The Lopsided Love Story

Actually had huge fears about Atton taking all the love attension when i first heard about his character and being in the game, but i actually came to like him alot his a very well developed character with alot of personality unlike many of the others.

A thought there were very little love or romances in the game in general also alot of paradocs like if you DS and said when handmaidens first came aboard ship that you dont trust her, then when Visas marr joins, handmaiden flips out berserk saying something like "you trust her but not me, followed by i am not speaking to you again", also a some point Visas marr and handmaiden has i huge fight over you, i was thinking when viewing it, theres gonna be blood.

When playing light side male they both accept you flirting around with them both which makes absolutely no sense compared to the other, Third wheels?

Was surprised how little of romance that could be with Mira however i dont know if its because of the talks with Kreia that triggers some string blocks, but seeing Mira first time she was a definite first choice.

Kreia i thought was the one that end the end actually proved to be the one loving you the most of all, doing everything in her power to stop you as DS from becoming a slave to the force.

But in general i had hoped there were more in linie of true love, something building up slowly in the game also to take something to add into the game rather than mindless chopping through enemies, sure its fun but relaxing with romances in between is passion :p, wished there be more love like Baldurs Gate 2 where the relationship builds throughout the game, rather than a few Dialogue Strings in the beginning then having to wait for end game to get more.

And what about Atris dont you get a chance to declare love to her, its obvious they cared alot for each other ones or Atris did at least, why else would she go totally berserk on handmaiden, Saying something in the ways off: "Did you Love him, did you Touch him while firing Lightning on her".

Would have been awesome if after your fight with her she broke down, and opened herself declaring her feelings for her if you choose, that way in dialogue with the handmaiden, where she asked if you had a relationship with her ones.

I havent played female yet, but viewing the male romances i surspect the female ones might be in pretty bad shape to.

Basically, it's a "light" darkside ending, where Revan redeems herself by killing Bastila and redeeming herself.

This is why Carth shows up out of nowhere at the end of the game when you play the DS-female story line.

And, it actually makes more sense...  I mean, the old ending is, "kill Carth or let him go"  Yeesh. :)

"let him go"? You can't even do that as DS female... no matter what you choose, Carth gets killed, either by you or Bastila. :( Before I had realized there was a cut ending, I always thought "gee, what a waste; it sounds like he has something important to say but Bastila cuts him off and you never hear it.... and oop, now he's dead. :p"

From what I can remember, you can choose to let him go, and he just flies away and says he'll find some way of helping you.

Of course, I might just be mixing things up. :)

About Mira's dialogue teasing you with Disciple, You can always choose the 'I rather stab myself with a lightsaber but before I do that, I'll stab him first" option. It appeared to me when I play a DSF if i remember correctly.

I'm replaying to see what happens if I do Dantooine last/ignore Disciple anyways. Same thing was with Mira in my first game. I did Nar Shadda last & did nothing with her dialogue(s).

My hope is that the romancey options for Prettyboy won't be triggerd so I can have nice cutscenes with Atton isntead. >_<

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I'm replaying to see what happens if I do Dantooine last/ignore Disciple anyways. Same thing was with Mira in my first game. I did Nar Shadda last & did nothing with her dialogue(s).

My hope is that the romancey options for Prettyboy won't be triggerd so I can have nice cutscenes with Atton isntead. :)

Actually, I think most of the interesting cut scenes with Atton appear when you have Disciple with a high influence as well. Let us know if you see anything new, though.

When I played as a male character who had mastered the lightside, I still couldn't get Handmaiden to talk to me after rescuing Visas! I tried my best to placate her, but she refused to talk to me, either on or off the Ebon Hawk.

My hope is that the romancey options for Prettyboy won't be triggerd so I can have nice cutscenes with Atton isntead. :)

Actually, I think most of the interesting cut scenes with Atton appear when you have Disciple with a high influence as well. Let us know if you see anything new, though.

What scene? "Meditation Envy"? When they argue/make up?

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

Other:

Hey, can anyone tell me where I can find Carth in TSL ? *Please* I must have missed it. I just can't understand how this could happen! I had a LS female in Kotor I and have to know it!!

Hey, can anyone tell me where I can find Carth in TSL ? *Please* I must have missed it. I just can't understand how this could happen! I had a LS female in  Kotor I and have to know it!!

You can see a holorecording of him on one of the Harbinger computer consoles early in the game. Later, after you go to Telos surface, Lt. Gren on Citadel station talks to Carth about how you escaped. And finally, toward the end, Carth gives you a sentimental message to relay to Revan. I think this may only happen if (a) you are playing LS female, and (b) you told Atton that Revan was a LS female.

Yeah, even moreso with how K2 adds to the K1 romance...  I mean, it sounded like Carth was just starting to get comfy with the whole love thing by the end (LS ending), but in K2 he cares about Revan exponentially more.  With T3's recording of him and his own request from you about Revan, he's got a very touching/bittersweet/desperate love thing going on.

Whaaaaat? T3's recording of Carth?! Doh, I missed that the first time around (didn't fix T3 up all the way)... Hmm, does this option come up right after you repair T3 fully, or is triggered by planet or something? I managed to fix him up completely this time (got the meditation option) but haven't seen any Carth holo yet. Sigh, Carth was the only guy who was could actually be called a romantic figure in KoTOR 2 as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

the romance options for either gender leave much to the imagination. The males still get a bit more in the end though.

that could be a compliment to girls .. they apperantly don't need to have things spelled out to them! :lol:

also, guys like it when there isn't much left for imagination .. hehe

Fortune favors the bald.

I thought the reason for the romances being kind of weak was because you were directly influencing them. Remember Kreia's revelation about how you are a leader and the path you walk is one followed by those with you? It's the same reason why when I played a lightside male, I had Mandalore's Light/Dark bar up in the lightside. I thought it was really strange until Kreia said that my unique power to form bonds with others was what was causing it.

Similarly, when I spoke to Visas just before the battle with Darth Nihilus, you have the option of telling her that what she feels for me is just a strong force bond. Because of her uniqueness, she sees past it, but I can't imagine the Handmaiden, or the males in the female run-through would be so insightful about your power over them. So what I'm trying to say is that the romances are weak because they aren't really genuine, but a result of forming such strong force bonds with those who accompany you.

Just a thought, anyway.

In my current game I've got a higher influence with Atton than with Disciple (I haven't even bothered to make him a Jedi, just Atton, Mira, and Bao-Dur). I keep approaching Mira every once in awhile to try to get that convo about Atton and the Exile being "intimate" but it doesn't happen. I got it when I had higher influence with Disciple in a different game, but not Atton.

In my current game I've got a higher influence with Atton than with Disciple (I haven't even bothered to make him a Jedi, just Atton, Mira, and Bao-Dur). I keep approaching Mira every once in awhile to try to get that convo about Atton and the Exile being "intimate" but it doesn't happen. I got it when I had higher influence with Disciple in a different game, but not Atton.

Aaargh, I still can't get this conversation either. I wonder if being LS or DS matters? Or perhaps when you ask is important... like maybe you can't trigger it later in the game or something. For the people that got this coversation, were Mira and Atton jedis by then for you, or not? Maybe that's a factor too. I've gotten Atton/Mira's "Meditation Envy" conversation, but not this one.

I even tried purposely losing influence with Disciple, but no effect. (I find it interesting that, as soon as you're noticeably DS, Disciple confronts you with it, and no matter what you seem to tell him, you lose influence... but you can snap at Atton when he confronts you with it and you don't lose any. o:) )

I even tried purposely losing influence with Disciple, but no effect.  (I find it interesting that, as soon as you're noticeably DS, Disciple confronts you with it, and no matter what you seem to tell him, you lose influence... but you can snap at Atton when he confronts you with it and you don't lose any.  o:) )

That's because Atton's a real man.

Anyway, if you're playing DS then I can confirm your alignment doesn't have an effect on it because I'm doing LS now and that convo still won't come up. I too have intentionally lost influence with Disciple just to be sure Atton was the only one. Sometimes this game is so frustrating!

That's because Atton's a real man.

Not that is the blunt truth. :lol:

I've downloaded KSE, the save game editor, just in case Disciple gets ahead of Atton. But I'm going to do Dantooine last, and ignore him. I've already made Atton a Jedi, too. ^_^. (Meaning he's gonna be WAY ahead in the Infulence Dept.) In my first game, I did Dantooine first, not knowing of the consequences. So yeah, I've got a basic plan... plus finishing my Male LS game. Oh thank god for weekends.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

Other:

What scene? "Meditation Envy"? When they argue/make up?

Yeah, the scene where Atton confronts Disciple about his messages to the fleet, where they argue and make up, and meditation envy. But if you get some others when you just have Atton influenced please say what you saw. :lol:

Oh, when I mentioned Meditation Envy, I meant the Mira/Atton scene where Mira's saying Atton's jealous that Disciple is meditating with Exile, and that she can tell something's going on in his head that he doesn't want to tell the Exile. hee hee...

I love his response too:

"Why don't you go sit on a rocket?"

Actually, I think most of the interesting cut scenes with Atton appear when you have Disciple with a high influence as well.  Let us know if you see anything new, though.

I was wondering about this, because my 2nd play I went to Nar Shadaa first so I could get Atton's influence as high as possible before heading out to Dantooine. I actually didn't get the scenes between Atton and Disciple even though my influence was in the positive for both (but higher with Atton). *shrugs* I did manage to get the "Meditation Envy" and "Power-coupling" dialogs and the one with Bao-Dur and Atton as well.

The first time I played, I went to Dantooine first and Nar Shadaa last (not knowing any better) and I missed the entire Atton "romance". :) Instead I had stalker-boy Disciple as my loyal hound. He really was a little creepy :ph34r: but he made for a heck of a good melee fighter.

As for the female romance options being lacking, I'd have to agree. I still can't figure out where the romance parts are sometimes (besides the dialogs between party members in cut-scenes). Kind of a disappointment coming from the Carth romance in Kotor1. I'm hoping that they did this to set us up for something great in K3. *crosses fingers* I loved Atton's character and I think that there's great potential there. :lol:

I was wondering about this, because my 2nd play I went to Nar Shadaa first so I could get Atton's influence as high as possible before heading out to Dantooine.  I actually didn't get the scenes between Atton and Disciple even though my influence was in the positive for both (but higher with Atton).  *shrugs*  I did manage to get the "Meditation Envy" and "Power-coupling" dialogs and the one with Bao-Dur and Atton as well. 

I think you have to have more influence with Disciple than Atton to get their "arguing" dialogues.

I don't think Disciple is creepy, I just think he's blah.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords