking for too much as it is, can you also please review the balance between single saber and dual/staff? Maybe increasing the bonus of taking dueling would solve the problem, because as it is, dual/staff always wins over single.

Thanks. :D

Devs,

I know that you are very busy developing NWN2, which is a good thing... And I know that in the patch of KOTOR 2 you do not intend to make any changes to the game system most likely... But I'd like to ask you a simple favor that would benefit a lot of people here.

You see, a lot of people take weapon finesse: lightsabers and invest on DEX instead of STR, specially consulars. And it's also consulars who end up later on taking the weapon master path,to balance out the number of feats and to add a little to their combat. So my request is a simple one, probably very easy to implement: Could we please have +3 DEX instead of +3 STR upon light mastery if the person has taken the weapon finesse: lightsaber feat? Because it really doesnt help any to have +3 STR on a character thats totally DEX based.

If I am not asking for too much as it is, can you also please review the balance between single saber and dual/staff? Maybe increasing the bonus of taking dueling would solve the problem, because as it is, dual/staff always wins over single.

Thanks. :D

Just become a DS Sentinel or Sith Assassin to have the +3 DEX. But even if you don't want to go DS there are a ton of items in the game that make your DEX go through the roof.

Could we please have +3 DEX instead of +3 STR upon light mastery if the person has taken the weapon finesse: lightsaber feat?

How does it determine what you recieve? Because I first recieved +3 STR, then lost my mastery, then regained it, only I got +3 CON instead of STR....

It depends on your class...let me guess, were you a Guardian/Watchman?

Could we please have +3 DEX instead of +3 STR upon light mastery if the person has taken the weapon finesse: lightsaber feat?

How does it determine what you recieve? Because I first recieved +3 STR, then lost my mastery, then regained it, only I got +3 CON instead of STR....

Guardians and Weapon Masters = +3 STR

Sentinels and Watchmen = +3 CON

Consulars and Masters = +3 WIS

My request is simple: in case of a dex based guardian/weapon master (weapon finesse feat), replace the +3 STR with +3 DEX... i cant see how this would cause any harm.

Finesse only gives you your dex bonus to hit, high strength still gives you bonuses to damage, so theres still a benefit. I agree there needs to be some balance adjusting for single vs dual weapons

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg