KOTOR 3

I wasn't sure where to put this, but since it concerns plot info regarding KOTOR 3, I thought I'd put it here.

I received the March 2005 Game Informer today. From page 40:

"Obsidian did pretty well taking over for BioWare in KOTOR II: The Sith Lords, and it's got more up its sleeve for the third installment. A source tells us that the game is going to reveal more about the HK series of droids, including where they are from and who makes them. Also planned is an exploration of the Outer Rim territories following in Revan's footsteps."

So, I'm guessing Obsidian's working on the project. It sounds like they may possibly be taking material that was cut from 2 to use in 3. At least we know that 3 is in the works.

Obsidian, if you guys are on it, please don't make a great game with a let-down ending like KOTOR 2. I really loved your game, but the end left me with an "is that it?" feeling. And with the rumors that it was rushed out, that LA possibly muscled you into shipping an incomplete game, it really hurts your reputation in the eyes of the fans. If you guys are working on it, please make it the masterpiece we know you're capable of.

Are you an idiot? How the hell could you think Bioware is going to make KotOR 3 when the quote you had in the post explicity stated that Obsidian would be making the 3rd game?

"Obsidian did pretty well taking over for BioWare in KOTOR II: The Sith Lords, and it's got more up its sleeve for the third installment. A source tells us that the game is going to reveal more about the HK series of droids, including where they are from and who makes them. Also planned is an exploration of the Outer Rim territories following in Revan's footsteps."

Notice that it says OBSIDIAN did a good job, and ITS (meaning OBSIDIAN) got more up its sleeve for the third installment?

Anyway, this news has been mentioned before in a previous post.

Sorry for sounding angry, just in a bad mood (girl problems).

Are you an idiot?  How the hell could you think Bioware is going to make KotOR 3 when the quote you had in the post explicity stated that Obsidian would be making the 3rd game?

You didn't have to blow up on a guy. He probably was thinking about BioWare and how good it was and put BioWare instead of Obsidian.

Things like that happen to everyone.

Are you an idiot?  How the hell could you think Bioware is going to make KotOR 3 when the quote you had in the post explicity stated that Obsidian would be making the 3rd game?

Oops, you're right, despite your lack of tact. How embarassing. Yes, I meant Obsidian, when I typed Bioware. Post has been edited.

Hmm, thanks for the heads up. I also heard that (from an interview w/ Obsidian during KII's production) that Revan is definately coming back. I wonder if they mean that in by following in Revan's footsteps you follow, find Revan during half game and then continue as either Exile or Revan? Or new PC? :p

Or, since Revan is just beginning to 'remember' what s/he did, that s/he is following in his/her own footsteps? Yargh, now I've confused meself.

Those are great news, though the game left me with a "wtf, is that all? feeling like last time I saw "matrix Reloaded" it is good to know we will see the third part, I hope this do not take too much time. and explain too many things.

I kind of hope that they don't rush the game like they did with Kotor II and do take their time. I mean, if you need 5 years to complete a bad movie (like AOTC), then why wouldn't they allow 2 1/2 years to complete a magnificient game.

Master Vandar lives!

If they are reusing bits from KOTOR II well expect the game pretty soon because within a year and bit the Xbox II will be taking over the Xbox duties more or less full time.

Making a game for an obsolete system dosnt really strike me as a particularly likely thing (though Sony did continue to support the PS so anything is possible).

It's not like they dont have experience of a tight schedule and the lack of a solid ending may have nothing at all to do with time anyway. There are many other factors, not least of which would be given the contract for KOTOR III and having a "plan".

I'd expect something around June about their next game (which would have it about 6 months into production)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yeah, now that I know, that a third part will come, it all makes sense:

The old Star-Wars was made, without the awaiting of another part, so every movie was "closed" for itself and the next movie had to glue itself somewhere on the old movie. Like Kotor1.

The new Star-Wars-Movies are made as a triology, espacially designed for sticking together. Like Kotor II and III seem to be.

And it really reminds of Matrix Reloaded. At the end of Kotor II there was just missing:"To be comtinued..."

Unless KoTOR3 is being developed for Xbox2... that mean we'll have to wait.

Not really. XBOX2 comes out this summer, or so i've heard. Either way its gonna be friggin awesome. I just hope you get more darkside force powers. They're much more offensive, and as my sn implies, im full of the Dark Side!