Anything better than Jal Shey Mentor Armour?

Guest Damar Stiehl

Of all places, I found a Circlet of Saresh on a Sith soldier aboard the Ravager...how odd.

I also haven't had much luck in finding the higher-quality Jedi/Sith robes. I did score an Ossus Keeper Robe after the "loose ends" were tied up, however. But since my char was a male, I think he would have looked rather odd wearing a female Jedi's (Nomi's) robes... :">

The description of the circlet of saresh suggests its a one off, so how come throughout the game I collected 3.

I've experimented with that dumb Hssiss glitch to get one of the named robes but to no avail. I've played this game a million times and the rarest thing I could find were the Zeison Sha Warrior Armor because it is nowhere to be found definate like the Jedi or Dark Jedi Master Robes *cough* Vrook, Sion *cough*. Guess I'll have to keep trying.

I found my one-and-only Onasi blaster upon the random corpse of a nameless Sith soldier and whimpered at the implication of that.

Found one of those on the in the academy. By which point it's kinda useless of course.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The place to get Zeison Sha Warrior Armor is the female Rodian merchant on Nar Shadda, after you get the Exchange guy to leave her alone, and get her the trade routes with Dantooine and Dxun.

I usually use Armorweave underlay and Energy absorbing overlay. That right there absorbs 60 percent of energy blasts, with the high level over/underlays.

I thought the energy resistance from overlays and underlays overlap and don't complement each other? Can somebody confirm that they do complement each other?

I can confirm that the dex bonuses flexible underlay for heavy armor and armorply overlay DO NOT stack. Whatever is higher wins.

Jeremiah:

That is correct. The bonuses do NOT overlap or complement each other. The highest of the two rule.

Also, the max dex limit on the armors *seems* to affect the bonus rating....so the modifier that is applied for dex effects EVERYTHING that uses the dex modifier. In turn, this effects to hit ratios, dc checks, armor class, blaster defl. etc. Yikes!

Might be yet another bug......Hmmm. Someone hand me some RAID!

The Zeison Sha/Jal Shey Armors aren't really good for Jedi given this *flaw* unless you REALLY desire the extra underlay choices that come with using Light Armor and KNOW you won't have a Dex Modifier greater than +4. You can cost your AC quite a few points in the process over even the lowlyest Jedi Robe, not to mention the other negatives. IMHO, it isn't worth it.

Hammer.

Yeah considering my PC only had 10 or 8 dexterity, the Zeison Sha armors are the best since the build focused on strength. Also overlay choices tend to be either ballistic shielding or energy shielding (usually ballistic since energy shields and energy resistance are usually enough). For a meelee build, they are better since you can have strength underlay as well (which robes don't accept).

Of course a male PC with a high wisdom would be better off with robes since these armors don't allow wisdom bonus to AC. But for low dex meelee female builds, then the Zeison Sha Warrior armor is the best.

You can also get a Zeison Sha Warrior armor.  Nice one too.  And you can put an overlay on them as well.

As pointed out, for a high dex character, robes are better.  I usually forego dex though to go for strength.  For a male PC that has gone thru the whole dialogue with handmaiden, robes would be advisable as they get to use their wis bonus to defense.  Doesn't work with the Jal Shey and Zeison Sha armor.

Not all robes will take underlays though.  I think only the Jedi master, Dark Jedi master robes etc.  Norris robes, Matukai apprentice robes, Jedi and padawan robes would not let me upgrade them.

Best I've been able to find in terms of the force armours is Zeison Sha Initiate armour. Still trying to get a warrior armour though. Anyone know if it only spawns above specific levels? (and yes, I realise that I can just cheat some in, but oddly, while I don't mind reloading for ages to try and get some from a shop or a cache, I really don't want to have to cross that line into enabling the cheats to do it.)

Surspect its lvl triggered, but if you badly need one, you can save at Telos and run loads until merchant shop shows up with one, however youll have to be sure not viewing inventory before you have saved otherwise it might not work.

This the easiest way to get zieson armor which is of high use to one >_<

I thought the energy resistance from overlays and underlays overlap and don't complement each other?  Can somebody confirm that they do complement each other?

I can confirm that the dex bonuses flexible underlay for heavy armor and armorply overlay DO NOT stack.  Whatever is higher wins.

confirmed. energy overlay and underlay STACKS...

made two sets, used mira on goto's yacht. one set had 30%, the other set 60%. Significant differences opening doors to same enemies. :devil::(:(

:D