The Lopsided Love Story

Not only that, but his gigantic teeth drive me nuts... can't he file those down or something?  :lol:

Wow, you're being generous with that comment there. Atton may be the scoundrel, but Disciple's the one with the stupid face. <_<

If I could, I would've politely asked him to put a bag over his head.

QUICK! Somebody make a mod for said equipable item! It would be good for those players who hate Kreia too. lol.

lol. i played as a male PC and i can't say the romance was that great...

visas- this thing where she asks you to stay w/ her forever...and all u can say is i'll stay w/ u as long as i can. and then you get this cut-scene of this force thingy. i don't know what it is

handmaiden- i dunno

mira- you're too old. if we share a bunk, then the girls would get mad, and then i'll have to beat them up.

but at least visas says she loves you :p

I'm just starting my first planet as a guy and I'm starting to see some improvements... but Nar Shadda was the second to last planet I did, so that may explain the lack-of-Atton? But seriously... Disciple weirded me out...

I love you, Disciple!

...kept me laughing.

And I talked to Kreia after seeing Visas and she said that mating comment when I don't even know if I can stand her yet and I saw the "charging up her cargo (loading?) ramp" line and started cracking up. Where are those lines for Female Exhile?! <_<

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

is it safe to assume that the writers of this game have no idea of Romance?

Because male or female there was such huge potential for so many amazing Romances. Like if you're male, helping Visas find the light, or if you're female, helping Atton gain his redemption for his sins. They could have made the game soo much better but they butchered the Romance, hopefully if there is one KOTOR3 will have a Romance plot to beat all Romance plots.

The worst thing is, you never know if he loved you or not until you listen to Kreia's premonitions of the future. There should've been something. I know this particular point would have been solved with the ending that had been planned, however.

And since Kreia lies that whole thing may not have been true anyway ;)"

I agree tho the male romance even tho wasnt as good as the first was still a lot better than the female.....

hopefully if there is one KOTOR3 will have a Romance plot to beat all Romance plots.

Beating the K1 romance will be hard...

Yeah, even moreso with how K2 adds to the K1 romance... I mean, it sounded like Carth was just starting to get comfy with the whole love thing by the end (LS ending), but in K2 he cares about Revan exponentially more. With T3's recording of him and his own request from you about Revan, he's got a very touching/bittersweet/desperate love thing going on.

The worst thing is, you never know if he loved you or not until you listen to Kreia's premonitions of the future. There should've been something. I know this particular point would have been solved with the ending that had been planned, however.

And since Kreia lies that whole thing may not have been true anyway :)"

I agree tho the male romance even tho wasnt as good as the first was still a lot better than the female.....

Kreia (the bastard) never gives you a straight answer, but there are at least several moments when it's obvious he loves you... when the Exile isn't there to witness them, anyway.

One is when he nags Bao-Dur about whether he'd have a chance with the Exile, the other is when he's jealous of the Exile meditating with Disciple and Mira suspects something's up. Then of course you have that "I saw her first" line that I can't seem to get since my influence with him is too high. ;)

Unfortunately, I played K2 with the very first ending I did for K1, DS Female. I didn't complete the Carth romance properly so he ended up running away on the Unknown World. Can someone briefly outline what Carth says in K2 if you say that Revan was LS?

He basically reveals how he's been waiting for Revan to return for four years. He stayed behind for the Republic's sake only because Revan asked him to, and he did it because he loved her. He goes over very briefly how they met, and then how she had felt compelled to leave to finish something she remembered from her past.

As a last request before you leave, he asks that if you find Revan to tell her that he is still waiting for her. :(

It's a very touching scene... sorta inspired me to start illustrating it.

Also, if you repair T3 to the max, there is a holovid of Carth asking T3 to try and help Revan and to come back for help if something goes wrong.

You can also get this holovid if you chose Revan to be DS, but he'll instead say that he's going to try to save her from herself and that if he fails, he'll need T3 to go get help. The DS message is obviously before he gets killed (or dies with Revan in the cut ending), so that one's kinda sad. ;_;

With the female PC - nothing. It's like the dev's said to themselves - "oh yeah, girls might play this game too. We should throw them a bone or two."

Indeed >_< Does this tie in with 'charging up her cargo ramp'? (w00t)

You're feeble skills are no match for the power of the Bumfluff!!

I completely agree. I was just plain upset when Kreia expected me to love that sorry Disciple at the end. I was like What?? I don't love him. Maybe they don't tell you anything good about Atton so he can come back in KO3 and try again for a romance - so maybe it will be worth it to not have a good ending with him in this game (hopefully) - build some more depth with the relationship you know. ;)

Unfortunately, I played K2 with the very first ending I did for K1, DS Female. I didn't complete the Carth romance properly so he ended up running away on the Unknown World. Can someone briefly outline what Carth says in K2 if you say that Revan was LS?

He basically reveals how he's been waiting for Revan to return for four years. He stayed behind for the Republic's sake only because Revan asked him to, and he did it because he loved her. He goes over very briefly how they met, and then how she had felt compelled to leave to finish something she remembered from her past.

As a last request before you leave, he asks that if you find Revan to tell her that he is still waiting for her. ;)

It's a very touching scene... sorta inspired me to start illustrating it.

Also, if you repair T3 to the max, there is a holovid of Carth asking T3 to try and help Revan and to come back for help if something goes wrong.

You can also get this holovid if you chose Revan to be DS, but he'll instead say that he's going to try to save her from herself and that if he fails, he'll need T3 to go get help. The DS message is obviously before he gets killed (or dies with Revan in the cut ending), so that one's kinda sad. ;_;

Eji, You are the best!! :">

your illustrate is so great, and your avatar pictures..

Atton's one with bashful pink face part.. I love it!!^_^

I love you!!!

ahh, and I didn't know there's much Carth/Revan things in KOR2

I love to hear that all of informations you gave.

btw Do u know where I can get KOR1 the new Carth/DS Revan romance part?

I've heard it's not needed to kill Carth at the DS female End if I have it.

;)

I completely agree.  I was just plain upset when Kreia expected me to love that sorry Disciple at the end.  I was like What?? I don't love him.  Maybe they don't tell you anything good about Atton so he can come back in KO3 and try again for a romance - so maybe it will be worth it to not have a good ending with him in this game (hopefully) -  build some more depth with the relationship you know. ;)

ahhh, you completely make me want to believe that.

Your opinion is very acceptable.

If you're right, can we see Atton in KOR3 again?

that's.. so wonderful!!!

btw Do u know where I can get KOR1 the new Carth/DS Revan romance part?

I've heard it's not needed to kill Carth at the DS female End if I have it.

There is a mod that restores the DS ending... unfortunately it's piled together with a bunch of other mods, but you can choose to not install the other plugins if all you want is the DS ending:

http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/mod_hlpn.htm

There's a bit of an error with the mod...

Once you install the plugin, there will be a folder in C:\Program Files\LucasArts called SWKotORlips. Copy the STUNT_56b_loc.mod file from there to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\lips to fix the problem.

After that, enjoy!

I loaded up a savegame where I had just beat Malak, and the Carth ending played beautifully. :p

Saying that the female romance was a disapointment is pretty much an understatement, particularly when (as several of ya'll have pointed out) there was so darn much potential!

The only thing that I got that was stronger than a hint that Atton liked you AND that gave the Female PC some opportunity to say how she felt was in a conversation with Mira. Apparently the PC thinks Mira is looking at her funny and asks what's wrong. Mira goes into an explanation of how the PC is "glowing". The PC responds that it's the force to which Mira replies, "Oh. I thought you and Atton had hooked up a power coupling." The PC then has an opportunity to play dumb (Mira is funny -- "Didn't you get out much as a Jedi? I'm asking if you and Atton have been intimate!") Anyway, the PC's options in responding are to say dumb things like:

"I don't like him like that"

"I see him as more of a brother." (ARGH...Shades of Princess Leia!)

"I care about him but I can't get involved within anyone right now." (About the best you can do with this conversation btw.)

There's a more DS answer as well but I don't remember it at this point.

Anyway, some content patches would be lovely but even better (hey LucasArts, I'm willing to spend $$$!) would be if OE could take the missing material (endings, HK factory) and make a "gold" version/expansion of the original KoTOR II. I'd buy it.... hint hint...

Caleth

[

Indeed, the only difference between male/female exile is the flirting on Peragus and then the Pazaak line of "you'll be right here with me playing Pazaak where they can't reach you." To a male PC he says something about how a Jedi or Sith will use their powers to hold you by the throat. I believe those are the ONLY differences.

Wel, there was sort of an odd cutscene thingy during my game of Atton kind of hanging back in a doorway when the PC goes to meditate with Kriea(oddly enough with Disciple's voice saying something like "Why, of course". Mira looks at Atton and says, "Meditation envy?" and he tells her to sit on a rocket. Then Mira tells Atton something to the effect of the PC having enough problems without him staring at her all the time,and he should just leave her alone. AND THAT WAS IT. Bleh,bleh,bleh. So aside from the Paazak comment (a skill you never get to use, btw.) the whole romance thing with Atton was so disappointing. That really had potential, too.

I missed the whole flirtation/hesitant romance starting of Carth and Revan, or actually the Han and Leia thing would have been entirely more appropriate here.

Oh, and the Disciple, YEAH, right. He was like a slab of cream cheese. URGH.

Just one last thing, at the end, I really just needed a little more closure. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Saying that the female romance was a disapointment is pretty much an understatement, particularly when (as several of ya'll have pointed out) there was so darn much potential!

The only thing that I got that was stronger than a hint that Atton liked you AND that gave the Female PC some opportunity to say how she felt was in a conversation with Mira.  Apparently the PC thinks Mira is looking at her funny and asks what's wrong.  Mira goes into an explanation of how the PC is "glowing".  The PC responds that it's the force to which Mira replies, "Oh. I thought you and Atton had hooked up a power coupling."  The PC then has an opportunity to play dumb (Mira is funny -- "Didn't you get out much as a Jedi? I'm asking if you and Atton have been intimate!")  Anyway, the PC's options in responding are to say dumb things like:

Hey, when I got that conversation with Mira, it wasn't about Atton but about Disciple! (And didn't have my preferred answer to her question: "You gotta be kidding! HIM???"

The only thing that I got that was stronger than a hint that Atton liked you AND that gave the Female PC some opportunity to say how she felt was in a conversation with Mira.  Apparently the PC thinks Mira is looking at her funny and asks what's wrong.  Mira goes into an explanation of how the PC is "glowing".  The PC responds that it's the force to which Mira replies, "Oh. I thought you and Atton had hooked up a power coupling."  The PC then has an opportunity to play dumb (Mira is funny -- "Didn't you get out much as a Jedi? I'm asking if you and Atton have been intimate!")  Anyway, the PC's options in responding are to say dumb things like:

Hey, when I got that conversation with Mira, it wasn't about Atton but about Disciple! (And didn't have my preferred answer to her question: "You gotta be kidding! HIM???"

The conversation w/Mira depends on who you have more influence with.

Thanks, Eji!! I've finished DS modded ending cut right now after I saw your post.

quickly downloaded ^_^*

I'm just wondering how anyone can make more parts of game so like original one.

Is there any cut voices in KOR1 folder like KOR2?

It's kinda sad that Carth/Revan die together at the End remained in Star forge,

but this is best ending I sure love!! and very satisfying.

(even better than normal ones)

I was doubting if there would be really something more that I can choose,

and there were, and even I could here Carth's saying "I Love you" more than 5-6 times.

This is cool ^_^

*Give me the chance too in Kor2 that I could die with Atton at the End!!!*

*It will be much better than just seeing how he's dying alone like I know from cut scene!!*

Thanks again Eji, I really appreciate to you ^_^*

Hey, when I got that conversation with Mira, it wasn't about Atton but about Disciple!  (And didn't have my preferred answer to her question:  "You gotta be kidding!  HIM???"

The conversation w/Mira depends on who you have more influence with.

*sigh* Of course it does. Well that makes me glad that I don't go to Dantooine until way into the game and have spent a considerable time influencing Atton. If I got the conversation with Mira about Disciple, I'd have a really hard time not sending her off for drug therapy or something.

But I will have to see what less influence does in terms of other conversations. When I take Disciple on, Atton usually tries to say something about the Ebon Hawk being full and our group traveling light. However, a friend was playing and got an Atton conversation where he says something sarcastic about making dinner/throwing a party when you want to bring Disciple into the group. I'd like to see that . :(

Basically, it's a "light" darkside ending, where Revan redeems herself by killing Bastila and redeeming herself.

This is why Carth shows up out of nowhere at the end of the game when you play the DS-female story line.

And, it actually makes more sense... I mean, the old ending is, "kill Carth or let him go" Yeesh. :p

Basically, it's a "light" darkside ending, where Revan redeems herself by killing Bastila and redeeming herself.

This is why Carth shows up out of nowhere at the end of the game when you play the DS-female story line.

And, it actually makes more sense...  I mean, the old ending is, "kill Carth or let him go"  Yeesh. :)

"let him go"? You can't even do that as DS female... no matter what you choose, Carth gets killed, either by you or Bastila. :( Before I had realized there was a cut ending, I always thought "gee, what a waste; it sounds like he has something important to say but Bastila cuts him off and you never hear it.... and oop, now he's dead. :)"

Speaking of Carth, I've been trying to come up with an idea for a desktop wallpaper of Atton and Carth together, but can't seem to think of a good idea. So far I sketched this one:

carthatton_test.jpg

but I dunno... I'll probably try some more ideas before ink it or add color. :(