Quitting

deganawida

I'm quittting smoking.

A little history: I started smoking after I left Mercer. Never was a big smoker, never could make myself smoke more than half a pack a day. I've averaged about 5 or 6 cigs a day for the last 3 years, all but one at work. For the last five days, though, I've had only six cigarettes, and I'm going nuts.

Interesting side-effects: I have lots of energy. I mean, lots of energy. I can't stand still, can't sit still, and want to go pump iron for a few hours. WTF?! It's not like I don't get enough exercise as is, now I feel like I have to do it all the time. Also, I'm rather manic, and my temper is coming back.

It's going to be rather interesting from here on out.

oh yeah .. been down that road! next stop (for me) is severe irration (10x because of addiction).. the reason I started smoking! calms me down .. which is why I'm not stopping anytime soon ...

but very best of luck, it isn't exactly healthy ..

Fortune favors the bald.

never had a problem with lack of energy, not even when smoking .. it's a frame of mind imo .. if I want to do something (say run a mile or two) I do it, even if I'll be dying from lack of breath afterwards! :D energy breeds energy .. and lazyness deprives it ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Oh, I'm active. It's a comparison thing. I exercise frequently, rarely just laze around (unless there's a really good game out), and stuff, but compared to how I feel now, I must have been a couch potato. Seriously, all my limbs are super-light right now, and I'm needing to burn off some extra energy before I explode.

well no wonder .. every muscule in your body is recieving the right amount of oxygen and not being continously starved! therefore you should feel stronger etc.

I just choose to delude myself with the notion that I can overcome such things! :)

Fortune favors the bald.

I stopped smoking in Sept. and it sucks ass. All those smug **** with their sweet carolina tobacco, I could just kill them all. Some people think its a big deal that they smoke a pack a day, I use to go through two lighters a day <_<

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm quittting smoking.

A little history: I started smoking after I left Mercer. Never was a big smoker, never could make myself smoke more than half a pack a day. I've averaged about 5 or 6 cigs a day for the last 3 years, all but one at work. For the last five days, though, I've had only six cigarettes, and I'm going nuts.

Interesting side-effects: I have lots of energy. I mean, lots of energy. I can't stand still, can't sit still, and want to go pump iron for a few hours. WTF?! It's not like I don't get enough exercise as is, now I feel like I have to do it all the time. Also, I'm rather manic, and my temper is coming back.

It's going to be rather interesting from here on out.

Post.......seems.......familiar....

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

No, I started because everyone at work was smoking around me all the time. I cannot stand to be around cigarette smoke when I'm not smoking; I sneeze, tear up, and cough uncontrollably. Finally, one guy suggested that I try a cigarette and see if that would help. Remarkably enough, it did. Course, it became a need/habit a few months later, but at first it was just a way to work without coughing up a lung every few minutes.

..the reason I started smoking! calms me down..

I dont understand that, I smoke or snus when I need to pull up. Nicotine to me is like coca-cola to a 4yearold, I get overenergized.

I used to smoke cigars and once I was treated to this really nice cuban, a thick robusto, that means it burns off a whole lot more smoke than whats common so after 10min I had such a bad nicotine rush I thought I was going to get a stroke or something (no, of course I didnt inhale)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I dont understand that, I smoke or snus when I need to pull up. Nicotine to me is like coca-cola to a 4yearold, I get overenergized.

nicotine has a relaxing affect after you've become fully addicted AND, you have high levels of nicotine in your system for long periods of time. if you only do it once in a while, it's more of an upper. oh, i know this from experience... i'll never be completely a non-smoker, unfortunately.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I remember something about nicotine increasing your nerves ability to reviece signals, which would cause heightened perception .. which in turn would be stress-relieving, as you are better able to handle multiple tasks!

but in any case the smoke deprvies your body of oxygen, and we all know what happen in there is too little oxygen in a room .. you get sleepy! hence it should have a calming effect to smoke .. albiet not too healthy since it's oxygen starvation!

Fortune favors the bald.

i think the calming affect actually comes simply from the fact that you're feeding your addiction.  this happens with nearly all forms of addiction.

taks

yeah that's true! .. damn.. didn't think of that! ^_^

but I still thing oxygen depravation has something to do with it! even though i probably plays a secular and smaller part..

Fortune favors the bald.