After K3

Would you like to see a SW rpg set after the movies?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a SW rpg set after the movies?

• Yes
    • No
    • Get Stuffed

I have heard many conflicting opinions on whether people would like to see a new jedi order rpg so i thought we could have a poll to see if there are more people for or against.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Yes, but only after the KOTOR series is concluded(Given a good ending that resolves everything).

I agree and that is why the topic title is 'After K3'. :ninja:

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Knights of the New Republic?

I would bet on that too.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

KotOR is one of the clues of my personnal rule about licensed games: the far the game is from the license, the best it is. So a Star Wars RPG which story would be set just after the movie could be not so good. And it should respect the Extended Universe instead of creating it at this period. So no and may we never see this happen.

I say if there was to be one set after the movies that it should be set 1000 years or more after them that way there is no chance of running into current characters in the EU, plus they would have a little more freedom as to whats going on compaired to the current time period.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Well, so far it seems that the majority would like to see a rpg set in the NJO period, or after it.

The future would be ok as set 1000 years. But I thought GL is thinking about making movies 7-9.(Could be wrong)

I would reaally like to play starwars game when the jedi order just starting. Or even before the jedi order was thought of. Maybe there where 3 or 4 force user cults. :p

I know little of the post-RotJ EU but what I do know of it suggests "kinda lame" to me. So, no, get stuffed :lol:

Set 1000 years or more after so it can't run into any EU material, yeah sure, fine, except -- there's still that Star Wars license lying around, so there'll still be arbitrary restrictions, irritations, and so on. Better the devs made up their own high-tech fantasy setting instead if you ask me, eliminate the baggage entirely :(

The Star Wars license no longer needs redeeming by making games set in that setting, after all. That's been done already by the KOTOR series :)

Edit: Movies 7-9? Well, if you feel like having a seizure, here are the supposed scripts for Episodes 7-9 (this has got to have been posted before, but heck...) :p

*cough*

The future would be ok as set 1000 years. But I thought GL is thinking about making movies 7-9.(Could be wrong)

I would reaally like to play starwars game when the jedi order just starting. Or even before the jedi order was thought of. Maybe there where 3 or 4 force user cults. :p

I would like to play in a period when you are responsible for building the jedi order (or sith).

As far as Esp 7-9, i don't think he is planning to do so but you know GL. post-1139-1109356469.gif

I would reaally like to play starwars game when the jedi order just starting. Or even before the jedi order was thought of. Maybe there where 3 or 4 force user cults. :wub:

I would like to play in a period when you are responsible for building the jedi order (or sith).

As far as Esp 7-9, i don't think he is planning to do so but you know GL. post-1139-1109356469.gif

I'd like a time when you're the master of the Jedi Council/Sith and you have an apprentice.

I think I read an article somewhere where someone asked someone from Lucasarts about a knights of the new republic game. I think that someone said something along the lines of George doesn't want intellectual properties related to the new republic for the NEAR future.

Of course, with all the qualifying that I made in the above paragraph, I leave open the possibility that this could be all hallucination from the flu that I currently have.

He probably didn't get the financial windfall he expected from Bush's tax cuts and needs to make another trilogy so he has enough money to keep the Hall of Doom afloat.

id like to see another series set anytime it wont conflict with already established stuff from the movies.

for example, the "revan/exile saga" is, what, 4000 years before episode iv? so i wouldnt mind seeing another series set maybe 2000 years later. that way its far enough after the kotor series that there is freedom to write a completely new story, and far enough before the prequel movies that it doesnt step on any toes.

or, i would like to see a series set much after return of the jedi, possibly 200 or more years. again so that it has as much freedom as possible without having to worry about ruining existing stuff.

I'd like a time when you're the master of the Jedi Council/Sith and you have an apprentice.

This sort of Happens on Kotor2 if you think about it.

What I wouldn't mind is if you are already an established jedi LS or DS who has a padawan. The choices that you make are locked withing LS for LS and DS for DS with subtle variations. These variations would determine whether or not your padawan rejects you at the end of the game and attacks you.

Have you ever heard of Yuuzyan Vong (I probbably spelled it incorectlly) books ?

They tell the story of the children of Luke, Leia, Han and others. I guess you could put a game in that perioid - it differs from the world known in the films ....

That's the NJO...and I don't think it would be a good idea to put an RPG in its surroundings because of the LOTR syndrome when you begin to compare the differences between the books and the game and continuity issues rise.

And why did I just compare NJO to LOTR? :wub:

I'd also like to have an apprentice in a new game. But a real proper apprentice, not completely turning him into a jedi in 5 minutes. But the throughout the game, teaching him, steering him etc having great influence over his actions. This would also work well if they did more of those split-party missions, your padawan leading one group, and you the other. They could take the learning thing really deep, like there would actually be challenges throughout the game and you have to decide if your padawan is experienced enough to undertake them. The time period doesn't really matter for me that much, I doubt there would be THAT much of a difference between KOTOR and KOTNR.

having an rpg after the movies would turn out crap.

not only would the threat from the sith or empire be minimal but we would get another crappy DS and LS ending like JA (which sucked big time) and there would really be no point cos actually coming up with a suitable and plausable story plot is near impossible.