5th Asian Male Face

Since when does the dark side turn people grey anyway? Except for Palpatine and (some) of the people in the KotOR games, I can't remember a single darksider that looked like that. It rather annoys me, I might add. If they want to change something, just change the eyes (windows of the soul blah blah). But leave the skin and hair alone. If it was that easy to tell if people were dark or light, things would be a lot easier for the jedi.

well, I think it's because they wanna add more emphasis. It isn't everyone that's turns their skin gray when they turn to the dark side. Look at all of the dark jedi and dark jedi apprentices that u kill in the game. Guaranteed that they don't have some screwed up skin or eyes. It's only the more important people, like malak with his jaw, vader, palpatine with his skin and eyes (which is what people immediatley equate to dark side now), and maul with his horns and tatoos. Screwed up bodies are things that are reserved for the most extreme dark jedi, so it just makes sense that if the PC decides to go down the dark side, he should get something screwed up, and apparently grey and darked skin and those yellow eyes are the way to go, because you assume that as the PC you have some major influence like the dark jedi of the past and future had.

Bleuch. I don't think Malak or Vader made concious decisions along the lines of "wouldn't I look totally badass if I was missing a body part?", and since he got "t3h ugly", I bet Palapatine has a whole lot less friends than he did when he looked normal. And if you've got no pals, you're probably not cool. Darth Maul, I admit, looked cool, but he didn't look dead. And Darth Tyrannus (Dooku) didn't look like a zombie, so in a sense even some important people look like they've still got a circulatory system.

Also, the other characters in the game also get Sith skin when they get evil, so it is hardly marking you out as important...

In fact, the whole ugly dark jedi thing strikes me as the exact opposite of what you'd expect. After all, vanity is something you'd be more likely to find in a Sith than a Jedi, right? And the Sith give in to their emotions and revel in them while the Jedi deny them, One of the most powerful of emotions in humans, if not most races, is lust.

It seems to me that if anything, a Sith should be more concerned about how they look as they fall to the dark side.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Bleuch.  I don't think Malak or Vader made concious decisions along the lines of "wouldn't I look totally badass if I was missing a body part?", and since he got "t3h ugly", I bet Palapatine has a whole lot less friends than he did when he looked normal.  And if you've got no pals, you're probably not cool.  Darth Maul, I admit, looked cool, but he didn't look dead.  And Darth Tyrannus (Dooku) didn't look like a zombie, so in a sense even some important people look like they've still got a circulatory system.

Also, the other characters in the game also get Sith skin when they get evil, so it is hardly marking you out as important...

In fact, the whole ugly dark jedi thing strikes me as the exact opposite of what you'd expect.  After all, vanity is something you'd be more likely to find in a Sith than a Jedi, right?  And the Sith give in to their emotions and revel in them while the Jedi deny them,  One of the most powerful of emotions in humans, if not most races, is lust.

It seems to me that if anything, a Sith should be more concerned about how they look as they fall to the dark side.

If you can control your power over the DS, then your face won't show it. But if you're overpowered in the DS (like Sidious, Revan, Exile) you can't control it and begin to show it in mediums other than your mind (ie your face).

Bleuch.  I don't think Malak or Vader made concious decisions along the lines of "wouldn't I look totally badass if I was missing a body part?", and since he got "t3h ugly", I bet Palapatine has a whole lot less friends than he did when he looked normal.  And if you've got no pals, you're probably not cool.  Darth Maul, I admit, looked cool, but he didn't look dead.  And Darth Tyrannus (Dooku) didn't look like a zombie, so in a sense even some important people look like they've still got a circulatory system.

In fact, the whole ugly dark jedi thing strikes me as the exact opposite of what you'd expect.  After all, vanity is something you'd be more likely to find in a Sith than a Jedi, right?  And the Sith give in to their emotions and revel in them while the Jedi deny them,  One of the most powerful of emotions in humans, if not most races, is lust.

If you can control your power over the DS, then your face won't show it. But if you're overpowered in the DS (like Sidious, Revan, Exile) you can't control it and begin to show it in mediums other than your mind (ie your face).

So why does Atton start to get the same condition when he goes dark? I can't imagine that he's all that powerful. And someone said something about Exar Kun not looking like that, wasn't he one of the most powerful Dark Siders?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!