The Optimistic Discussion

Well... I have finally registered. I've been lurking ever since the game was announced, and I just finished the game on Light Side Male, and I would like to have an OPTIMISTIC discussion... THERE WILL BE MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW!

Over all, it was a GREAT game... I liked it a lot, and I played it often. It only took me thirty hours, gaining top influence with everbody except HK-47 and GO-TO.

Here is my take on the characters. I may not be able to finish it all in one go, but I will post what I can right now.

Atton: His story was entirely believable, and he would have been such a great character, if he didn't die so often for me... You need to get a decent blaster towards the start of the game, or he's not even worth it.

I liked his background, and he was a perfect example what the story as a whole would probably end up being. I'm not like most people here, and I'm not going to point out some of the many improbabilities that you might be able to find, however.

Handmaiden: One of my favorite characters. If you learn her history, then you understand her more, and you can almost come to appreciate her as a digital person... The Training rituals with her were a little akward (sp?)... Who came up with her underwear? For pities sake, the Dancer's Costume covers more! :cool:

Visas Marr: Such a great character, wasted in the first conversation... If you could have somehow persuaded her later on to tell you more about her past BEFORE her planet was annialated, then she would have had a little more time in combat than in her corner of the ship... I still managed to pull her up to full Light Side, too. BTW, was there a glitch with her Force Sight? I have the PC version, and her sight won't work, and the power is useless on my main character.

Mira: I didn't talk to her a whole ton, because I got her towards the end game... Therefore, I won't discuss her, in case I say something totally wrong.

Bao-Dur: Good character, on Telos... Afterwards, he's worst than Visas... "How can I help you?" "Never mind."

BIG SPOILER AHEAD:

Kreia: The epitomy of a GOOD villan... Even at the end, you discover that her goals were, in deed, tainted by your characters ability to bond. Sion's last words are about how she did it all for you, because all she cared about was you. Her own reasons were just feeding into the bond, as far as I could make out. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, that's all the time I have for now. If you want to yell at me, go ahead, but I felt like setting up a discussion about the behind the scenes aspects. I will talk about the villans later.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Well... I have finally registered. I've been lurking ever since the game was announced, and I just finished the game on Light Side Male, and I would like to have an OPTIMISTIC discussion... THERE WILL BE MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW!

Over all, it was a GREAT game... I liked it a lot, and I played it often. It only took me thirty hours, gaining top influence with everbody except HK-47 and GO-TO.

Here is my take on the characters. I may not be able to finish it all in one go, but I will post what I can right now.

Atton:  His story was entirely believable, and he would have been such a great character, if he didn't die so often for me... You need to get a decent blaster towards the start of the game, or he's not even worth it.

I liked his background, and he was a perfect example what the story as a whole would probably end up being. I'm not like most people here, and I'm not going to point out some of the many improbabilities that you might be able to find, however.

Handmaiden:  One of my favorite characters. If you learn her history, then you understand her more, and you can almost come to appreciate her as a digital person... The Training rituals with her were a little akward (sp?)... Who came up with her underwear? For pities sake, the Dancer's Costume covers more!  :cool:

Visas Marr: Such a great character, wasted in the first conversation... If you could have somehow persuaded her later on to tell you more about her past BEFORE her planet was annialated, then she would have had a little more time in combat than in her corner of the ship... I still managed to pull her up to full Light Side, too. BTW, was there a glitch with her Force Sight? I have the PC version, and her sight won't work, and the power is useless on my main character.

Mira: I didn't talk to her a whole ton, because I got her towards the end game... Therefore, I won't discuss her, in case I say something totally wrong.

Bao-Dur: Good character, on Telos... Afterwards, he's worst than Visas... "How can I help you?" "Never mind."

BIG SPOILER AHEAD:

Kreia: The epitomy of a GOOD villan... Even at the end, you discover that her goals were, in deed, tainted by your characters ability to bond. Sion's last words are about how she did it all for you, because all she cared about was you. Her own reasons were just feeding into the bond, as far as I could make out. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, that's all the time I have for now. If you want to yell at me, go ahead, but I felt like setting up a discussion about the behind the scenes aspects. I will talk about the villans later.

You dont need the spoiler tags ... You're in the SPOILER Forum :thumbsup:"

It made for a funny looking post, though :)

Er

~attempts to continue thread~

I enjoyed it too.  :lol:

:wub:"

I know that I don't need the tags, I just think they look cool. I'll post some more stuff on how Bastila managed to survive the Sith (or at least, my theory(s)), and then see what other people want to optimisticly discuss.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Hehe i talked enought about Kreia in other 3D, here i just say that i agree with what you say :wub:

Visas...

I think she is really interesting char too, for what she is... she seem to be a "sister in destiny" of the Exile, she understand him and probably have a better understanding of the force too.

I loved to know more about her past, but also more confrontation with her about the force and what we really are.

GO-TO is Goto, as far as I am able to tell... He posted your bounty up in the Exchange, so just listen to Atton's advice (for once) :devil:" , and you can't miss him.

Here's why I think Bastila managed to survive the 'mini-purge:'

Two words: Force Bonds

She was bonded to the most powerful Jedi of the era, Revan, be he light or dark. If he was Dark Side, then she would try to suck as much power as possible, assuming that he was a he, of course. If he was lightside, then I'm sure she would not have to try as hard... Maybe.

Now, I ask you, what would happen if the Exile ran into Revan. What if Revan offers himself to the Exile (even a portion of his strenght), wouldn't the Exile have the capacity to defeat worlds?

As far as I'm concerned, Revan represents Redemption, and the Exile (lightside) represents Potential...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

I don't see why someone said that Kreia was too smart for her own good (I couldn't drag up the quote). I've been waiting for KOTOR to have another Revan, someone that has a scheme, that nobody knows about... The Master and Apprentice have a lot in common, it seems.

Other than Kreia, my favorite villian is probably Nihilus, despite the fact that he was not exactly difficult. He seems like the Exile's 'Twin'... Perhaps Obsidian had some hidden point behind this, I'll do a search and see what other previous discussions of this topic I can drag up.

Geekified Star Wars Geek