Is this the future of CRPG's?

Sarkus

ummm... I don't get it, how am I a rat for bringing back the classics? I'm lost lol

Edit: Come to think of it, a wheel of cheese would be delightful right about now >:-F

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So, how did CRPGs turned out? Anyone got an opinion?

Never heard of them. Guess they had no future.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

In retrospective, Crpg's died off... they were replaced with third person action rpg's like Fable, and things like that.

Just a few years ago, Crpg's was suddenly resurrected through things like kickstarter. The genre is in hot water though (yes even now) as it only appeals to a small audience. We have a bunch being made and released on Steam, most only sell a few hundred copies if that... well until they reach a massive sale but we all know that when people buy games on massive sales, they go to the backlog lol

I know, I know, someone is bound to come here and tell me I'm wrong, that Crpg audience has been steadily growing and blah blah blah but if we geabbed a bunch of pc gamers and places them in a room, the vast majority wouldn't know what a Crpg is, realistically.

Still, it's great to see companies like Obsidian and Larian have such a huge comeback through crowd-funding. Better through a small audience than not at all, right? :D

I'm buying all the Crpg's that I can to support the genre, same with 2D fighters that are being localized. Unfortunately I was not able to back PoE1 at the time but I made it for Deadfire!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Lol True. I didn't realize that this thread was from that far back. I didn't see the date (hard to see things on my dying phone).

Didn't it twig when you noticed you were replying to a thread discussing the benefits of having 1GB RAM ....in 2017? :p

• Like 3

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

... if we geabbed a bunch of pc gamers and places them in a room, the vast majority wouldn't know what a Crpg is, realistically.

Crpg always struck me as a strange term to describe these games. I mean, it stands for "computer RPG", right? Isn't any RPG played on a PC a crpg? Isometric RPG (I-RPG) might be more descriptive.

• Like 1

Lol True. I didn't realize that this thread was from that far back. I didn't see the date (hard to see things on my dying phone).

You should still get punished severely for necroing so many threads.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

You should still get punished severely for necroing so many threads.
I know because that's so offensive right? Not much else to complain about on these forums (as they are well moderated) so I can see the need to punish somebody for nothing :)

I should add that I noticed just how many people checked out my profile after reporting me, if you must know the moderator messaged me and told me there were a few conplaints. Reminding me how the community will get butthurt out of nothing and complain about every little thing they don't like but I'm thankful this forum has great mods.

If I was spamming or insulting I could understand where people are coming from but necroing isn't a crime, nor is it againat the rules. Most people don't mind and some have commented that they were glad to see the posts again.

Hopefully everyone who got their feelings hurt by me commenting on old posts can move on now since nothing is going to happen and it's all blown over.

Edited by SonicMage117

Pretty sure the problem isnt necroing a thread, but necroing ALL the threads, which might as well look like an awful lot of spamming. :>

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It really wasn't as many as people are making it out to be.

Spamming doesn't have anything to do with recalling threads, it's only the community who will try to make something appear as it's not. There is no problem here except the one that people have created for themselves.

There's no harm being done, yet people were offended and made an issue out of something that wasn't. I can imagine friends of friends messaging each other, having conversations about reporting my posts/profile for necroing but there's no sensibility in that.

Actually, I'd like to put everyone's mind to rest since this has become an exaggerated issue, that it won't happen again. I never knew the community was this sensitive. I know it's a different forum but I necro even more on Steam when I use the search function for something specific in a game hub and have yet to get a complaint.