The Masked Sith

Many people is wanting to know more about this particular character. A lot of people is waiting for Obisidian to put out his profile like they did for Mira and Darth Sion.

You ask me, I believe Obsidian should keep his background a secret. There is already so much mystery behind this character like whos actually behind the mask and whats his name. Obsidian can put out profiles for all the other characters in the game, but please not his. I rather save the surprise for the game when we learn about him through the game and through player dialog, it'll seem so much better and natural that way.

This is just my opinion though, this isn't something that I'm demanding Obsidian to do. This is also something that not everyone agrees on as well cause many wants to know more about this character and I'm fine with that cause I do to....but I rather wait til the actual game to learn about him.

Until the game actually comes out, I rather just know this person as the Masked Sith.

What is your take on this?

Keeop the masked sith's a secret until the very end? Hmm, I dunno might be unusal... not that I don't like the idea of playing the game and thus find out more about the Masked sith on my own, but it somehow doesn't seem right that you shouldn't get some main info on the bad guy, at least.. :/.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Keeop the masked sith's a secret until the very end? Hmm, I dunno might be unusal... not that I don't like the idea of playing the game and thus find out more about the Masked sith on my own, but it somehow doesn't seem right that you shouldn't get some main info on the bad guy, at least.. :/.

Why? Should we be spoon fed information about every detail of the game? So nothing is a surprise?

Why? Should we be spoon fed information about every detail of the game? So nothing is a surprise?

Not necressiary, but would it hurt if they jsut gave away some "general information" about the Masked Sith, nothing too deep? Darth Sion's information looks fairly general to me; we're told that he's basically a wreck but not why, and we're not told if he's a leder of a fraction among the Sith Lords or not, and so on... I think you gotta agree ont hat the information we have on the characters in KOTOR 2 are far less than the information we got from bioware ont he KOTOR 1 characters before. I wasn't that deep in KOTOR 2 back then, but I did look at the page of the game now and then and each character had a long and careful explainationa bout him/her. The KOTOR 2 characters hasn't... I mean, just look at the description of Malak; much of that could IMHO have been cut short and left for us to find out about in the game...

For me, it's fine if they keep the information to themselves like you suggest, but if so they should keep it for one or two months after the game has been released so that everyone have had a chance to find out for themselves...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I agree they should leave the background on the masked guy till the very last. Besides the fact that if they released too much info on the musked guy it could spoil parts of the game, there are other party members I would like to know more about first.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I agree with Tyrell.

I don't want all the characters and backstory revealed before I even get a chance to play the game and find things out for myself.

Tidbits of information are okay, but not to the extent where when you play the game you'll be like "oh this is when such and such appears" or "oh ok, so this is when i fight such and such."

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I would prefer to be kept almost completely in the dark, even general info could detract from the experience somewhat. I don't want to know anything about the storyline that you don't pick up in the first portion of the game, and so far I think that Obsidian has done a good job with that, they release characters' names and class but little else.

That's an, um...interesting sig you've got there Dark Wanderer.

Thank you ;). It's a Behelit, or the King's egg. When it's owner is in a certains tate (often a state of despair, hopelessness or sorrow), the Behelit is activiated that way and summons God Hand, that then is able to grant the owner his deepest wish in exchange for a terrible price...

Many people is wanting to know more about this particular character. A lot of people is waiting for Obisidian to put out his profile like they did for Mira and Darth Sion.

You ask me, I believe Obsidian should keep his background a secret. There is already so much mystery behind this character like whos actually behind the mask and whats his name. Obsidian can put out profiles for all the other characters in the game, but please not his. I rather save the surprise for the game when we learn about him through the game and through player dialog, it'll seem so much better and natural that way.

This is just my opinion though, this isn't something that I'm demanding Obsidian to do. This is also something that not everyone agrees on as well cause many wants to know more about this character and I'm fine with that cause I do to....but I rather wait til the actual game to learn about him.

Until the game actually comes out, I rather just know this person as the Masked Sith.

What is your take on this?

ya i know it's like in the last game releasing that your are revan, it would destroy the story

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I mean it isn't like it is a requirement to post all the player profiles. We were just all spoiled with Bioware giving us these in-depth profiles of the characters, weapons, and worlds. So in other words it isn't a must to know about the Masked Sith's background and such. Its more of a option. Keep some things a secret and let us the gamers find out ourselves and not tell us everything 4 months before the game comes out.

When I play TSL and when I first learn about the Masked Sith it would be more of a shock and more awarding to the overall gaming experience. Rather then coming in and already knowing the character's past.

Now if Obsidian gives away the character's name then I wouldn't mind, just don't tell us his profile and I'm pretty confident that Obsidian will keep him a mystery until we actually play the game and find out ourselves.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that the less is better. Just imagine how cool it would have been if we DIDNT know about Darth Sion and how great the experience it would have been for us to see him for the first time in the game?

Obsidian has now taken that surprise and experience away from us. Now when we play TSL and see Sion we are going to be like "Oh yeah, I already know about you...." rather then "Holy ****! Look at that guy! Whats up with him?"

Again though, Bioware started this and now Obsidian feels as if they have to follow through with it.

For other RPGs like Final Fantasy and such we don't know all about our NPCs and bad guys 4-5 months before release. The only character we know of....is our player character. Thats it....everything else is left for the game experience and THATS how it should be.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that the less is better. Just imagine how cool it would have been if we DIDNT know about Darth Sion and how great the experience it would have been for us to see him for the first time in the game?

Obsidian has now taken that surprise and experience away from us. Now when we play TSL and see Sion we are going to be like "Oh yeah, I already know about you...." rather then "Holy ****! Look at that guy! Whats up with him?"

Point very good and taken, but we have to know at least some things about the game, if nothing else so to help keeping our interest in it :). It works the same for Obsidan and other comapnies; if some eyecandy and such aren't released from time to time, how are we supposed to create new speculations about all things in the game, among other things?

Sure, I wouldn't mind that much if they kept the bad guys secret until the game itself is out, but at the same time, I'd want to know about other characters, characters we might or might not welcome as comrades, locations, etc... But with a small, not huge, information released with them. Just enough for us to speculate about or so. :D

I am hyped about this game and especially learning of all the improvements being made. The character is behind the mask for a reason, he want's to hide something. Or maybe it's because he's fashionable, I don't know. I don't suppose it'll hurt if they divulged SOME info on him, quite similar in style to that of Sion or Mira. They didn't reveal much about the characters' past or motivations, but it was a good snippet.

maybe there bro and sis and one went bad and the other good

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I would like it like this:

Atton: A quee-cheerful party member that dabbles in homo-being a scoundrel, and has an alien st-blaster....

Kreia: Old hag that was once involved Enzyte commercials...

Atris: Hot white chick, with mysterious tastes...

Masked Sith: Masked menace, with little information, why you might say? Because he's whooped everybody's a$$...

Just some quickies, more later...

instead of NPC profiles they could give us info on new species worlds and badguys and maybe guys who are part of the exchange like davik. That would be better i think. oh and maybe stuff like who were the previous owners of the new droid u get and stuff about the ebon hawk and they could show us different swoop bike models on the lucasarts website

I am hyped about this game and especially learning of all the improvements being made. The character is behind the mask for a reason, he want's to hide something. Or maybe it's because he's fashionable, I don't know. I don't suppose it'll hurt if they divulged SOME info on him, quite similar in style to that of Sion or Mira. They didn't reveal much about the characters' past or motivations, but it was a good snippet.

hes probably incredibly disfigured like vader.

I would like it like this:

Atton: A quee-cheerful party member that dabbles in homo-being a scoundrel, and has an alien st-blaster....

Kreia: Old hag that was once involved Enzyte commercials...

Atris: Hot white chick, with mysterious tastes...

Masked Sith: Masked menace, with little information, why you might say? Because he's whooped everybody's a$$...

Just some quickies, more later...

You forgot the queen of Onderon and the other Jedi girl.........

I wouldn't mind a little information on the masked guy, but not a lot and certainly no backstory on him. Just a little piece of information heightening the mystery around him would be fine, something to speculate on. It's a fine line I know but thats what wishes are for.

hes probably incredibly disfigured like vader.

Not everyone wearing a mask has to incredibly disfigured, there are many valid reasons why you'd want to wear a mask sometimes.

Instead of being incredibly disfigured he could just be incredibly handsome to the point of being a pretty boy and might wear the mask to appear more intimidating.