After K3

Would you like to see a SW rpg set after the movies?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a SW rpg set after the movies?

• Yes
    • No
    • Get Stuffed

Well it really depends what you mean Sun_Tzu,

Are you referring to an RPG set in the established EU era of the New Republic (Like KotOR is supposed to be around the established era of Exar Kun, etc) this means any time period from Thrawn to the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Or do you mean just an RPG set after Return of the Jedi, in any timeframe?

If you are talking about inside the established timeframe of the EU I say no, especially if it's during the Yuuzhan Vong timeline, I wouldn't be interested in playing that.

However if you mean something like 4,000 years after Return of the Jedi, then I think there could be possibilities for an interesting storyline there. But that would still all depend what it would be about, how much post-RotJ EU stuff influences it and whether like KotOR they change things from the EU to better fit the storyline or they decide to just leave it exactly the same.

So my vote is a depends, if it's removed from the EU timeframe then maybe if it's set during then I'm not interested.

Hmm... a century later?

I'd rather see things closer to what we 'know' :p

If Jedi Academy had been a little better plotwise, I'd wonder about doing the same thing done with Revan in TSL, or something similar, to say if Jaden Korr was Male or Female, and human or not. Maybe bump into them as a fellow Knight/party NPC, also at Yavin. Katarn wouldn't be a party char, cause he's a master/instructor. :)

Well it really depends what you mean Sun_Tzu,

Are you referring to an RPG set in the established EU era of the New Republic (Like KotOR is supposed to be around the established era of Exar Kun, etc) this means any time period from Thrawn to the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Or do you mean just an RPG set after Return of the Jedi, in any timeframe?

If you are talking about inside the established timeframe of the EU I say no, especially if it's during the Yuuzhan Vong timeline, I wouldn't be interested in playing that.

However if you mean something like 4,000 years after Return of the Jedi, then I think there could be possibilities for an interesting storyline there. But that would still all depend what it would be about, how much post-RotJ EU stuff influences it and whether like KotOR they change things from the EU to better fit the storyline or they decide to just leave it exactly the same.

So my vote is a depends, if it's removed from the EU timeframe then maybe if it's set during then I'm not interested.

What i'm talking about is after the whole Yuuzhan Vong thing. Possible still in Luke lifetime but he would be head of the council and wouldn't be involved too much. Or maybe not too long after his death maybe 100 years or so.

And i too would like to have an actual padawan who you actually teach. Or even start by having a master, then you go off on your own and finnally take your own padawan but this would need the game to be much longer.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

No way a RPG after NR. The jedi there have all been developed already and all. There is not much you can do with them anymore unless you want to screenplay it very close to a book or something.

For Kyle Katarn (JK series) they incorporated a whole new storyline because the original one (having Luke steal the Deathstar plans) was just too thin to make a proper game of.

And besides what's wrong with the jedi of the KOTOR age? They rock even more imo because there were fewer restraints back then compared to the NR Jedi ie more than 1 padawan...as u could see in TSL , I had many padawans there..if there was to be a RPG for the NR this option would definitely be left out.

-jim

I'd like to see post-RotJ cRPG, but not epic like KotOR. Maybe something like stormtrooper trying to change his life after empires fall or some Hutt creating his crime empire. Well, I guess new academy Jedi would also work, but then you'd have to follow Kyle Katarn type of storyline (as seen in Dark Forces series - Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy). Nothing too epic, but plain old good adventure.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Hmm, I can't really see an epic post-RotJ story. There is already a lot of big stories at that timeframe already. A low fantasy treatment set in the shadow of some other EU story would work and I would love it, but I think most people would hate that. Most people want Star Wars stories be about saving/conquering the galaxy or something equally grand. Perhaps it could be a subtle story that would nevertheless affects the fate of the New Republic... The post-NJO idea is interesting but I'm not sure if I like that.

Personally, I'd like the Old Republic 2000-1000 BBY era (2000 years after KotOR) where the Sith rose once more and would have taken over the galaxy if it wasn't for their infighting. There isn't much written about that period AFAIK so there would be a lot of freedom for the storyline.

SODOFF Steam group.

I'd like to see it, I'm not familiar with the storyline besides the fact that Anakin Solo and Ben Skywalker are in it, maybe if it took place when they are grown up.

The Old Republic -1000 sounds good too.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

if its a new pc, i just hope he/she isnt the third "chosen one" type character. so far the two pcs (revan and exile) have been the type of character that was the only hope for the galaxy and had some kind of immense potential or power in the force. id like to see just an "average" jedi who has to get by on teamwork with his npc party, and smarts.

i know that might be difficult to implement in a story when, all things being considered, the pc will end up being the saviour. but somehow i want them to work it where he can still be the saviour without having to be a "chosen one" type character.

I'd like to see it, I'm not familiar with the storyline besides the fact that Anakin Solo and Ben Skywalker are in it, maybe if it took place when they are grown up.

The Old Republic -1000 sounds good too.

That would be difficult, especially as Anakin Solo dies on Yarvin 4.

As i have said a reasonable time after the NJO period would be good.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

And besides what's wrong with the jedi of the KOTOR age? They rock even more  imo because there were fewer restraints back then compared to the NR Jedi ie more than 1 padawan...as u could see in TSL , I had many padawans there..if there was to be a RPG for the NR this option would definitely be left out.

-jim

I would say that you did not have any padawans, all you had were people you could make jedi. There was no master/student relationship there. This is what i'd like to see more of in the next game. Like what happens with you and Kreia, except it is you doing the teaching.

Now I haven't read through all of the NJO yet I am on Force Heretic III right now, but wouldn't a game in that timeline be called:

Knights of the Galactic Alliance? As far as I had read the New Republic had fallen to squabling delegates and Luke and the new Prime Minister dubbed the new grouping of the Chiss, Empire and most of what had once been the New Republic, the Galactic Alliance. Or had it gone back to being called the New Republic at the end of the Yuuzhan Vong war? >_<

KotGA.

I have not read the last books yet but i think it stayed as the Glalactic Alliance.

I wouldn't mind seeing one in the post ROTJ era, provided it took place far out on the outskirts, with absolutely no connection to the actual movies other than by names, or obviously the empire or something. Kinda like TSL where the republic was there, but you had almost no interaction with it or the main characters. Of course the chance of going to Endor and hunting ewok is very tempting...

post-1139-1109698202.gif Seems to be quite a bit of support for a NJO or Post NJO SW rpg.