Cut Dialogue & Events

Hive - the ds female cut ending, in which Revan can choose not to kill Carth, and dies with him as the Star Forge is destroyed.

Oh. Never heard about that one. Well I understand why they cut an ending killing the PC, for continuity reasons for future games.

Actually it was because Bioware didn't finish the movie sequence. :lol:

This is the first game ever made which has close to 25% of the game which can be expanded by Modders.  No other game has all the cut scenes and sounds which can be used and remade by Modders.

KOTOR II is a Modders Paradise.  Also, note Modders asked for this type of game for a long, long time.

Well as endings go... I just played the modded DS/redemption ending in Kotor 1. (That was great!) All the Voice acting was already there and it was all very well done. Got to kill bastila :devil: and die with carth on the SF.

Mira and Atton talk wasn't cut! I remember getting it. It was Disciple and Exile were training in one of the dormitories and Atton was looking on. I don't remember which dialouge it was but I'm positive that it was one of the cut dialouges mentioned. The stats were Disciple was a Jedi, with more influence obviously, when Atton wasn't.

Hi, this is my first post so sorry if this has been mentioned before somewhere, but I found some sound files in 702\rev_end where Bastila talks about being left by Revan at the Starforge (presumably from a DS ending in koror1) and the remaining sith trying to use it.

Anyone know if it's possible to get this scene in TSL or is this more cut stuff that never made it into the game?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have read lots of threads and listened to most of the dialouge. I have come up with a solution to the problem of the bad ending and missing content. I call it Knights of the Old Republic III. Simply this should happen. Since Obsidian most likely won't come out with KOTOR II: Director's Cut. Then whoever gets the rights to KOTOR 3 should put a second cd in the box. It could be called Special Features like a DVD. It should have on it the ability to load onto it a KOTOR 2 saved game and you would be able play out from the Droid Factory to the actual ending with all the missing scenes intact . Frankly I would pay $70 for that and wait 2 years. So it's a two in one. KOTOR 3 and a Special features disc in one little package. It would rap up KOTOR 2's loose ends and have the next game in the series.

Hello,

I have read lots of threads and listened to most of the dialouge.  I have come up with a  solution to the problem of the bad ending and missing content.  I call it Knights of the Old Republic III.  Simply this should happen.  Since Obsidian most likely won't come out with KOTOR II: Director's Cut.  Then whoever gets the rights to KOTOR 3 should put a second cd in the box.  It could be called Special Features like a DVD.  It should have on it the ability to load onto it a KOTOR 2 saved game and you would be able play out from the Droid Factory to the actual ending with all the missing scenes intact .  Frankly I would pay $70 for that and wait 2 years.  So it's a two in one.  KOTOR 3 and a Special features disc in one little package.  It would rap up KOTOR 2's loose ends and have the next game in the series.

While I would love to see that happen...we are talking about Lucas Arts...

I took a quick scan through this post, and wanted to point out two things (don't think they werre mentioned, but I might have missed them)

1) The dialog of master vash being alive when you find her, is located in the folder for module 802, which is a DRIOD PLANEt module. My guess is she was origionally t be found there, but when the time constraint cut the planet, anything to with master vash was cut as well, this also answers a nagging question I had since I played korriban in TSL of why it was so short. Either it was a quick add, or you were supposed to fnd something else there (possibly the sith holocrons mentioned?, if you blow through the door you do find a broken one)

2) For the dialogs of HK-47 siding with GOTO, is it possible that has something to do with downloading HK-50 and HK-51 programs onto HK's system?. When you play the HK factory module, even with the many broken things when you access the HK-50 and HK-51 terminals you can download the programs, and when you do HK-47 comments on his "sub-standard frame" and his "od pigmintation of red" as if he belives himself to be a 50 or 51 model.

For some reason HK and GO-TO also have a "I don't know you convo"

Original:

G: Ah, HK-47, I did not realise that you still existed, especially now the other generations are activated

H: [Query]: What is it you wish fat one?

ETC...

Other version:

G: Ah, HK-47, I did not realise that you still existed, especially now the other generations are activated

H: [Query] have we had the misfortune to meet before? I would have remembered one as large as you

G: Oh, yes, we have met

G: And I have not finished with you yet

Yeah i would rather see this restoration project get finished it looks amazing thus far from what i have seen from teh website. Unfortuantely it leaves the XBox players such as my self screwed as usual... I guess that is the tradeoff for being able to sit on the couch and play TSL on a 36 inch TV.

Is there anything specifying the fall of Atris to the Dark Side like flashbacks or cutscenes of her turnign more and more Sith?

P.S. I went onto you forum Auroa and emailed teh three Lucas Arts Public relations people voicing my thoughts. everyoen else can too:

http://www.knights2end.com/index.php?topic=11.0

I would say a few thousand emails shouold do the job...

1) The dialog of master vash being alive when you find her, is located in the folder for module 802, which is a DRIOD PLANEt module. My guess is she was origionally t be found there, but when the time constraint cut the planet, anything to with master vash was cut as well, this also answers a nagging question I had since I played korriban in TSL of why it was so short. Either it was a quick add, or you were supposed to fnd something else there (possibly the sith holocrons mentioned?, if you blow through the door you do find a broken one)

The Sith holocron is intact if Revan was DS. It's a message from Evil Bastila.

Korriban isn't all that short if you get the hidden tomb in the Shyrack cave.

Yeah i would rather see this restoration project get finished it looks amazing thus far from what i have seen from teh website. Unfortuantely it leaves the XBox players such as my self screwed as usual... I guess that is the tradeoff for being able to sit on the couch and play TSL on a 36 inch TV.

If you put a modchip in your xbox you can play the restoration project on the xbox too :ermm:

Damnit, why did they scrap loads of HK, some examples:

* GO-TO(!) and HK can get DEX bonusses on Goto's ship..., who the hell has them then?

* HK trains you in turret combat

* HK has a convo to you about killing Handmaiden, Atton and T3 (No, don't let me kill T3, too easy)

* Convo's (3) between HK and Bao Dur:

H: [Analyses] Such a improvement would be benefficial to maintain optimal damage output in combat situations

(Exile)

H: [suggestion] Master, you're technician should be put on this task right away

Bao: I don't understand why you don't let me take a look

HK: [statement] I've had quite enough tempering of the hands of unskilled meatbags, such as yourself. I am not eager to commit to this treatment now or in the future

Bao: Unskilled meatbag? I show you unskilled

HK: [Appeasment] I did not mean to apply you were an unskilled meatbag, as in capable of rudementary repairs holding a hydrospanner.

HK: It is only that I am quite peticular with my repairs, perhaps when I am more confident in you're ability's I would allow you to examine my interior components

Bao: Finnally decided to let me take a look at your circuitry

HK: [Answer] Indeed I did. I hope you understand how difficult it is for me to trust a meatbag with something delecate as my inner mechanics

HK: [Explenation] Our encounters with my copies convinced me that I should look into upgrading my capability's in order that I may be able to destroy them with greater impunity(spel?)

Bao: Worried you might get obsolete? I understand.

HK: [Objection] Nothing of the sort. I am programmed to improve my capabilities if it would improve my changes of destroying a target.

HK: Even as unsavory and avenu(spel?) as this

Bao: You don't have to suffer on my account, maybe you are better of not letting me dig around on you.

HK: [Retraction] You must understand. My previous interactions with meatbags have rarely been pleasent

HK: [Disclosure] After all, most of those meatings involved the extermination of said meatbags

Bao: It obviously couln't have been your charming personality

Bao: Now if you want me to see if I can upgrade your functionality, let me get to work on you

HK: [Answer] In that case, please, gp ahead. Just be carefull not to damage any of my delicate parts

HK: [Analyses] My self-diagnostic indicates that my performance has indeed been improved. Also many of my systems are reporting improved effeciency.

HK: [Comentary] I am most pleased with this turn of events, it would appear that my initial analyses of you're mechanical ability's was incorrect

Bao: You're welcome

The Sith holocron is intact if Revan was DS. It's a message from Evil Bastila.

Korriban isn't all that short if you get the hidden tomb in the Shyrack cave.

Only time I said revan was DS was the time I forgot to go back and blow open the door so I never knew that. And korriban is stll fairly short compared to other planets if you include the skyrack caves [which I personally don't, since its a side quest unrelated to the main objective]

Wonder why they scraped the Bao-Dur and HK convos, and why there was a way for GO-TO to be upgraded on the yacht (could have been something they scrapped before they started voice recordings?) [its possible to get HK before GOTO's yacht (driod merchant near the onderon cantina, droid parts merchant by koonda, driod parts merchant in the refugee landing pad)]

Damnit, why did they scrap loads of HK, some examples:

* Convo's (3) between HK and Bao Dur:

At least two of those three were cut because it required additional HK-50 encounters after HK-47 joins the party, and which were not completed. (You might notice that in the second/third(?) dialogue, HK-47 mentions that he has met the HK-50s.)

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

At least two of those three were cut because it required additional HK-50 encounters after HK-47 joins the party, and which were not completed. (You might notice that in the second/third(?) dialogue, HK-47 mentions that he has met the HK-50s.)

No, they part with the HK-50 seems to be a second option, if they let that one out it could easily be implented...

Bao: Finnally decided to let me take a look at your circuitry Question...

HK: [Answer] Indeed I did. I hope you understand how difficult it is for me to trust a meatbag with something delecate as my inner mechanics The option HK has if he didn't meet HK-50's?

HK: [Explenation] Our encounters with my copies convinced me that I should look into upgrading my capability's in order that I may be able to destroy them with greater impunity(spel?) Option if encountered HK's?

Bao: Worried you might get obsolete? I understand. Convo continues...

Can any of the modders tell me what THIS is about?:

Lorso (Telos Czerka boss, all the time)

ATTENTION, Citadel Station, this is Jorna Lorso, you're Czerka branchs Executive Officer.

As you may know, Republic negotiation with Onderon have deteriorated of late. Czerka entered Citadel Station in the hopes of resolving the situation of the good of Telos.

I regret to inform you that the Telosian government, with the aid of the Ithorians, has entered an Anti-Republic Treaty with Onderon.

In order to protect the Republics investment in Citadel Station , and for the betterment of Telos, Czerka has been forced to assume command of the Station.

Untill Republic Forces arrive to formerly oppose the Telosian Counsil, and restore order, Citadel Station will remain under Czerka control.

This should not effect you're daily affairs. Please go about your bussiness as usual. Thank you for you're co-operation.

Look people I have an idea for solving this whole problem. I was looking at the online petition for restoring KOTOR 2 http://www.petitiononline.com/kotor2/ and there are over 8000 signatures. Using those numbers and if we start informing more people of KOTOR 2's bugs, missing content, and lack of a completion. If we can raise our numbers to over ten thousand someone might start listening to us. But we might have to go a little bit further that sign a petition. I say we boycott all LucasArt's products until they we get an explanation, apology, and the game gets restored. We should boycott because LucasArts doesn't care about the customers anymore. We are just numbers and money. And I say that we can no longer sit by and let this happen. Before you know it all games will be like this. We need to do this or KOTOR 3 ( if it happens) is worse than KOTOR 2. With tons of bugs, and no real storyline. They can't ingore us forever. If we boycott and put a dent in their profits then WE WILL BE HEARD.

No, they part with the HK-50 seems to be a second option, if they let that one out it could easily be implented...

Could be implemented, yes, but I'm just saying that this is what Obsidian had in mind:

(1) If you look at the existing structure of the dialogue, the lines are delivered linearly (i.e. the lines are said sequentially, not split to be alternates). There are many cases in which the dialogues contain speakers saying two things in sequence without an interjection from the listener.

(2) Also, if you've looked at the script that chooses the cutscene to play on the Ebon Hawk, you'll notice that even both those scenes include a condition to check whether or not the party has encountered HK's since HK-47's reactivation.

(3) There's a gameplay programmer comment at the very beginning of that dialogue describing the purpose of the cutscene: {HK-47's upgrade, after Bao-Dur's repair is high enough and HK-50s have been encountered}

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org