Odd Bug with the end sequence

I finished playing through the game as a lightside male not too long ago and ran into an odd bug. It has to do with the end scene while talking with Kria.

My problem is that the dialogue jumps ahead without any spoken lines. That means that i can only choose my response and read the last line of kria's answering dialogue. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem (and there's no previous topics like this that i could find with a search) but if someone can suggest something to me that'd be great.

I finished playing through the game as a lightside male not too long ago and ran into an odd bug. It has to do with the end scene while talking with Kria.

My problem is that the dialogue jumps ahead without any spoken lines. That means that i can only choose my response and read the last line of kria's answering dialogue. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem (and there's no previous topics like this that i could find with a search) but if someone can suggest something to me that'd be great.

Actually several of us have, and you should count yourself lucky you only got it in the ending! I and others got it consistantly throughout the game. At present, there is no way to fix it, but it seems to get more frequent the longer you run the game, so if you encounter it, just exit the game altogether and restart it. Not much else you can do, really except wait for a patch that fixes it.

FYI, it was a bug in KotOR 1 that was fixed in the second patch. Strange that Obsidian never bothered to go through the buglists of the previous game to make sure those bugs were not present...

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Actually several of us have, and you should count yourself lucky you only got it in the ending! I and others got it consistantly throughout the game. At present, there is no way to fix it, but it seems to get more frequent the longer you run the game, so if you encounter it, just exit the game altogether and restart it. Not much else you can do, really except wait for a patch that fixes it.

FYI, it was a bug in KotOR 1 that was fixed in the second patch. Strange that Obsidian never bothered to go through the buglists of the previous game to make sure those bugs were not present...

Obsidian used the pre-patch source code since the game was in development even before the first KotOR was released.

Obsidian used the pre-patch source code since the game was in development even before the first KotOR was released.

I know that. If they were using a post-patch version, they wouldn't need to go through the buglists to check for the bugs, because they would already be fixed. My point was that since they were using a pre-patch engine, it is only common sense that the bugs that were fixed in the KotOR 1 patches would still be present in the KotOR 2 engine. Thus, it strikes me as strange (and stupid) that Obsidian did not go through the buglists of the KotOR 1 patches to make sure these bugs would not appear in KotOR 2. I'm sure if they had asked Bioware nicely, Bioware would even have told them where to find the bugs so they could fix their version of the engine.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!