Cut Dialogue & Events

That screenshot was really interesting to me. Until now, I'd assumed that Atton's death scene resulted from his torture scene, but that screenshot proved that wasn't so. During Atton's torture scene, Darth Sion supposedly sliced off one of Atton's arms with his lightsaber. Yet from that screenshot of Atton's death scene, both of Atton's arms were seen intact. I wonder what was supposed to have killed Atton, then...? Maybe it was actually a result of the big scene wherein the heroes confronted Darth Traya without the Exile...

Or they knew it was going to be cut anyway and didn't finish it...

And about Decissus - you can listen to his sound files in folders 304-305 (sorry if thats old).

wait a sec, how exactly did you get those cut scenes to work?

I made an armband some time ago to allow modders get the player coordinates in the game. Coordinates are useful when you want to place new stuff in existing or new areas. In kotor 1, we could use the "whereami" cheat code but in Kotor 2, since the cheat console was invisible, we had to find another way to get the coordinates.... The armband can be downloaded here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php but it is of no use if you don't mod.

I simply replaced my original script attached to the armband (d3_getloc.ncs) by a script setting global variables and was able to view the scenes by simply activating the armband.

Wait, wait. Are you saying that the animations are there too? If so, have you tried out the event when Kreia has a monologue with Handmaiden/Disciple/Visas/Mira at the end of the game? The module should be in 904MAL file.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Great work at helping flesh out the story/NPC interactions for people. :geek:

I would have really liked to see Atton & Disciple fighting, sounds like a cool scene.

One thing I noticed, is that some of those cut scenes were supposedly to be triggered depending on influence - for example, "if player has more influence with Atton than Disciple" - I know it appears that there was a dialogue/scene in case that wasn't the case, but it brings up the issue (to me) of....since so many players like to try and get max influence with everyone possible, I wonder how many would never have seen those scenes even if they'd been included. :D

Makes me wonder if there's anything different like that even in the truncated game in that regard. I always seem to get max influence with Disci and Atton, for example. I guess I should try to not do that and see if they react different. I wish there was an in-game way to see your actual influence rating with an NPC - not just by how well their bar matches yours.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I haven't seen anyone mention this (maybe I missed it...) but...each NPC has a few 'training' voice lines. I'm assuming this is when you turn them to Jedi and you 'train' them - since I haven't seen any such scenes or dialogue, I assume these were also cut? Or is there something to do to trigger them - like be male, which I haven't done yet. :rolleyes: Or is my game fast-skipping over them...

For example, Atton: "All right I'm game, what did you want to show me?" "I didn't know this training thing was going to be so much work."

And Disciple: "Very well, what did you want to teach me?" (that just cracks me up for some reason, coming from pompous knowitall Disciple)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I haven't seen anyone mention this (maybe  I missed it...) but...each NPC has a few  'training' voice lines.  I'm assuming this is when you turn them to Jedi and you 'train' them - since I haven't seen any such scenes or dialogue, I assume these were also cut? Or is there something to do to trigger them - like be male, which I haven't done yet. :p Or is my game fast-skipping over them...

For example, Atton: "All right I'm game, what did you want to show me?" "I didn't know this training thing was going to be so much work."

And Disciple: "Very well, what did you want to teach me?" (that just cracks me up for some reason, coming from pompous knowitall Disciple)

The Jedi training courses that you put your team mates through was cut all together. :(

That's such a shame. Even if you couldn't actually train them with forms etc. it would have been much more intriguing than the silly training kneel/voiceover/swingcamera around/repeat-instant Jedi bit you get now.

Makes me wonder if there's anything different like that even in the truncated game in that regard.  I always seem to get max influence with Disci and Atton, for example. I guess I should try to not do that and see if they react different. I wish there was an in-game way to see your actual influence rating with an NPC - not just by how well their bar matches yours.

You might like the Mind Probe Mode http://www.pcgamemods.com/10498/ You can equip it and just check their current influence then change it either way (for a minor DS hit).

wait a sec, how exactly did you get those cut scenes to work?

I made an armband some time ago to allow modders get the player coordinates in the game. Coordinates are useful when you want to place new stuff in existing or new areas. In kotor 1, we could use the "whereami" cheat code but in Kotor 2, since the cheat console was invisible, we had to find another way to get the coordinates.... The armband can be downloaded here: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php but it is of no use if you don't mod.

I simply replaced my original script attached to the armband (d3_getloc.ncs) by a script setting global variables and was able to view the scenes by simply activating the armband.

can you give us the file, i would like too see ;)

Surprised nobody mentioned this. But there is cut dialouge options with T3 and Mandalore. You can't ask T3 about Mandalore, HK and the Navi-computer, like it says in the Tool has listed. And the same with Mandalore about the Ebon Hawk when he first comes aboard.

I like the game as is.  This game is a Modders Paradise, with modders aka the game players are the ones who fill in the blanks.  So, Obsedian does not have to do all the work.  Makes this game a lot more interesting and fun to play and how Obsedian made it there is a lot to fill in when they make KOTOR III.

Why should we have to do it in the first place? Plus if modders do put it in and Obsidian doesn't, it would mean that its null and void and did NOT happen in the KOTOR cannon...just like the cut KOTOR 1 ending. (its nothing special though)

If you heard or read the dialogue it was overkill. And, also left how was Anton captured in the first place. It left the game with a bigger question mark which can be only answered in KOTOR II not KOTOR III. But, with game as is it makes you anticipate for KOTOR III that much more. And, actually knowing their fates once KOTOR III releases. Who cares about KOTOR Cannon. I actually liked the fact that Obsedian left the cut scenes in folders so modders the players who paid the game can Mod the living s**t out of this game. This is the first game ever made which has close to 25% of the game which can be expanded by Modders. No other game has all the cut scenes and sounds which can be used and remade by Modders.

KOTOR II is a Modders Paradise. Also, note Modders asked for this type of game for a long, long time.

I seriously doubt that Obsidian left the cut scenes there for modders to fix. It seems far more likely to me that the files were left in as a result of their lacking schedule. You don't seem to realise that just because it is possible to mod the game you shouldn't have to mod it just to get the experience you paid for.

By the way, the easy moddabilty (for lack of a better word) of the game isn't intentional, it's merely a result of the engine being based on the NWN engine, Lucasarts doesn't codone modding with their games.

Bobby was a chemist's son but Bobby is no more.
What Bobby thought was H2O was H2SO4.

Actually, not the schedule at all but they are worthless to the story and storyline and Lucasfilms were the ones to cut. Obsidian left them there for Modders to Mod. Remember who do you think chopped the cut scenes up? Lucasfilms Ltd. Blame anyone blame Lucasfilms Ltd. Obsidian had the curtosey of leaving them in the game. Instead of yanking them out.

I like the game as is.  This game is a Modders Paradise, with modders aka the game players are the ones who fill in the blanks.  So, Obsedian does not have to do all the work.  Makes this game a lot more interesting and fun to play and how Obsedian made it there is a lot to fill in when they make KOTOR III.

No, this game is definately not a modders paradise. I think that phrase should be reserved for games where the people behind either release tools to mod it or at the very least approves of it.

LucasArts is a major bitch about modding their games. If they could, I bet they would encrypt all game files in a manner that would prevent modding.

Forgive me if I don't use the search option as I have little time atm: Is there any info either in scripts or whatever else you guys have seen that indicates what happens to the party after you sort of crash on Malachor V as a Light Side Male? I mean, are they onboard or? I'm just one of those many players slightly annoyed at the current state of things.

I'd appriciate whatever you can tell me.

Gotta run, laters.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.