Thorium Charges

Ashe

Everyone always claims you can get thorium charges off of Akkere at Khoonda. I've talked to him before and after joining the militia, after the attack, and after I've done all the planets. I've checked all his dialogue options and his sales list. At no point has he had, or offered me any thorium charges. I'm playing LS, so I'd rather not just kill him. Is there some obscure little dialogue option I'm missing, do I have to trigger certain other events first, or is this just another bug?

You have to kill him and loot his remains if you want the charges. The only other place where they can be found are in Korriban, but those are needed to blow up the door in Master Uthar's room.

Sorry, this is incorrect.

To get the thorium charges without killing Akkerre, you need to ask him to join the militia *before* you find his hydrospanner (I am not sure if the dialogue option shows up if you've already found it). Since you aren't holding his scam over his head, he'll offer to join the militia if you buy his thorium charges for 1000 credits. Considering how easy credits are to come by in this game, I tend to think it's worth it.

You have to kill him and loot his remains if you want the charges. The only other place where they can be found are in Korriban, but those are needed to blow up the door in Master Uthar's room.

Sorry, this is incorrect.

To get the thorium charges without killing Akkerre, you need to ask him to join the militia *before* you find his hydrospanner (I am not sure if the dialogue option shows up if you've already found it). Since you aren't holding his scam over his head, he'll offer to join the militia if you buy his thorium charges for 1000 credits. Considering how easy credits are to come by in this game, I tend to think it's worth it.

Sorry, it is correct. Sometimes he gives them to me if he joins the militia, sometimes he doesn't. But if you want a guarantee of charges just kill him.

I had the same problem with Akkere not giving me the Thorium Charges, perhaps because I didn't do things in the correct order, etc., but I did notice that when I got the charges on Korriban and then used them on the cache on Dxun....that I still had them in inventory. Hmmm......yet another bug? Perhaps this is another example of the inventory bug.....where things show up in the inventory list that aren't really there.....?

Hammer.

Sorry, it is correct. Sometimes he gives them to me if he joins the militia, sometimes he doesn't. But if you want a guarantee of charges just kill him.

Not to gainsay you, but I've never had any trouble getting the charges from him; I just make sure to ask him to join the militia before I repair the war droids. But hell, that's the nature of this game, isn't it? One man's never-fail strategy is another man's unfixable glitch. :thumbsup: Ask me about getting all the Telos bounties sometime ... I have yet to see those work.