Patch News from LA!!

LucasArts Jay (administrator)

Total Posts: 695

EDITED BY LucasArts Jay (administrator): Feb 24, 2005 01:52 PM

Hi all,

We know that everyone has been waiting for some word on when and how we would address some of the issues with the PC version of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

As of Tuesday we have a "patch candidate" in QA for verification. It will take several days to test and verify all the fixes, and to make sure that the patch plays nice with all system configs etc. We hope to release the patch very shortly - check back here for any updates. We're not providing a date for fear that we find another issue that needs to be addressed, and the patch would need to be pushed back. LucasArts and Obsidian are both working diligently to get the patch together and released as soon as possible.

We anticipate the patch being available for all language versions on or around the same day. We also hope to post a patch list that documents the changes that you can look for when installing the patch.

Finally, thanks for your patience, and we hope that you enjoy the game.

Mike Gallo

LucasArts Producer

2-24-05

Obsidian has it on an announcement on their main page.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

PC-specific only? Bleh.

And here i was wishing for more content, meh.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

PC-specific only? Bleh.

Microsoft in their somewhat finite wisdom does not allow Xbox Live to patch games, knowing full well that if they did then Xbox titles would suffer the curse "release it now, patch it later" that plages the PC gaming.

You will never see a Xbox game to be patched, not at least without hidding it in some extra content.

drakron.png

I hope it will fix the E N D I N G and maybe put some R E A L one. I guess that shouldn't be hard because the materials are ALREADY IN THE

GAME but for unknown reasons were not used - so instead of dramatical and beatifull ending we got so early alpha version .....

But I guess I'm just dreaming ......

Apologizes are for wussies.

*Dark Side points gained*

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think this patch is just going to take care of all the technical issues. I could be wrong but I don't think it has anything to do with content or deleted scenes. Otherwise OE and LA just completely ripped off the Xbox users. Unless of course, they are planning to re-release K2 with expansions content -ala Morrowind.

I think this patch is just going to take care of all the technical issues.  I could be wrong but I don't think it has anything to do with content or deleted scenes.  Otherwise OE and LA just completely ripped off the Xbox users.  Unless of course, they are planning to re-release K2 with expansions content -ala Morrowind.

Or (very unlikely) that they plan to release a new K2 w/ Xbox Live. :D

I hope it will fix the      E N D I N G  and maybe put some  R E A L  one. I guess that shouldn't be hard because the materials are ALREADY  IN    THE 

GAME  but for unknown reasons were not used - so instead of dramatical and beatifull ending we got so early alpha version .....

But I guess I'm just dreaming ......

You're dreaming...

Like it has been said I really doubt the patch will add anything to the game, I'm fairly confident it will only deal in solving bugs.

Someone mentioned some games before, but I've never seen a patch that adds additional content or restores deleted ones. If anything they'd make an expansion to restore the eliminated stuff or add new ones, but an expansion won't happen.

I guess bug fixes will have to do.

Well, if by 'additional content' it means the 'quest' that is mostly even on the disk, just not accessable (trigger disabled). I have a feeling that's going to be the opening for game 3. (Much like the Han Solo in Jabba's Palace opening for RotJ, and a much more fun training prologue than the one used in SL.)

Well, if by 'additional content' it means the 'quest' that is mostly even on the disk, just not accessable (trigger disabled). I have a feeling that's going to be the opening for game 3. (Much like the Han Solo in Jabba's Palace opening for RotJ, and a much more fun training prologue than the one used in SL.)

What's more *fun* is that all the structs are intact, even the NPC's x,y,z-coordinates and camera angles. The only thing missing is the animations really.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Apologizes are for wussies.

*Dark Side points gained*

We need like an alignment police... >_> Like a group of people who go and check every message and whenever one is deserving of a DSP or an LSP, they edit the message and right:

[blargh] Side Point gained.

And something that represents your alignment or something. :geek: Like, everyone starts at 50, and they go up and down for light and dark, respectively.