Anything better than Jal Shey Mentor Armour?

Guest Damar Stiehl

Guest Damar Stiehl

God knows how, but I beat a set of Jal Shey Mentor Armour out of an opponent fairly early in the game. So far it has been the absolute best Jedi armour I have found. But is there anything better out there?

Depends on your character. If you have really high dex it gets obsolete mid game once you pass 18.

Ossus Keeper robes are nice. Usually with a top level strength underlay.

There are some REALLY nice robes but it's pot luck where you will get one. I always seem to come up with the same as I did in D2. Great stuff for the "class" I'm not currently playing.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Depends on your character. If you have really high dex it gets obsolete mid game once you pass 18.

Ossus Keeper robes are nice. Usually with a top level strength underlay.

There are some REALLY nice robes but it's pot luck where you will get one. I always seem to come up with the same as I did in D2. Great stuff for the "class" I'm not currently playing.

:blink:

I was not aware that you could put a strength underlay on robes.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

You can also get a Zeison Sha Warrior armor. Nice one too. And you can put an overlay on them as well.

As pointed out, for a high dex character, robes are better. I usually forego dex though to go for strength. For a male PC that has gone thru the whole dialogue with handmaiden, robes would be advisable as they get to use their wis bonus to defense. Doesn't work with the Jal Shey and Zeison Sha armor.

Not all robes will take underlays though. I think only the Jedi master, Dark Jedi master robes etc. Norris robes, Matukai apprentice robes, Jedi and padawan robes would not let me upgrade them.

You can also get a Zeison Sha Warrior armor.  Nice one too.  And you can put an overlay on them as well.

As pointed out, for a high dex character, robes are better.  I usually forego dex though to go for strength.  For a male PC that has gone thru the whole dialogue with handmaiden, robes would be advisable as they get to use their wis bonus to defense.  Doesn't work with the Jal Shey and Zeison Sha armor.

Not all robes will take underlays though.  I think only the Jedi master, Dark Jedi master robes etc.  Norris robes, Matukai apprentice robes, Jedi and padawan robes would not let me upgrade them.

Best I've been able to find in terms of the force armours is Zeison Sha Initiate armour. Still trying to get a warrior armour though. Anyone know if it only spawns above specific levels? (and yes, I realise that I can just cheat some in, but oddly, while I don't mind reloading for ages to try and get some from a shop or a cache, I really don't want to have to cross that line into enabling the cheats to do it.)

Damar:

There are a few better Jedi armors, but that question really requires me to ask one in turn......what kind of Jedi are you making? That is kind of a bs question though and one I hate to get so let me try to answer what I "think" your character might be and you tell me if I'm wrong.

Jedi

Some/Lots Melee with Light Sabers

Uses Force Powers

Looking at Dex or Str

Strongly Light or Strongly Dark

I'm guessing that you are probably Guardian/Sentinal (Weapon Master/Watch)

over Coun/Master.....so you have at least the Light Armor Feat. Therefor, Robes and Light Armor will be your preference. Some Light Armors will allow you to cast Force Powers, but do restrict the wisdom modifier being added to Dex if you are building a Dex based Jedi... So I will suggest armor/robes for Dex based and Str based Jedi.....Ok?

*All Robes/Armors listed are upgradable, which allows for overlays/underlays-this is highly recommended as this capability allows for flexibilty and greatly enhances the Robe/Armor far beyond those Robes/Armors that are not upgradeable IMHO*

Dex Based Jedi:

Robes....eschew Light armor due to loss of Wisdom Modifier Bonus, etc. plus Robes allow unlimited + Dex modifiers. (Stay away from Force Aura Power, the Def is bugged, so its only a +save modifier)

1. Nomi's Robe (3 Def, Wis +4, Regen Force +3) Lightside Only

2. Aleemea Keto's Robe (3 Def, +2 Str, +4 Wis, Regen Force +1) Darkside Only

2. Natth Cowling (3 Def, +3 Str) Darkside only

3. Jedi Master/Dark Jedi Master Robe (3 Def, Regen Force +1)

4. Arca Jeth's Robe (2 Def, +2 Wis, Regen Force +3) Lightside Only

4. Sylvar's Robe (2 Def, +2 Dex, Dmg Imm +15% Dkside & NRG) Lightside only

4. Baran Do Sage Robe (2 Def, Dmg Imm +20% Dkside/Lightside, +4 Wis)

4. Norris Robe (2 Def, +20% Dmg Imm NRG)

4. Crado's Robe (2 Def, +6 Str, -2 Con, No MaxDex Restrictions) Darkside Only

5. Jedi Knight/Dark Jedi Knight Robe (2 Def, Regen Force +1)

6. Ossus Keeper Robe (1 Def, +2 CHA, +4 INT, +4 Wis)

Str Based Jedi

Eschew Robes (with one exception maybe) for Light Armor's Extra Upgrade Capabilities (Light Armor allows some Underlays that Robes do not) and stronger item Def. Pretty much all Light Armor has a Max Dex Modifier Restriction of +4, in additon, the overlay that increases the Max Dex Modifier only works in Heavy Armor.....rats! All Armors Listed below allow Full Force use. Your NPCs also must have/obtain the Light Armor Feat in order to equip Light Armor...(Visas)

1. Darth Malak's Armor (7 Def, +1 Str, +2 Regen, MaxDexBon +4 ) Darkside Only

2. Zeison Sha Warrior Armor (5 Def, Saves Fort +1, MaxDexBon +4)

3. Crado's Robe (2 Def, +6 Str, -2 Con, No MaxDex Restrictions) Darkside Only

4. Jal Shey Mentor Armor (4 Def, Per+1, Cha+4, Wis+1, MXDexBon +4)

4. Zeison Sha Intitiate Armor (4 Def, Saves Fort +1, MaxDexBon +4)

5. Jal Shey Advisor Armor (3 Def, Per+1, Cha+2, Wis+1, MaxDexBon +4)

6. Jal Shey Neophyte Armor (3 Def, Per+1, Car+1, MaxDexBon +4)

Hope this info helps,

Hammer.

*1.  Nomi's Robe  (3 Def, Wis +4, Regen Force +3) Lightside Only

*2.  Aleemea Keto's Robe (3 Def, +2 Str, +4 Wis, Regen Force +1) Darkside Only

*2.  Natth Cowling (3 Def, +3 Str) Darkside only

3.  Jedi Master/Dark Jedi Master Robe (3 Def, Regen Force +1)

*4.  Arca Jeth's Robe (2 Def, +2 Wis, Regen Force +3) Lightside Only

*4.  Sylvar's Robe (2 Def, +2 Dex, Dmg Imm +15% Dkside & NRG) Lightside only

4.  Baran Do Sage Robe (2 Def, Dmg Imm +20% Dkside/Lightside, +4 Wis)

4.  Norris Robe (2 Def, +20% Dmg Imm NRG)

*4.  Crado's Robe (2 Def, +6 Str, -2 Con, No MaxDex Restrictions) Darkside Only

5.  Jedi Knight/Dark Jedi Knight Robe (2 Def, Regen Force +1)

6.  Ossus Keeper Robe (1 Def, +2 CHA, +4 INT, +4 Wis)

*1. Darth Malak's Armor (7 Def, +1 Str, +2 Regen, MaxDexBon +4 ) Darkside Only

2. Zeison Sha Warrior Armor (5 Def,  Saves Fort +1, MaxDexBon +4)

*3. Crado's Robe (2 Def, +6 Str, -2 Con, No MaxDex Restrictions) Darkside Only

4. Jal Shey Mentor Armor (4 Def,  Per+1, Cha+4, Wis+1, MXDexBon +4)

4. Zeison Sha Intitiate Armor (4 Def, Saves Fort +1, MaxDexBon +4)

5. Jal Shey Advisor Armor (3 Def, Per+1, Cha+2, Wis+1, MaxDexBon +4)

6. Jal Shey Neophyte Armor (3 Def, Per+1, Car+1, MaxDexBon +4)     

Hope this info helps,

Hammer.

Pretty sure the ones I marked with an asterisk are dummied. I didn't see them even in the game that I glitched up to fifty after the first optional planet.

Gray jedi robes should be somewhere on the list too as they are more common than jedi/dark jedi knight/master robes and can be upgraded with underlays.

Pretty random.

The best one I managed to get was the Zeison Sha warrior armor and that was only after I used the Korriban Hsiss exploit to get to 40. Gerevick dropped it after being encountered in the Enclave sublevel. Not really as much fun to go around with this character afterwards since there were so many powers and feats that it didn't need (wanted to get Valor, battle meditation, armor line of powers up in anticipation of Force enlightenment). Still interesting to see laigreks doing up to 70 and higher damage when they hit LOL.

On the other hand, my other character (guess I am a chronic restarter, haven't even finished Dxun and Onderon yet) managed to get a Jal Shey Advisor (not Mentor) armor on Goto's yacht.

Pretty random.

The best one I managed to get was the Zeison Sha warrior armor and that was only after I used the Korriban Hsiss exploit to get to 40.  Gerevick dropped it after being encountered in the Enclave sublevel.  Not really as much fun to go around with this character afterwards since there were so many powers and feats that it didn't need (wanted to get Valor, battle meditation, armor line of powers up in anticipation of Force enlightenment).  Still interesting to see laigreks doing up to 70 and higher damage when they hit LOL.

On the other hand, my other character (guess I am a chronic restarter, haven't even finished Dxun and Onderon yet) managed to get a Jal Shey Advisor (not Mentor) armor on Goto's yacht.

You mean that there are no robes/armors which you can find in the same place each time you play through?! How disappointing! :devil:

Pretty random.

The best one I managed to get was the Zeison Sha warrior armor and that was only after I used the Korriban Hsiss exploit to get to 40.  Gerevick dropped it after being encountered in the Enclave sublevel.  Not really as much fun to go around with this character afterwards since there were so many powers and feats that it didn't need (wanted to get Valor, battle meditation, armor line of powers up in anticipation of Force enlightenment).  Still interesting to see laigreks doing up to 70 and higher damage when they hit LOL.

You mean that there are no robes/armors which you can find in the same place each time you play through?! How disappointing! :(

I believe that the Ossus Keeper Robes are always found in the palace museum on Onderon.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Sorry Everyone.

I just posted the information I've & several friends of mine have collected since playing the game. I'm on my 8th game and they've played about the same more or less, so this data is compiled from about 50 games.

Please remember that the game generates items randomly and yields will vary. I personally didn't see any special robes until my 5th game, whereas I suddenly found Darth Malak's Armor. My friends have shared similar stories. What I've reported is what they've claimed to have seen plus the Robe I've found.

I did not include the Jedi Gray Robes because they have a Def of 1. I did include the Ossus Robe because of its "over the top" stat increases plus it can be upgraded as well, but it was the only Def 1 Robe that I included. So no Def 1 robes were included.

The only restrictions on Darth Malak's armor is darkside, light armor feat and max dex +4. There are no level restrictions on any armor or robes, to my knowledge.

Hope that clears things up,

Hammer.

I forget, is this the Jal Shey armor or is it Zeison Sha? Either way, no bonuses are worth that hideousness.

Everyone looks really adorable in Jedi Robes, stick with those.

yeah...the jedi armor is so sucky...dark robes look great...but robes are not as useful as the jedi armor... :(:(:(

any robes that you can upgrade can only take the enviromental upgrade or the bio regeneration upgrade.. :devil:

Of all places, I found a Circlet of Saresh on a Sith soldier aboard the Ravager...how odd.

I also haven't had much luck in finding the higher-quality Jedi/Sith robes. I did score an Ossus Keeper Robe after the "loose ends" were tied up, however. But since my char was a male, I think he would have looked rather odd wearing a female Jedi's (Nomi's) robes... :">