The battle of Malachor V

I would like to ask you some questions I have no fully satisfying answer to (only to make sure that they aren't continuity mistakes. :) )

1.) Is there a sure answer to what happened on Malachor V and why both sides, Jedi and Mandalorians, were killed by a gravity well projector? (BTW, which nutty idiot activated it?)

2.) Where have Revan and Malak been during this battle? (I think it's a fact, that they haven't become holes/wounds in the force, nor were they crushed by gravity...)

3.) The final battle on M5 should've been well known to Darth Malak, because of it's importance to the outcome of the Mandalorian Wars. The academy, I think, was already there, as Revan converted countless Jedi to the DS on this planet.

It seems that poor Malak was the only one who didn't know of this second academy on Malachor V. Is there a special reason for this?

4.) Have Sion and Nihilus been stuck on Malachor V for the last decade, or where else have they been until the events of KotOR2?

5.) Is the STD Ravenger an ancient Rakatan design, or have the developers mixed something up there?

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

mandalore and a fleet attacked revan fleet a little farther while the exile's fleet was at malachor.

the mass gravity generator was created by bao-dur, and was activated by the exile as he see that they were losing.

the mass gravity generator crushed everyone on the planet and every ship in it's orbit

for malak, he must have been knowing somehow, I dont know,

sion and nihilus were killing jedi during the 5 years

hope it help

I've found the answer to some of the questions which the game hasn't revealed for me. When I did a search in the dialog.tlk file...

It contains the full backgrounds to the events on Malachor.

Seriously, I wonder at which point in the game this has been told?!

mandalore and a fleet attacked revan fleet a little farther while the exile's fleet was at malachor.

During the battle Revan has been in the Trayus Academy.

the mass gravity generator was created by bao-dur, and was activated by the exile as he see that they were losing.

It was Revans ingenious(?) plan to activate it.

if revan was at trayus academy during the assault, he would have been crushed, end of the story. Anyway canderous tell you that revan was fighting mandalore farther.

For some mysterious reason the Trayus Academy hasn't taken any damage. It is told that Revan has used this facility to control the battle over Malachor and to lure others to the Sith.

I would post the full text of the file, but it isn't in English. You can take a look into it yourself. Search e.g. for "gravity". It's near the end of the file.

I would like to ask you some questions I have no fully satisfying answer to (only to make sure that they aren't continuity mistakes. :- )

1.) Is there a sure answer to what happened on Malachor V and why both sides, Jedi and Mandalorians, were killed by a gravity well projector? (BTW, which nutty idiot activated it?)

2.) Where have Revan and Malak been during this battle? (I think it's a fact, that they haven't become holes/wounds in the force, nor were they crushed by gravity...)

3.) The final battle on M5 should've been well known to Darth Malak, because of it's importance to the outcome of the Mandalorian Wars. The academy, I think, was already there, as Revan converted countless Jedi to the DS on this planet.

It seems that poor Malak was the only one who didn't know of this second academy on Malachor V. Is there a special reason for this?

4.) Have Sion and Nihilus been stuck on Malachor V for the last decade, or where else have they been until the events of KotOR2?

5.) Is the STD Ravenger an ancient Rakatan design, or have the developers mixed something up there?

1.Revan used Malachor 5 as a pretext to kill Jedis or make them question their teachings and go to him for...brainwashing and join HIM instead of the Republic...also used as pretext to weaken the Republic. The Gravity Projector was built by Bao-Dur and ordered to fire by the Exile(General - Bao-Dur says that YOU gave the order)...that was part of Revan`s plan which was Exile`s superior

2.revan and Malak were elsewhere probably crushing Mandalorians...it is said one time that they were NOT at that place..and no,jedipodo..Revan could`ve been NOT in teh Academy since the Academy is IN Malachor 5 where the charge was detonated and no one was left alive

3.Malak died by Revan`s hand on the Star Forge BEFORE Revan remembered(he was memory wiped remember?) of the Academy on Malachor 5(Bastila testifies this in the holovid from T3)

4.Sion and Nihilus were hunting Jedis(Sion more interested in hunting Kreia tho`)

5.The Ravager is a Cruiser(Sith or Republic since it isn`t Mandalorian as Mandalore says at one point "it has teh marks of mandalorian guns"). NOT Rakatan design...

I stand to be corrected tho`

1.Revan used Malachor 5 as a pretext to kill Jedis or make them question their teachings and go to him for...brainwashing and join HIM instead of the Republic...also used as pretext to weaken the Republic. The Gravity Projector was built by Bao-Dur and ordered to fire by the Exile(General - Bao-Dur says that YOU gave the order)...that was part of Revan`s plan which was Exile`s superior

2.revan and Malak were elsewhere probably crushing Mandalorians...it is said one time that they were NOT at that place..and no,jedipodo..Revan could`ve been NOT in teh Academy since the Academy is IN Malachor 5 where the charge was detonated and no one was left alive

3.Malak died by Revan`s hand on the Star Forge BEFORE Revan remembered(he was memory wiped remember?) of the Academy on Malachor 5(Bastila testifies this in the holovid from T3)

4.Sion and Nihilus were hunting Jedis(Sion more interested in hunting Kreia tho`)

5.The Ravager is a Cruiser(Sith or Republic since it isn`t Mandalorian as Mandalore says at one point "it has teh marks of mandalorian guns"). NOT Rakatan design...

I stand to be corrected tho`

Concerning the points 2.)-4.): Please, do a research in "dialog.tlk" as described above. I think this text can be found in the English(=original) version, too.

1.)Because gravity effects everyone, except sasquatch

2.)Buying shoes

3.)Because it only existed in the future, you know how things in the future can have a past. It makes perfect sense if you refuse to think about it.

4.)Funny story on that, they actually went to buy shoes right after Revan and Malak left the store on Hoth. Then their was a big snow storm and they had to stay there for awhile. That ofcourse is before Sion decided to go shirtless the whole time

5.)Well you see, when the gravity well, or I mean when you think, ....huh, I guess what happen was there must have been a sith lord with the ability to time travel, like that show Quantum Leap

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I would like to ask you some questions I have no fully satisfying answer to (only to make sure that they aren't continuity mistakes. :thumbsup: )

The plan was to lure Mandalorians near the planet and then to activate the gravity weel to make them crash on it.

Is natural that some jedi ships where too near the planet too, but what killed the jedi was not that, but the curruption energy of malachor.

When the academy on malachor (and malachor itself) where feeded with the deaths of mandalorians and republic soldiers, it began to irradiate a corruption energy all around it, most of the jedis succumbed to this energy turning to DS and the one that where strong enought to resist simply died because of it.

My opinion is that only the ones directly linked to the Exile and able to survive become echoes, is likelly that the Exile was in the "first line" where the casualities where alredy very high, probably when the hole was formed the ones near him died due to the force that was drained from them but Sion and Nihilus where able to survive for some reason.

I think that Revan and Malak where not so near the battle or at least nor near and "linked" to the exile.

I'm inclined to think that he knew about the academy and actually it was used even after the war to train the force sensitive assassins (I think Atton is referring to it when he tells his story and that some assassins disappeared to being sent in some dark places to "complete" their training)

Also i suppose that Kreia was alredy there, so Malak had to stay far away from that place if he wanted to stay alive.

I think so, at that time probably there where not yet strong as they are now and also i think Kreia was in lead of the academy and wanted to keep a low profile to fulfill her plans.

No the Rakatan ships are the one "curved", you can see some when Nihilus attack Telos, while his ship (who looks like a ISD) was probably a republic design.

Ok how much of this was in the game and how much was in the dialog tlk. I first learnt about the shadow generator 5 mins before the end of the game and i learnt about it from the holo recording of bao dur so you can understand why it made absolutely no sense to me and why i didnt know what the hell the genrator was or was for.

I have since learnt that apparently bao dur might take part in a cut scene involving him and kreia and you may get a hint that bao dur crushed a planet in gravity.

But the stuff about revan controlling the battle from the academy and how he uses it to seduce jedi and you ordering bao dur to turn the well on is all in dialog tlk right? not actually in the game its self ? because its all extreemly important stuff that answers some questions but i never got any hint of it in my game.

Ok how much of this was in the game and how much was in the dialog tlk. I first learnt about the shadow generator 5 mins before the end of the game and i learnt about it from the holo recording of bao dur so you can understand why it made absolutely no sense to me and why i didnt know what the hell the genrator was or was for.

I have since learnt that apparently bao dur might take part in a cut scene involving him and kreia and you may get a hint that bao dur crushed a planet in gravity.

But the stuff about revan controlling the battle from the academy and how he uses it to seduce jedi and you ordering bao dur to turn the well on is all in dialog tlk right? not actually in the game its self ? because its all extreemly important stuff that answers some questions but i never got any hint of it in my game.

I don't think too that Revan was in the academy, i think is more likelly that he was simply on his ship controlling/leading the battle, but was just far enought from the exile to not suffer a drain.

He have no need to stay in the academy and to risk his life nor to be so exposed to the DS energies during the battle, also the academy is not the ideal place to lead his fleet, his flagship is for sure much better.

Most of the info here exposed are in the game at various points, you know something from HK, Kreia and other npcs, then is up to you to put pieces togather and to build an idea of what happened.

Also Revan knew about the academy even before the battle

I would like to ask you some questions I have no fully satisfying answer to (only to make sure that they aren't continuity mistakes. :ninja: )

1. They never said exactly what transpired, only the aftermath. Bao-dur was the nutty idiot who activated it. :)

2. It was stated they were elsewhere battling a different contingent of Mandalorians. However, one of the load screen texts on Malachor said Revan used Trayus Academy to guide the battle against Mandalorians, but it didn't say that Revan was at the actual facility though.

3. Malak probably knew of Trayus Academy, but to what extent he may have utilized it is unknown. However, the academy near Dreshdae on Korriban was probably more active, not to mention Malak was fixated on the Star Forge.

4. Hard to say. It had been suggested that Nihilus roamed the fringes of the galaxy like a nomad. As for Sion, he may have remained on Malachor during Malak's reign.

5. It was a Republic ship, since Mandalore/Canderous identified it as one of the ships present at Malachor 5. Since Revan & Malak didn't get to the Star Forge until after that battle, the ship Nihilus salvaged was not Rakatan.

I think Revan and Malak have commanded the space battle, while the Exile was on the surface commanding the ground forces. (He is "general", not "admiral")

No.

In one cutscene during the game on the EH Bao Dur tells you of the events that happened. It seems that the republic ships were used as bait for the Mandalorians and they "tore" into the Republic ships. The Mandalorians put forth all they had on Malachor V, I even remember in K1 when Canderous says that the ships of both fleets blocked out the stars themselves. Revan was delayed out system by some Mandalorian ships and the Exile gave the command to Bao Dur to use the MSG and they both just looked at each other and the Exile just gave Bao Dur a nod.

About the Ravager,

It was a republic desighn, as Mandolore says it has the mark of mandolorian guns, but the only other force in that battle waas the republic, and thus, it was republic desighn. As for the "Rakatan" curved ships, I think they were republic further design of the ravager type ships, as in K1 it says that the Leviathan "karaths ship" was of a prototype republic desighn, because in some part it said that it was the epitome of weapon technology developed by the republic. And revan used it with the star forge to make lots of copies of it simply.

I stan to be corrected.

Man...the Ravager is a Sith warship-Republic model...where on earth have you been while kotor 1 was out there?IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME MODEL Sith were using in kotor 1....It's exactly like the leviathan...

No, it isn't. The Sith warships we see a lot in KOTOR1 and again in KOTOR2 at Telos have a curved underside. The Ravager is more triangular, like a Star Destroyer.

Man...the Ravager is a Sith warship-Republic model...where on earth have you been while kotor 1 was out there?IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME MODEL Sith were using in kotor 1....It's exactly like the leviathan...

No, it isn't. The Sith warships we see a lot in KOTOR1 and again in KOTOR2 at Telos have a curved underside. The Ravager is more triangular, like a Star Destroyer.

Yeah, I actually thought it WAS a star destroyer upon first viewing it... lol, I was thinking "man, guess you don't mess with a good design... even after several centuries?".

About the Ravager,

It was a republic desighn, as Mandolore says it has the mark of mandolorian guns, but the only other force in that battle waas the republic, and thus, it was republic desighn. As for the "Rakatan" curved ships, I think they were republic further design of the ravager type ships, as in K1 it says that the Leviathan "karaths ship" was of a prototype republic desighn, because in some part it said that it was the epitome of weapon technology developed by the republic. And revan used it with the star forge to make lots of copies of it simply.

I stan to be corrected.

I'm not too sure, but i think to remember that someone in KOTOR1 stated that the curved "sith" ships where of alien design.

Also even the design itself is very different from the normal republic ships and the curved ones, but as said i'm not sure too and i can be wrong.

They are really different, you can see some of KOTOR1 models on background in the cutscene of the attack on Talos, if you compare them is quite clear they are very different.