What I Liked About TSL!

I am actually at the end of S4.. good thing I didn't read any farther then what I thought I saw coming. SPOILERZ!!!

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

I am actually at the end of S4.. good thing I didn't read any farther then what I thought I saw coming. SPOILERZ!!!

Really sorry about that :"> I saw the US location and assumed since the game was released last year there you were going from previous experience.

I'll edit the post but drop by in my Suikoden IV thread in general gaming please.Once you finish the game.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

What I missed:

- Calo Nord

- HK-50 encounters after repairing HK-47 (well, who knows what might come...)

- Taris Lower City - Javyar's Cantina music deom KOTOR 1 (where you meet Mission and Zaalbar) - it's nice and chilly; there's a similar tune in KOTOR 2 (Jekk'Jekk Tarr) but it only has a few instruments left and doesn't sound as nice

What I missed:

- Calo Nord

- HK-50 encounters after repairing HK-47 (well, who knows what might come...)

- Taris Lower City - Javyar's Cantina music deom KOTOR 1 (where you meet Mission and Zaalbar) - it's nice and chilly; there's a similar tune in KOTOR 2 (Jekk'Jekk Tarr) but it only has a few instruments left and doesn't sound as nice

So... what did you like?

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

I was quite disappointed one of the Jedi masters wasn't called "Adahn".

Hell, it would have been cool just to have an "I'm ... urm... Adahn... " dialog option.

Would have made me smile from ear to ear. (hint hint for kotor 3)

I really like what they did with the whole interface overhaul. It's so much nicer then the original.

There are some quirks to it I don't like, the targetting issue bugs, and the stims being on the same selector as medpaks, but otherwise the improvements more then make up for it.

I also like how they made skills more useful. Picking Soldier/Guardian in the first game was a no brainer. In KOTOR 2, the idea of NOT having those skills makes me wince.

I also suspect this is why the evened out the BABs for the classes, to compensate.

The new robes! I HATED the robes in KOTOR with a passion.

I really like what they did with T3. Here they take the most neglected character from KOTOR 1, and give him a life of his own.

For once, I actually got to play a Jedi character, without having to go through half a game of explanations as to what a Jedi is, how to act, blah, blah, blah.

Kreia. She kept me trying to second guess her the whole game, and I rather enjoyed that challenge.

I completed the game 4 times without the 'Cheat Console' but believe it or not if you have no bugs just complaints about the loot system or not getting HK-47 early enough then you can merely drop these items into your inventory...

For all of those that dont like the random loot system

Hope this helps some who like characters only activated by the items...

I thought the only item problem is that you get too much good stuff.

Though it's nice to be able to build a blaster that actually does some serious damage. (Pity the rifles are still so wimpy next to pistols -- the upgrading means the lower base damage is insignificant compared to the extra attack).

I've been making a list of some of the things that I really enjoyed on my most recent play through. In no particular order:

- Destroy Droid (and I think Force lightning) allow you to destroy mines from a distance. This wasn't an option in KOTOR. I think it adds a nice sense of realism to the game

- People actually mention to you about your DS/LS status. LS they mention a "glow" about you and DS they can really get on you about your appearance. They also notice that everyone on the ship seems to be affected when you go DS/LS, but it's not so much that it becomes annoying.

- The Security Spikes really work. In Kotor they were useless. Now they can actually be used on occasion to open up tough locks.

- You can use explosives to blow open locked doors/cannisters. Again another improvement that adds a sense of realism to the game.

- Bash breaks fragile items. I fail to understand why Bashing a container open breaks things while Explosives don't break anything. I mean it makes sense if you bust the lock open, you may break things inside, but shouldn't explosives have the same kind of consequences.

- Also on bashing doors with a lightsaber. The effect looks pretty cool to me. It looks like Qui Gon in Episode I, where he sticks the lightsaber through the blast doors and it just melts the lock away. The game doesn't show the "melting" but your character does stick his blade straight in, which I though was cool.

- You can get yourself in over your head challenging Jedi Masters DS. I suppose it was possible to not be strong enough to defeat opponents in KOTOR1, but I never really experienced it. This time I went to Dantooine, and wanted to kill Vrook. DS of course, and let the other two masters live and see what happens at the Enclave later on. Well, Vrook handed me my @$$ cause I tried doing it too soon. I had just gotten my lightsaber and barely level 13 when I tried taking him out.

- You don't have a Jedi Companion (Bastila) who's constantly telling you you're doing bad stuff. Although your companions do mention when they see you doing stuff they don't like, but it's done in a much smarter way than KOTOR1. It's not "The Jedi council would not approve" ten thousand times during the game. lol. I especially like the fact that you can use Force Persuade almost freely without anyone really commenting on you abusing your power.

- And how could I not mention the robes. They actually gave us some jedi armor. How cool is that? Now if only I could find a way to consistently get the best jedi Armor in the game.... I'm not even sure I've had it once yet. lol.

- Destroy Droid (and I think Force lightning) allow you to destroy mines from a distance. This wasn't an option in KOTOR. I think it adds a nice sense of realism to the game

I loaded up KoToR to check on some stuff, and I was really really missing this.

- Bash breaks fragile items.  I fail to understand why Bashing a container open breaks things while Explosives don't break anything.  I mean it makes sense if you bust the lock open, you may break things inside, but shouldn't explosives have the same kind of consequences.

This is just guess but because you cant blow open a container without the demolitions skill I think its much more deliberate than simply bashing something till it breaks. Although mines are used It may just be a specific part of the mine which is focused on the lock.

Still as you say it's a very nice touch and in some cases the only way to open a container (two I can think of post peragus).

Destroy droid is a lot more useful this time around for that very reason. Had me wondering about that charging the mine field scene though. Guess it's a new power that the general didnt have during the war.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

- Bash breaks fragile items.  I fail to understand why Bashing a container open breaks things while Explosives don't break anything.  I mean it makes sense if you bust the lock open, you may break things inside, but shouldn't explosives have the same kind of consequences.

This is just guess but because you cant blow open a container without the demolitions skill I think its much more deliberate than simply bashing something till it breaks. Although mines are used It may just be a specific part of the mine which is focused on the lock.

Still as you say it's a very nice touch and in some cases the only way to open a container (two I can think of post peragus).

Yup, that's the idea. Though blowing open containers always seemed rather hard compared to, say, blowing open doors in the same areas.

Yup, that's the idea.  Though blowing open containers always seemed rather hard compared to, say, blowing open doors in the same areas.

That would make sense in view of things not being broken because your not really bothered about damaging the door you just want to get in.

478327[/snapback]

The Top Ten Things I loved the most......in order from greatest to least....

1. The Secret Tomb on Korriban....simply amazing, it gave the game a nostalgia that I can't put in words. From the recruiting with Malak and re-living the war...brilliant.

2. The New Robes, they made a huge difference in the feeling you got while you're playing the game and igniting your lightsaber...u feel like a Jedi, rather than one of Sir Robin's Menstrils in a skirt holding a laser sword....

3. Prestigue Classes-Just to see Sith Lord or Jedi Master by your name was very nice, and all of the bonuses and feats that came along with the class were awesome. And also the no-level cap was very cool....because it's unrealistic to just stop gaining power...

4. The Cutscenes and darker story and etc. were PERFECT....Kreias' cutscene of when she was betrayed by Sion and Nihilus was the best one...

5. The usage of NPC's from KOTOR in KOTOR 2. enough said. (particularly talking with hk-47 about KOTOR 1) and also The new NPC's in your party were all very cool, and even the least coolest were still alright, and not a pain in the ass and annoying like Carth or Zalabar...

6. The way they personalized items for you, like your Crystal and ArmBand and etc.

7. The whole new workbench design and way you can customize your lightsabers more in depth...and create things for your saber.

8. The ability to make your Companions Jedi, it would be higher down the list, except that they didn't deliver it well enough, like no cutscenes and etc. but...still...a much needed and well done improvement over the last game...when everyone was already a Jedi.

9. The Skill checks and etc. in Dialogue, made it very cool, so that's number 9.

10. The way they made you switch from your main character to your NPC's worked nicely with the story and made sense. I thought that was very cool and added to the story nicely.

I'm extremely impressed that KotOR 2 has persuaded me to break from my tradition of always playing Guardian and actually playing a character with skills. Skills are SO useful in this game - extreme kudos there.

I also loved the new jedi robes - they were really quite classy. And the use of characters...T3 suddenly has so much personality!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here's what I liked, though some things have left me with mixed feelings:

- the more complex story than in KOTOR 1 (until I realized there's some inconsistency to it and the ends are actually drifting apart instead of meeting)

- no Mission Vao :D

- in-depth interaction with party members (e.g. influence poits, though sometimes it was annoying that you couldn't really avoid losing influence with someone)

- returning to familiar locations (Dantooine, Korriban) - same locations 5 years later actually do bring up some nostalgy

- no cheap Yavin station bonus for the PC version this time (seriously, who was able to afford more than 3-4 items from there?)

- more light/dark path effects on your game, actually motivates to play again (in KOTOR 1 I just reloaded the part where Bastila turns evil and attacks me for the fist time, that's where you select your ending)

- more interesting villains

And here are some things that irritate me:

- "cool new robes"? To be honest, I only look at armor stats, and apart from those jedi armors that required the light armor feat, the robes were rather useless

- money imbalance - vice versa: while in KOTOR 1 you were always short on money (see my Yavin remark), in KOTOR 2 hardly needed any

- I disagree that the game actually motivates you to play a non-combat character, unlike in KOTOR 1 my guardian could accumulate enough pursuade skill to always succeed in it, and also with 10 demolition points and repair for breaking doing items (only the main char's repair skill matters - bug?), you dont really need anything - all other skills can be provided by your companions

- ever heard of DVD-ROMs, Mr. Lucas?

I could tell more KOTOR 1-2 comparisons/improvements. Unfortunately that's all the differences I remember right now, it's been a year since I played KOTOR 1. :thumbsup:

here's what i liked on TSL:

1. Robes man!!! the new armor for the jedi are amazing, when i see the screenshot reviews on web site, it's shivers me, it's cool

(w00t)

2. the story-line, i'm always liked the darkside, so i want to experience to becoming a darth myself and i manage to do that!

:p:thumbsup:

3. the features about you can teach your companions the way of force is cool too

:ph34r:

4. the fighting style is different from KOTOR I, so i'm curious to the new moves, i'm bored to death when i played the 2nd times on KOTOR I

:(

5. the fate of revan, but i dont know it though, i dont know where is darth Revan now?? or i'm not listening to whole story-line???

:">

6. and i liked the opening music you know, it could make me dance

:)

I was quite disappointed one of the Jedi masters wasn't called "Adahn".

Hell, it would have been cool just to have an "I'm ... urm... Adahn... " dialog option.

Would have made me smile from ear to ear.  (hint hint for kotor 3)

:cool:

That would have been on par with putting "13" on the back of the Peragus mining suit!

manthing2.jpg

Since, I'm always going off about all the negative stuff in the game; I thought I'd share some of the things I really liked in the game....

There's more; but that's it for now. :thumbsup:

Agreed on all your points!

I just went back and started a kotor game and found I *really* missed weapon switching, being able to set someone to range stance and when they get in melee they switch weapons and creating/breakdown items!

Did anyone notice the difference in shopping tho from the two games? Or maybe its just my pc version? In the first one when I select an item to buy it, my selection stays selected so I can buy more. In Kotor2 If I select an item it jumps back to the top of the screen. Quite annoying when I'm buying several things way down on the list. Strange bug or does it work like that for everyone?

Cheers,

FD

Wow. What an ancient thread... <_<

It's glad that people like things about TSL; but let the thread die,...

P.S. Oops.. I didn't help matters here... :devil:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.